NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

Having either the chargers or steelers make the playoffs is absolutely brutal. I'm happy the steelers are out because of douchy steelers fans, but Lights Out is just as bad.

Down seven points. Not time to panic yet. Stick to your guns, Cowboys. It's still just the Eagles.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wild Card Saturday:

NBC - Indianapolis vs Kansas City

NBC - Dallas/Philadelphia vs New Orleans

Wild Card Sunday:

CBS - Cincinnati vs San Diego

FOX - Green Bay vs San Francisco

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Divisional Saturday

Fox-at Seahawks(4:35)

CBS-at Patriots(8:10)

Divisional Sunday

Fox-at Panthers(1)

CBS-at Broncos(4:35)

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Wild Card Saturday:

Wild Card Sunday:

Looks like NBC will continue riding the cottails of the NFC East, while FOX continues to ride the cottails of the Packers.

As far as the AFC is concerned, there isn't that much zest in either matchup, simply because people are assuming the Chiefs are a hodgepodge of a team not built for a deep run, and because networks were hoping for a Steelers or Ravens matchup with Cincinnati instead of the Chargers. So I guess NBC took the game assumed to be the least popular of Wildcard weekend, just as a lead-in for the night game (the 1st playoff game of the weekend tends to be the least-interesting matchup).

'Hawks got the job done and that's a great thing. I do have to question the Rams because that whole meltdown in the 3rd just boggles my mind... I mean, never have heard of anyone getting flagged for 'verbal abuse of an official' until today. I also think that Langford got the short end of the stick with that ejection, but you can't touch the ref... didn't help his cause when he slammed his helmet on the turf as well.

Now, Seattle gets a week of rest to prepare for either...

-Green Bay and a chance to put the demons of 'Mistake-Gate' to rest

-San Francisco for the rubber match

or...

-New Orleans and another crack for the Saints against the 12th Man

Wild Card Saturday:

Wild Card Sunday:

Looks like NBC will continue riding the cottails of the NFC East, while FOX continues to ride the cottails of the Packers.

Umm...

NBC chose the Saints/NFC East game. Fox didn't have a choice about having that Packers/Niners game, although that's the better game anyway so they lucked out. That has nothing at all to do with riding Packers coattails. At all.

spacer.png

Wild Card Saturday:

Wild Card Sunday:

As far as the AFC is concerned, there isn't that much zest in either matchup, simply because people are assuming the Chiefs are a hodgepodge of a team not built for a deep run, and because networks were hoping for a Steelers or Ravens matchup with Cincinnati instead of the Chargers. So I guess NBC took the game assumed to be the least popular of Wildcard weekend, just as a lead-in for the night game (the 1st playoff game of the weekend tends to be the least-interesting matchup).

Yeah, I'm always interested in knowing when these things are actually decided. I could see where if the Charger game wasn't over yet, CBS wanted the Steelers. Neither AFC game is going to be a ratings buster, but these Charger/Bengal teams are more known quantities at this point than the upstart Chiefs or year two of Andrew Luck. And we all could have assumed NBC was going to ride on the NFC East, especially with Drew Brees and the Saints attached.

Interesting to note, this is the last season of NBC's Wild Card Saturday doubleheader. Starting next season, NBC and ESPN will each carry a Wild Card Saturday game, and NBC will get one Divisional Round game.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Man, NFL refereeing and officiating is just stellar, isn't it?

Leave it to NFL officiating to potentially cost a team a playoff spot.

EDIT: OK, never mind. But that was still some serious BS with the play clock.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

-Chris Conte sucks

-The entire secondary was awful, there wasn't once during the game where I was confidant on a pass play

-Surprisingly good showing from the run defense. There were still some huge runs, but the line held the line of scrimmage pretty well most of the game

-Chris Conte sucks

-Not much to complain about from the offensive side, but there were still too many three and outs. You don't have to score on every drive, but they needed to cut down on the three and outs

-I hate Trestman's play calling in short yardage situations. It worked this time, but I hate going shotgun on first and goal at the 1

The Bears need to keep Cutler. The only way you don't is if you can 100% guarantee that your starter next year will be better. McCown doesn't count and neither does a rookie. Cutler isn't perfect, but he's a very good QB and that's hard to find. Letting him walk and drafting a QB is way too risky of a move for a team with as good of an offense as the Bears have. They need to draft defense early and often. I hope they only make one offensive pick and it's a mid-round QB. They need at least two safeties, a corner, and two tackles on defense. You probably don't get all that in one off-season, but you need to fill as many of those holes as you can. Another linebacker, defensive end, and a good punter wouldn't hurt either. Just improving the defense to an average unit would make them a playoff team with a real shot. It's just so frustrating to be good, but not great every year.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived