PDC - The Professional Dodgeball Coalition

Windell918

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkpiranha

Meh on the new secondary. Yes, you're utilizing the shape of the state... but it's just a square. 1000 times out of a thousand, no one would ever make that connection. "Wow, I see you incorporated the shape of the state!" I'd stick with the direction you were taking on the first pass, which focuses more on the horns and ears. Maybe go with something that's more wordmark-oriented. "Lopes" with horns or ears incorporated into the letters.

If you are still looking for a mascot, a few years ago I worked on a documentary about pronghorns in Wyoming. I always thought "Pronghorns" or "Prongs" would make a fun team name and logo.

Bingo! Works perfect with the J.

I'd even think about making the official name the "Jacks"

Casper Jacks

It would definatly be an official nickname (like seattle sonics over supersonics) but the name remains Jackalopes to distinguish them from jackrabbits.

I created an account just so I could say how much I love everything about this thread! But may I suggest one change to the league formatting?

I noticed yousaid at one point that you were planning to make this league AND a developmental league? Well since I think 128 is more than enough teams, and let's face it a vast majority of them would have sucky rosters in a league that big, I think this league would be perfect for a promotion/relegation system.

If you choose this, you can keep the 128 teams you have at this point right now (or at least I think it's 128), divide them into 4 tiers of 32, and you can put the first 32 teams in the top tier and work your way down. Maybe this would be better if you actually plan on bringing this league to life, which at this point I don't think that's the case :P

Just a thought... Keep up the amazing work though!

Thanks for that Robb, and welcome to the board! I think you have good ideas and if this were real would really make sense. As for the talent pool I've always thought it would be cool to have a league where teams could only have players from their area. So in this case to play for the Jackalopes youd have to have been born in Wyoming. It would really make a team look to develop their states/areas as feeder systems. I could see this going to a tier based system but in the inaugural season it would definitely be all 128 vying for the cup. I do have plans for that which I will get in to down the line. I will say now that those plans are why my recent concepts have been leaning toward the american side as i do want that finished a little while before the international.

But regardless, as I said, welcome and thanks for the input. Feel free to drop some C&C anytime!

I did a lot of what I call administrative work today. First, I caught up my signature. Then, I got think about how I was asked the other day about the list of team/cities. While I do know off hand its page twelve, thats not the easiest to get to. So I made a new list and posted it in the first post of the topic. While making this list I noticed a few interesting things:

1. I have done A LOT! Im pushing 50 teams and I feel like they have flown by. I've really enjoyed it so far. I feel like lately the comments have seemed to slow, I just hope that people are still looking and just not needing because they like what ever it is how it is.

2. I have A TON left to do! I've barley made a dent on the International League, and I have a tournament in mind??!!?? People said I was crazy and the worst part is Im excited about it. Even if no one looks at this thread any more I'm gonna keep going, until I have all 128 concepts.

3. Theres more teams with out an alternate still than I thought. Eliminating that blue ink on the list is my priority right now, and I feel like the alternates have been well received of late so its win-win.

4.And Im really embarrassed about this one. (Any one reading this from Costa Rica already knows whats coming.) I spelled Heredia way wrong. On the concept. On the jerseys. And on my spreadsheet. So gave that a fix and went ahead and put together an alternate that I think is completely rad. Just dont stare at it too long you may get dizzy. Hope you like them, and hope the list helps!

HOWLERS2.jpg

HOWLERS-2.jpg

You could probably pick my next concept city from that list if you see this. Just post your pick in red letters.

Archived