MLB Fauxbacks

Jvelleu

Ever since the Rays came out with their fauxbacks last year, i've wanted to make 70s fauxbacks for the other expansion teams that weren't around in the 70s. I finally got around to it when I was inspired by JCRGraphics sweet 70s NHL concepts. I just love the horrifically beautiful aesthetics of the 70s.

First up is Miami, racing stripes in full glory. (sorry about large images)

MiamiMarlinsFauxbackUni_zpsa6225b9e.png

I really wanted to make a super happy, poorly rendered 70s style logo, heavily inspired by pucky the whale.

MiamiMarlinsFauxbackLogo_zpsaa583c50.png

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heres Miami in blue.

MiamiMarlinsFauxbackUniBlue_zps15cf3d38.png

And Arizona in white. My original thought was that the pinkish color would be the purple version of a powder blue road jersey (powder purple?). It probably does look better in white, although im not sure that thats the point, they're kind of supposed to look bad.

ArizonaDiamondbacksFauxbackHomeUni_zpsb7160564.png

Pretty soon someone will make a fake league where the teams are stuck in the 70s jersey wise. These are pretty good, although there is one small details that is kinda bugging me and it's that the marlins cap logo looks like it's popping off the cap. Look real close and you'll see it. Looks awesome. Can't wait for more.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

And Arizona in white. My original thought was that the pinkish color would be the purple version of a powder blue road jersey (powder purple?). It probably does look better in white, although im not sure that thats the point, they're kind of supposed to look bad.

You are failing. Miserably. Keep up the good work!

StLouisCardinals.png

CowboysClassic_zpsb3d9923d.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Pretty soon someone will make a fake league where the teams are stuck in the 70s jersey wise. These are pretty good, although there is one small details that is kinda bugging me and it's that the marlins cap logo looks like it's popping off the cap. Look real close and you'll see it. Looks awesome. Can't wait for more.

I just did that so the entire logo would be visible, it would normally be cut off because of the angle of the cap.

Here are the Nationals.

WashingtonNationalsFauxbackUni_zpsf2480195.png

Im open to suggestions on what to do next, I've pretty much covered every team that could have a 70s fauxback. Maybe throwback to an earlier period? I could also do 70s fauxbacks for teams that were around then and just pretend they weren't.

Too many stars on that Nats concept. Get rid of the pants stars and the ones under the script. I suggest you could do the Yankees. It'd be interesting to see how you could 70's style them.

I think the entire point of the topic is to do the teams that weren't actually around in the '70s, hence 'fauxbacks'.

8VvwoNps.png

I feel like I'm traveling in time--you have certainly captured a 70's vibe with each of those--with the boldness, the striping styles and logo styles.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived