NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

I hope Justin Tucker shanks a do-or-die kick next 2 weeks. This Ravens team does not deserve another lucky Super Bowl.

Baltimore is comically lucky- can't believe the 120 million dollar moron Flacco has a ring.

Rahim Moore doesn't screwup, we're calling Harbaugh Mr. Can't Win The Big One.

There's a lot of pent up hostility here. Calm down.

And I don't understand any of these shots at Baltimore. Many analysts picked them to be in the Superbowl not just last year, but in recent years prior. They're not some fluke flash in the pan team, nor is Harbaugh a bad coach by anyone's definition of bad. I'm assuming we're dealing with a 13-year old here.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Bengals don't get smart and promote Zimmer, he could be a head coach next season. Either way, it's time for Marvin Lewis to hit the road. He's been here long enough and hasn't produced anything to talk about.

Marvin Lewis record: 88-88-1 (4 playoff appearances)

Previous 3 Bengals coaches: 19-52, 21-39, 12-33 (52-124 combined, 0 playoff appearances) Be careful what you wish for.

He's actually 88-85-1, which is impressive with the "GM" that runs this team. This is why I'm not as quick to bash Marvin Lewis as a lot of other Bengals fans.

Sure, he's 0-4 in the playoffs and he's only made the playoffs 4 times in his first ten years and he's got work to do to make it this year, BUT, he ended the irrelevancy and despair and he went toe to toe with Mike Brown on personnel decisions which is why this current Bengals team is the most talented Bengals team of my lifetime. Who knows, maybe this is the year they make a playoff run and people forget about his playoff record.

My only gripes are that he's sometimes too easy going (case in point: His punter gets destroyed with a cheapshot and that doesn't fire up Marvin or the team) and that he's a doofus with his timeouts and clock management. He's gotten a lot better with his challenges.

Mike Zimmer is overdue to get a shot as a head coach and we'll miss him as DC, but that's the way it goes.

PvO6ZWJ.png

BlueSky, don't forget about the Saints trouble outside the Dome. 

True but at least the weather shouldn't be that much of a factor. 50% chance of rain and mid-70s.

Edit: Just noticed that I missed the wind forecast...22 mph. Oh boy.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

49ers fans to buy billboard?

Love it, and hope the rivalry stays at a healthy level. To me, SF's five trophies don't bother me. The Niners won them all prior to Seattle moving to the NFC West, and those Niner teams were legendary (at least FAR more so than the Niners team today). A giant Dwight Clark in Seattle is better than a Kaepernick any day.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

So the Bears "control their own destiny." Probably one of the worse sayings a Bears fan can hear especially with a team like this.

Unless both the Lions and Packers lose this week and Chicago escapes Philly with a win, the division comes down to that Bears/Packers game in Week 17. I want to be optimistic but we shall see.

So the Bears "control their own destiny." Probably one of the worse sayings a Bears fan can hear especially with a team like this.

Unless both the Lions and Packers lose this week and Chicago escapes Philly with a win, the division comes down to that Bears/Packers game in Week 17. I want to be optimistic but we shall see.

I'd be a lot less optimistic about this week if:

1. Philly wasn't coming off of one of their worst games of the year where Matt Cassell looked like a golden football god

2. The Eagles didn't have the 2nd worst passing defense in the NFL

3. Lance Briggs wasn't returning from injury this week

4. The Bears are 6-3 this season against non-NFC North teams

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I doubt this scenario will come to pass, but if the Packers and Lions both dropped their games on Sunday, the Bears would be playing for the NFC North title straight up. If Dallas beats Washington, the Eagles won't have nearly as much at stake knowing that, win or lose, they would have to win in Week 17 regardless. In the event that Dallas would also lose, then someone clinches their division that night for sure, and the other has to finish Week 17.

Just something to be curious about. The Eagles have the most successful yardage back in the NFL this year with McCoy, but the converse is their awful passing D coupled with Marshall and Jeffery destroying everyone they face. It's a recipe for a lot of points on Sunday night.

spacer.png

1. Philly wasn't coming off of one of their worst games of the year where Matt Cassell looked like a golden football god

I hope it goes the same way as the Cowboys game. I'l be okay with it looking like a shootout early on as long as the Bears pull away with it. Briggs will be a much needed shot in the arm for the defense. I was at the game last week in Cleveland so it's a little harder to tell than when you're watching it on TV, but it seemed like the defense locked it up pretty well in the second half. McCoy has the potential to have a career game against the Bears.

I'm not even worried about what the Packers do this weekend because no matter what happens, the game next week is the deciding game for the two teams. But, I hope Detroit loses just so there's no chance they can get back into it.

So, barring an early Xmas miracle. Matt Flynn will go again this week, which I mean at this point I don't really care, the team around him is playing well. Seriously, though. Getting really tired of the Packers medical staff, but they're just doing their job, but they're known as some of the hardest doctors in the league to get cleared by.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Love it, and hope the rivalry stays at a healthy level. To me, SF's five trophies don't bother me. The Niners won them all prior to Seattle moving to the NFC West, and those Niner teams were legendary (at least FAR more so than the Niners team today). A giant Dwight Clark in Seattle is better than a Kaepernick any day.

Ask the plurality of young Seattle fans (under 35 years old) who Dwight Clark was, and they'll likely pause. Wouldn't surprise me if their answers went along the lines of, "so he played football when my grandparents were young?"

Ask the plurality of young Seattle fans (under 35 years old) who Dwight Clark was, and they'll likely pause. Wouldn't surprise me if their answers went along the lines of, "so he played football when my grandparents were young?"

Dwight Clark's "The Catch" on a billboard won't irritate Seahawk fans nearly as much as Kaepernick's flex.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

I hope it goes the same way as the Cowboys game. I'l be okay with it looking like a shootout early on as long as the Bears pull away with it. Briggs will be a much needed shot in the arm for the defense. I was at the game last week in Cleveland so it's a little harder to tell than when you're watching it on TV, but it seemed like the defense locked it up pretty well in the second half. McCoy has the potential to have a career game against the Bears.

I'm not even worried about what the Packers do this weekend because no matter what happens, the game next week is the deciding game for the two teams. But, I hope Detroit loses just so there's no chance they can get back into it.

Yeah, I'm a lot more worried about next week than I am this week. Even if the Bears win this week, there's a pretty good chance it comes down to the Packers game next week anyways. And I don't know if there will ever be a time that I feel confident about a Bears-Packers game that matters in December/January, but it's going to be interesting how Rodgers comes back.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

John Harbaugh is NOT a quality coach. He inherited Billick's team and is a product of Ozzie Newsome's drafting.

The Ravens are just as undisciplined as the Lions, yet Harbaugh gets a free pass because the Ravens always win games. Nobody has the balls to call out Harbaugh for their penalties- remember, they were 2nd most penalized last year. But because they won it all, nobody had the guts to call them out for being dirty.

Baltimore has gotten all-time lucky the last 2 weeks. I can't believe THIS is our SB champ.

Well, unless you were living under a rock during the offseason, which is always a possibility with you, you might have noticed that the Ravens lost a decent chunk of their defense after the Super Bowl. The Ravens weren't supposed to be that good this season. That they are is probably why people think well of Harbaugh. That and Brian Billick's leavings, especially on offense, were a roaring :censored: fire.

If the Bengals don't get smart and promote Zimmer, he could be a head coach next season. Either way, it's time for Marvin Lewis to hit the road. He's been here long enough and hasn't produced anything to talk about.

Marvin Lewis record: 88-88-1 (4 playoff appearances)

Previous 3 Bengals coaches: 19-52, 21-39, 12-33 (52-124 combined, 0 playoff appearances) Be careful what you wish for.

LMAO, I don't have to be reminded of the 90's. Yes, I will take part of it back he has turned the team around over the 90's. But if you cannot win a playoff game, then it's all for nothing.

Yeah, I'm a lot more worried about next week than I am this week. Even if the Bears win this week, there's a pretty good chance it comes down to the Packers game next week anyways. And I don't know if there will ever be a time that I feel confident about a Bears-Packers game that matters in December/January, but it's going to be interesting how Rodgers comes back.

Hopefully, the Bears will learn to shut the playoff door in front of the Packers face. Three years ago, all wrapped up with the NFC North title, they rested their starters in Week 17 against Green Bay, allowing the Packers to win the game they needed to win to get into the playoffs. And then they went on to win Super Bowl XLV.

I'm not really sure I follow the logic here, because if the Bears were to lose this week, then the game against Green Bay could end up being irrelevant if the Lions were to win their final two games (at least, from the Bears perspective of making it to the playoffs).

I'm pretty shocked with this Rodgers stuff, to be honest. That was provisionally, what, a 3-6 week injury? That was in the Packers eighth game (which was Week 8 or Week 9; I really don't remember). It's been more than six weeks by this point. Obviously, that was just an estimate, and not all bodies heal the same (and injuries can heal differently depending on just where the injury occurred; trust me, I get all of this), but, at the time, if I had been asked whether Rodgers would be playing by the time Week 16 rolled around, I'd be shocked that I was even being asked at all.

Still gonna give them the nod against the Steelers, however.

spacer.png

Hopefully, the Bears will learn to shut the playoff door in front of the Packers face. Three years ago, all wrapped up with the NFC North title, they rested their starters in Week 17 against Green Bay, allowing the Packers to win the game they needed to win to get into the playoffs. And then they went on to win Super Bowl XLV.

Eh, as much as I want to see Jay Cutler win a Super Bowl I also want to see Aaron Rodgers win his second, just so he can eclipse His Favreness.

Archived