NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

So I had this crazy dream last night. The Packers were down to the Bears late. It was 4th down and the game on the line. Aaron Rogers somehow got away from Julius Peppers, rolled out, and hit Randall "Don't call me Reggie" Cobb for a TD to win the game. What a cool end that...wait....what? That actually happened?

Packers_Bears_Football_148637_game.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched like 15 minutes of the game at a family gathering and all I saw was the derpiest touchdown in years. You know, say what you will about Lovie Smith, and I most certainly have, but there is no way in HELL his defense doesn't pounce on that ball and run it back. Never ever ever ever EVER WOULD THEY HAVE BEEN CAUGHT WITH THEIR THUMBS UP THEIR FREAKING ASSES LIKE THAT.

EVER.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Believe me, I am very worried about the wrong Bengals team showing up, but LO acting like this is a sure Chargers victory is silliness.

Where did I say it was a "sure victory"? Believe me, I've seen enough Chargers football over the years to know that nothing's assured. I was just giving reasons for why the Chargers might win.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

So I had this crazy dream last night. The Packers were down to the Bears late. It was 4th down and the game on the line. Aaron Rogers somehow got away from Julius Peppers, rolled out, and hit Randall "Don't call me Reggie" Cobb for a TD to win the game. What a cool end that...wait....what? That actually happened?

I believe that I speak for CS85 as well in saying that when the Bears finally do defeat the Packers in a game as meaningful as that one, whether that happens next season or in 2029, I will give you absolute hell for it.

25yzwqg.png

Between Admiral's opining for the Lovie Smith days and Greg's self-fellatio, this thread is just my favorite place in the whole world.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

And I got to see Murray absolutely destroy an Eagles defensive tackle, which was awesome.

Man oh man did he absolutely truck him. I mean a GIF worthy truck. That was definitely a highlight of this game for me, especially since it ended in a loss. I wish Dallas remembered Murray was a player on this team sooner. They may have been in the playoffs long before this game ever came up.

Murray's 2nd half carries were the following: 3, 6, -4, 0, 1, 2 yards.
I'm not sure what you are implying here. That he only carried 6 times in the second half (thus making my statement void)or that when he did have the ball he wasn't very effective.

That's fair. Carry on.

At least we can agree on how great it is for the Steelers to be

watching from home. It's about damn time that team and fanbase didn't get lucky.

The funny thing is that the ref that missed the call on the Chargers yesterday(Bill Levy) was the one who did a piss poor job for them in Super Bowl XL.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

That's fair. Carry on.

At least we can agree on how great it is for the Steelers to be watching from home. It's about damn time that team and fanbase didn't get lucky.

110% in agreement.

That's fair. Carry on.

At least we can agree on how great it is for the Steelers to be

watching from home. It's about damn time that team and fanbase didn't get lucky.

The funny thing is that the ref that missed the call on the Chargers yesterday(Bill Levy) was the one who did a piss poor job for them in Super Bowl XL.

WOW ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Karma is real. Oh my god that makes me so happy.

PvO6ZWJ.png

That's fair. Carry on.

At least we can agree on how great it is for the Steelers to be watching from home. It's about damn time that team and fanbase didn't get lucky.
As I'm not a fan of your Chargers or the Steelers I could sit back and marvel at just how incredibly lucky each team had to be to get in. It really was amazing that all the help that was needed from other teams came through and it came down to that last game. I will say that as much as I despise both teams if I had to pick one over the other, I'm glad the Chargers got in. My Cowboys helped contribute to the Steelers trophy case so screw them. Even if the refs did kinda give SD the game a couple times...screw the Steelers.

The only bad thing is now I owe someone $20 because his Chargers ended up going further than my Cowboys. *Ron Simmons voice* DAMN.

I watched like 15 minutes of the game at a family gathering and all I saw was the derpiest touchdown in years. You know, say what you will about Lovie Smith, and I most certainly have, but there is no way in HELL his defense doesn't pounce on that ball and run it back. Never ever ever ever EVER WOULD THEY HAVE BEEN CAUGHT WITH THEIR THUMBS UP THEIR FREAKING ASSES LIKE THAT.

EVER.

Someone said the same thing while I was watching. I was in favor of firing Lovie, but I didn't expect anywhere near the fall from the defense that we saw this year. It was just the perfect combination of Lovie leaving, Trestman not giving a :censored: about the defense, Mel Tucker being an awful coordinator, losing Urlacher, and injuries. The good news is they probably can't be any worse next year.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I believe that I speak for CS85 as well in saying that when the Bears finally do defeat the Packers in a game as meaningful as that one, whether that happens next season or in 2029, I will give you absolute hell for it.

Fair enough, but understand that my post wasn't meant as a knock on the Bears. It was more of a "I still can't believe the absurdity of the Packers winning the NFC North" type thing. Sometimes a team deserves to win and sometimes it's nothing more than pure luck. This division title was pure luck. That's what I was getting at.

Sorry if it read differently.

With regard to "giving me absolute hell", feel free. I can take it. I'm not adverse to some friendly sports smack.

BB52Big.jpg

Between Admiral's opining for the Lovie Smith days and Greg's self-fellatio, this thread is just my favorite place in the whole world.

Well, if I'm going to be called a "smug fan", I figure I may as well play the part.

BB52Big.jpg

Looks like the Bears ran out of time. They probably could've used, oh, I don't know...17 seconds.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

And I got to see Murray absolutely destroy an Eagles defensive tackle, which was awesome.

Man oh man did he absolutely truck him. I mean a GIF worthy truck. That was definitely a highlight of this game for me, especially since it ended in a loss. I wish Dallas remembered Murray was a player on this team sooner. They may have been in the playoffs long before this game ever came up.
11637165774_2e95ef0af8_o.gif

We seem to forget that we have an emerging superstar RB.

Also, in the draft this year, we need to draft another guard, then focus on the defense. DL, and safety. Jeff Heath, and JW Webb do not belong on an NFL field.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Funny thing is, that probably should have been a penalty on Murrray.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Well, if I'm going to be called a "smug fan", I figure I may as well play the part.

8fSZRan.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived