NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

Could it be that Bobby Lane's ghost propelled Justin Tucker's kick?*

*yes, I am a very superstitious person

And inexplicably, in spite of themselves, the Packers once again have the inside track to the division title.

Seriously, when was the last time an NFL division champion had a tie game in its regular season campaign?

49ers last year

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am about to be sick, for the Dolphins to have a chance to make the playoffs. I have to root. I have to root , I cant even say it I have to root for the Ravens next opponent. I feel grimy

A win by either the Dolphins or Ravens means the Steelers are officially out. That's all I'm worried about right now. Things seems to always work out for them in the end. Good things happen to bad people.

As for the Dolphins, the Bills and Jets should be easy wins. But in the NFL you never know...

And inexplicably, in spite of themselves, the Packers once again have the inside track to the division title.

They truly are the St. Louis Cardinals of the NFL, to my chagrin.

The Bears could deny them their unmerited success if they too win out. To my horror it will probably all come down to the Bears/Packers season finale.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

If the NFC North is up for grabs in Week 17. It'll definitely be on NBC.

They dropped the ball last year not taking the Packers/Vikings.

Wasn't that game last year all for Peterson's rushing record attempt? I think NBC's premise is wanting the last game of the NFL season to be played (i.e. their final SNF game) as a "win-and-you're-in-no-looking-back" situation for both teams. And ratings-wise, the NFC East garners more media attention than the NFC North, anyway.

The Bears could deny them their unmerited success if they too win out. To my horror it will probably all come down to the Bears/Packers season finale.

A Bears fan might feel that way, but if there is an NFL equivalent to the Cardinals, my guess is most people would say it's the Steelers.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

If the NFC North is up for grabs in Week 17. It'll definitely be on NBC.

They dropped the ball last year not taking the Packers/Vikings.

Wasn't that game last year all for Peterson's rushing record attempt? I think NBC's premise is wanting the last game of the NFL season to be played (i.e. their final SNF game) as a "win-and-you're-in-no-looking-back" situation for both teams. And ratings-wise, the NFC East garners more media attention than the NFC North, anyway.

Which is crap, because it's the most overrated entity in the entire NFL.

Yeah, it was AD for the record game, plus the Vikes needed it to make the playoffs.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I personally have to think that NBC would never say no to Packers/Bears if that game turned into a winner-take-all kind of game.

I also don't think that game will have those implications on both sides. I think the Eagles will beat the Bears.

I was hoping I would bait Andy into responding to one of my Packers-related tweets earlier in the night; I failed on that front. I will also say that the Steelers/Cards comparison is more apt, but for a Chicago sports fan, I can see why he thinks of Green Bay in similar terms to St. Louis.

My amusing realization from tonight, as far as my expectations go, is that we all thought of this game as one where the winner takes a huge step forward in their playoff bid, and the loser takes a huge step back. Despite that, I still think the Lions WILL get in, and the Ravens will miss, so go figure.

spacer.png

Well, if the Dolphins lose against the Bills, which is not impossible, and the Chargers lose, along with a Cincinnati loss against the Vikings (which is also not impossible), the Ravens could clinch a playoffs berth with a win because they'll still have that tie-breaker over Miami and will stay within AFC North division title contention. Plus, with the game next week being in Baltimore they thrive off of home field advantage. Despite tonight's offensive efforts it is a different game when they play New England. I'm personally expecting a close one and it could go either way. All I can say is that I'll be in Baltimore for the game and the place is going to be nuts. So excited!

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

NBC biggest boner will probably be if its another Dallas win and in final Sunday Nighter again. Imagine them completing a hat trick of blowing it vs all their division rivals 3 years running. Like I stated, its like the Dallas know and embrace that's their role in this league.

BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

Well, if the Dolphins lose against the Bills, which is not impossible, and the Chargers lose, along with a Cincinnati loss against the Vikings (which is also not impossible), the Ravens could clinch a playoffs berth with a win because they'll still have that tie-breaker over Miami and will stay within AFC North division title contention. Plus, with the game next week being in Baltimore they thrive off of home field advantage. Despite tonight's offensive efforts it is a different game when they play New England. I'm personally expecting a close one and it could go either way. All I can say is that I'll be in Baltimore for the game and the place is going to be nuts. So excited!

I have no idea what to expect from the Patriots/Ravens game. I can definitely see it coming down to the last two minutes, maybe a controversial call even.

IUe6Hvh.png

I have no idea what to expect from the Patriots/Ravens game. I can definitely see it coming down to the last two minutes, maybe a controversial call even.

I will never forget the Sunday Night game between the teams last year. That was the last week of the replacement refs where the crowd chanted loud and proud "BULLS$%T!", and the Ravens FG at the buzzer barely made it in and Belicheck tried to grab the ref and got fined for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAoVxOTw-ME

BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

I will never forget the Sunday Night game between the teams last year. That was the last week of the replacement refs where the crowd chanted loud and proud "BULLS$%T!", and the Ravens FG at the buzzer barely made it in and Belicheck tried to grab the ref and got fined for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAoVxOTw-ME

I was there and participated in that chant. :P

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

I would have thought that the St. Louis Cardinals of the NFL were the St. Louis Cardinals.

And suddenly the Bengals sure division championship is not only at risk, so is just playing in the playoffs.

I have to root for the Patriots to beat the Ravens. Puke.

You guys are 6-0 at home, and facing a four win team (albeit, a "hot" four win team) next week.

I mean, obviously being removed from the situation, it's easier for me to say this, but I don't fear Cincinnati's division or playoff hopes at this juncture.

Spoken like someone who hasn't been a fan of this team for the last 26 years.

A Bears fan might feel that way, but if there is an NFL equivalent to the Cardinals, my guess is most people would say it's the Steelers.

This. The two fanbases are so similar in every way a fanbase can be annoying.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Of course. I'm a Bucs fan, and I'm sure if the situation was reversed, I'd be saying what you're saying (and you might have the response I did). That's exactly why I made that caveat about being removed from the situation; it's much easier for me, from the outside, to see a football team that's 9-5, won seven of their last ten games, and say that they're in fine shape. Given the Bengals historical tendency to make things much more difficult on themselves than they need to, I can certainly see why you'd have concern.

(at least I edited that post before you saw it, eh? Not sure what I was thinking, but I did eventually realize it was dead wrong.)

spacer.png

Ah something I thought would never come out of my mouth... Go Patriots! Detroit played, or should I say Stafford played like complete garbage last night. Pretty bad when you get beat by a team that only scores field goals. At least it was good news for all Justin Tucker fantasy owners out there.

The Bengals need to come out explosive Sunday against the Vikings.

So, he says Packers because he's a Bears fan... don't you think the Steelers seem especially annoying to you personally as someone from Ohio?

So, he says Packers because he's a Bears fan... don't you think the Steelers seem especially annoying to you personally as someone from Ohio?

Probably.

There is a possible scenario that could leave the Bengals playing the Ravens in week 17 where if the Bengals win they are the two seed and if they lose they're out of the playoffs altogether. That's terrifying.

Here it is: Miami wins out against Buf and NYJ (likely). Baltimore beats New England and the Bengals beat Minnesota that sets up a showdown for the AFC North in Cincinnati in the last game. Bengals lose the AFC North tiebreaker if they finish 10-6 and they lose the tiebreaker to Miami thanks to that overtime safety. If the Bengals and Patriots finish 11-5 Bengals hold the tiebreaker.

I think I'd rather just have the Pats beat the Ravens, the Bengals to clinch the division against the Vikings, and try our luck in the wildcard round than to have to face the scary prospect of beating the Ravens in an all or nothing showdown.

ESPN's playoff machine. http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived