NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

Funny thing is, that probably should have been a penalty on Murrray.

I actually agree, kinda surprised it wasn't. Maybe the refs just realized that they shouldn't penalize a ball carrier who did that to a dude twice his size.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping for a Panthers/Chiefs title game. That'd be pretty badass.

We all know it's going to be Packers/Broncos and we'll all choke on the penises of Rodgers/Manning, as always.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

And I got to see Murray absolutely destroy an Eagles defensive tackle, which was awesome.

Man oh man did he absolutely truck him. I mean a GIF worthy truck. That was definitely a highlight of this game for me, especially since it ended in a loss. I wish Dallas remembered Murray was a player on this team sooner. They may have been in the playoffs long before this game ever came up.
11637165774_2e95ef0af8_o.gif

We seem to forget that we have an emerging superstar RB.

Also, in the draft this year, we need to draft another guard, then focus on the defense. DL, and safety. Jeff Heath, and JW Webb do not belong on an NFL field.

That can't last a full season, talk to the Raiders and see how that's going for them.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I'm not saying, but I'm just saying.

BcsULDfCAAEczOO.jpg

The laser line is unofficial it is an approximation of the first down marker, the refs chain are all that matters.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

BcsULDfCAAEczOO.jpg

The laser line is unofficial it is an approximation of the first down marker, the refs chain are all that matters.

He's talking about the number on the play clock.

PvO6ZWJ.png

BcsULDfCAAEczOO.jpg

I always found this to be pretty bizarre. There are situations where I frequently see the play clock go to "0," then the play commences without a penalty flag for delay of game.

IIRC, the rule is that the officials have to see then clock reach zero, THEN see the ball still not snapped.

Oh great. So that's the rule. You have to rely on someone in their 40s, 50s and 60s to have perfect eyesight for a flag to be thrown.

BcsULDfCAAEczOO.jpg

IIRC, the rule is that the officials have to see then clock reach zero, THEN see the ball still not snapped.

And here I thought he was referring to the golden lights on the field like it was divine intervention or something. B)

Anyway, NFL officials botch a play and end up screwing a team. In other news, Wednesday will follow Tuesday again this week.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Oh great. So that's the rule. You have to rely on someone in their 40s, 50s and 60s to have perfect eyesight for a flag to be thrown.

Short of RoboRefs I'm not sure what else they can do.

To all Packers fans, not (I don't think) including Greg, who feel like it's a clever idea to go to Bears subreddits/forums/etc and talk trash/humblebrag, I say unto thee:

0qe0Zvf.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

And I got to see Murray absolutely destroy an Eagles defensive tackle, which was awesome.

Man oh man did he absolutely truck him. I mean a GIF worthy truck. That was definitely a highlight of this game for me, especially since it ended in a loss. I wish Dallas remembered Murray was a player on this team sooner. They may have been in the playoffs long before this game ever came up.

Also, in the draft this year, we need to draft another guard, then focus on the defense. DL, and safety. Jeff Heath, and JW Webb do not belong on an NFL field.

That can't last a full season, talk to the Raiders and see how that's going for them.

You're still talking smack? Loved seeing the 'Skins end the season on an 8 game losing streak. But I digress, only Iggles' can talk any smack this year since they actually made the postseason.

Look, when's the last time McFadden led the league in yards per carry? (Murray's done it now twice in his three year career.) When's the last time he broke 1000 yards? The Raiders are my second team so I know his struggles and Murray is by far better than McFadden.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

To all Packers fans, not (I don't think) including Greg, who feel like it's a clever idea to go to Bears subreddits/forums/etc and talk trash/humblebrag

Sorry, that's not cool. Ever.

Indeed. I know Chicago fans are equally idiotic and due to years of losing have no sense of humility when victory occurs, myself included, but I expect more from Packers fans. They're pretty tolerable for the most part, as are Lions fans, but there's been a lot of Wisconsin buffoons reaching to remind Chicago sports media and social media that "this is where the Bears belong," etc. Cretins.

twitter

I hope the good Andy Dalton shows up this week.

... the game Sunday cracked me up. Phil Simms has to be one of the worst announcers in all of sports. For the whole first quarter he was dogging Dalton. Then when Cincy put Baltimore away he says, "Hey Cincinnati get use to it, Andy Dalton is going to be your Quarterback for a long time."

Yes Dalton broke a bunch of records this year in Cincy. But when the guy sucks, he sucks bad.

That was definitely a penalty but I loved it. I wish more players on that team played with such urgency.

BcsULDfCAAEczOO.jpg

I always found this to be pretty bizarre. There are situations where I frequently see the play clock go to "0," then the play commences without a penalty flag for delay of game.

It's because after that play clock reaches "0", it's really still counting down 0.9 seconds, 0.8 seconds, etc. You have almost a full second after the play clock reads zero. I didn't see that play, so I don't know whether the refs did a good job there or not.

Yeah, but with the way RBs come and go in the NFL now, he'll be in his prime for OTAs, have lost a step for mini-camp, be over the hill for training camp and out of football by Week 3.

Archived