Rare team matchups

ladainian_tomlinson_2006_12_31.jpg

From 2006, the last year of the 1988 set for the Chargers, and year two for the current set for the Cardinals.

I will always love that Chargers uni, it was a very beautiful set.

And LT pretty much owns that whole look IMO.

You know what? Add me to the (growing?) list of people who think this is the best the Chargers have ever looked.

I'm not saying they should bring this back though. Much like my gripes with the Brewers, it's clear what Chargers fans prefer, and that's powder blue. Add to it the franchise's beginnings and most successful period with that shade, and it's clear that's what they should be wearing. It'd also help them stand out from the Rams if they move back to the coast.

• Like 1

preview.jpg

Wait... what? Maybe you meant to post the version of the Dolphins unis that came right before the Oilers move to Tennessee, but these uniforms were in circulation together for quite some time.

preview.jpg

2002 was the only season the Bills wore those unis on the old turf.

This matchup isn't rare at all, it happened 2 a year for 10 years

But the last time on old turf!

Matchups don't necessarily mean uniforms, it could be field or court designs as well. This is a rare matchup thread not rare uniform.

It's the thread of rare matchups of team uniforms. Pointing out differences in playing surface is a bit of a stretch.

nfl_lhotsb_ph-02b_mj.jpg

Super Bowl XXXIV was the last season of the blue and yellow Rams and the first season of the Titans.

Also, the Broncos played the Rams in 1997 which was the first year for the non-orange crush modern Bronco uniforms and the third-to-last season for the old blue and yellow Rams, but I was unable to find a picture of it.

• Like 2

Untitled_zps5e4a382a.png