Seattle NHL Project

colinturner95

Looks a little too close to the Wild now I think.

5gombbee08a1zz9pk9tpfwy36.gif

I think two greens and gray looked nice.

That logo's old. The Wild don't even wear the yellow anymore. ...Okay, maybe on the logos, but I think there's still room for another green/gold/red team, if they actually use the gold, as opposed to vintage white or whatever color the Wild likes to use. I still want to see the double green, though.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McElroy and I did a Seattle project this past summer and we chose to use Seattle colors, and despite what a lot of butthurt Canadians and disgruntled Seattlites said on TSN's website, we thought it turned out pretty great. I think it's neat when a city's sports teams all share a color scheme. So I wouldn't be opposed to seeing that done in here. The green/red/yellow wouldn't be bad either. Nice callback to the Sonics

• 2 weeks later...

Is this thread dead

It has been since 2013 but someone decided to bump it after 2 years for no reason. And then it finally got off the first 2 pages only to be bumped again just now. Typically, if a thread is falling down the list and nothing's being posted, unless I had something relevant to add, I would message the OP privately instead of filling up the first page so others work can be seen.

• 2 weeks later...

A Seattle team should be called

The Seattle Metropolitans it would work fine for an NHL team in Seattle not only that merchandise would best selling since Metropolitans has much nostalgia for Seattle Hockey Fans

although however there is a NHL division called Metropolitan Division it would be a bit confusing

It won't be the Totems since there already is a Tier III Junior team with that name. Knighthawks is way too minor league-ish. Based on the poll as it now, the name will be the Emeralds, and the colors will be the light/dark greens, silver and white with possibly some navy added.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

But they Would Be Called Seattle Metropolitans since that name is popular with Seattle Hockey Fans even though there is a NHL Division called The Metropolitan Division.

Call them the Metros then. Which was another planned idea.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Wait this was a planned idea for a possible NHL team in Seattle all along?

Ok. Check the thread you're in. This is a concept thread, where I am attempting to create an NHL franchise based out of Seattle. If you're looking for actual info about the possible expansion to the Emerald City, check the Sports Logos section.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I Have Got a suggestion for you How about creating a Seattle Metropolitans Jersey Concept on your Seatle NHL Project and how about creating merchandise for a Fictional NHL Seattle Team and creating a center ice logo featuring A fictional Seattle Metropolitans Logo

since bkknight is interested in keeping this thread alive, it's peaked my interest and i have a few suggestions

NAME:

between your 2 choices, Emeralds appeals to me the most. it looks like that's where you're going, so naturally a bright green swatch could be a primary color. but choosing that swatch and the accompanying ones is going to be tricky. which leads me to. . .

COLOR:

i suggest just simply Googling "emerald" and getting ideas for your swatch. the key will be to select something different enough from Dallas, Vancouver. and San Jose (teal i know, but keep it in mind). but, i wouldn't think a dark green would be off the table either. actually, i think as long as you have any green paired with the Emeralds name, it will work well enough.

the 2 combinations you originally chose don't work for me though because they're both too close to other NHL teams, old Vancouver and Dallas. i suppose you might mention the Whalers too, but being a defunct team they're not all that important. below are all of the blue/green competitors. you must do something different than these teams.

FgpCcy1.jpg

looking at the other Seattle teams as inspiration for the color scheme, there's honestly not a specific common color between them. yes they're all blue and green but they each have their own different swatch of blue and green. i would take that as a jumping off point for creating your palette of colors. even if you choose, say a sky blue and dark forest green, it's still going to fit into this family of logos here.

NTSTfr0.png

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

since bkknight is interested in keeping this thread alive, it's peaked my interest and i have a few suggestions

NAME:

between your 2 choices, Emeralds appeals to me the most. it looks like that's where you're going, so naturally a bright green swatch could be a primary color. but choosing that swatch and the accompanying ones is going to be tricky. which leads me to. . .

COLOR:

i suggest just simply Googling "emerald" and getting ideas for your swatch. the key will be to select something different enough from Dallas, Vancouver. and San Jose (teal i know, but keep it in mind). but, i wouldn't think a dark green would be off the table either. i think as long as you have any green paired with the Emeralds name, it will work well enough.

the 2 combinations you originally chose don't work for me though because they're both too close to other NHL teams, old Vancouver and Dallas. i suppose you might mention the Whalers too, but being a defunct team they're not all that important. below are all of the blue/green competitors. you must do something different than these teams.

FgpCcy1.jpg

looking at the other Seattle teams as inspiration for the color scheme, there's honestly not a specific common color between them. yes they're all blue and green but they each have their own different swatch of blue and green. i would take that as a jumping off point for creating your palette of colors. even if you choose, say a sky blue and dark forest green, it's still going to fit into this family of logos here.

NTSTfr0.png

I thought about going with the navy blue, if I use blue. If I pair it with a light enough green, I feel like it would really pop. The poll says Emeralds, but I really want to go with Metros. I'm not 100% on names yet.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived