Seattle NHL Project

colinturner95

Man every thread I look in this sportsfan guy is posting a thought every 30 seconds and pissing everyone off. 110 posts in 3 days, and none actually contributing anything to anything.

As for the name, I am much in favor of Pilots of Totems for an NHL team in Seattle, but of the two options I'd pick Emeralds. "Mets" isn't nearly as unique.

sorry didn't mean to irritate anyone also I prefer a Seattle NHL team name to be Metropolitans why well first off the name Metropolitans has nostalgia amongst Seattle hockey fans and looking at some Seatle NHL name polls Metropolitans is a fan favorite amongst Seattle hockey fans second having the name Metrpolitans would a great name because as I said its a fan favorite with Seatle hockey fans third Seattle Totems is already used by a Tier III junior hockey team and Pilots was used by a MLB team now the Milwakee Brewers and although Emeralds is an interesting name however Seattle Metropolitans has relevance because it relates to Seattle's long hockey as the Metros were the first American team to win a Stanley Cup.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I looked back at the color ways of the shields I had previously done and I added a couple and edited most of them

16395806019_bfbc6a86eb_b.jpg

Sorry, the shields are still big. I added a Metros color option and a Sonics color option. Please note that I haven't finalized the shade of green I want to use, Colorwerx is blocked at my school (grrr), so I can't accurately compare greens with existing NHL teams. I think that in Seattle's case, instead of going full color match, i.e. Pittsburgh, matching at least one color, so in this case green will be the matching color.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Now that I'm at home, I could get some better looks at the shades of green.

aDGx0EG.png

I'm going with Pantone 7481 C for the light green. Dark green to be decided later, but for contrast, I think it will be darker than what Minnesota currently uses. Silver and White will also be used in conjuction with the greens.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Really like the double green, silver, white color scheme; it's unique. That said, I was also a big fan of the last uniforms that the Whalers wore, so the first color scheme with the Navy added in would be a very acceptable alternative as well.

Not a fan of adding the red, hated when the Sonics did it. Not a fan of the color combination on the Wild either.

Alright, here is the final color set, and this is the one I will be using.

16448328420_93c62aca07_b.jpg

Silver and white are the accent colors. The lighter green is Pantone 7481 C and the darker green Pantone 627 . The darker green is darker than Minnesota's, which at eye glance, is the darkest green in the NHL. Logos, hopefully, will be ready in the next few weeks.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Very sharp color design.

If you wanted to throw a tertiary green in, I like the idea of a sea green because it borders on blue to keep with Seattle's blue/green theme, but it's not anywhere close to the Canucks. OR I don't think a hint of yellow would hurt at all. BUT this concept could be pulled off completely fine without those colors I just suggested.

I look forward to what you come up with.

Archived