NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's because the NFL is pricing out the people who usually sit in those seats. In Paul Brown Stadium upper deck sections are like $40 for a regular game, but in the playoffs you have to pay mandated prices. So the worst seats are $95 and up, which is a lot of money for a really bad seat.

PvO6ZWJ.png

It's because the NFL is pricing out the people who usually sit in those seats. In Paul Brown Stadium upper deck sections are like $40 for a regular game, but in the playoffs you have to

pay mandated prices. So the worst seats are $95 and up, which is a lot of money for a really bad seat.

Doesn't help the opponent is from far away and is not really sexy. Pittsburgh wouldve ate up the seats had they made it.

Also on ESPN.com it said there were 13K left to be sold in Green Bay. That's weird.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

It's because the NFL is pricing out the people who usually sit in those seats. In Paul Brown Stadium upper deck sections are like $40 for a regular game, but in the playoffs you have to pay mandated prices. So the worst seats are $95 and up, which is a lot of money for a really bad seat.

Not in most NFL cities. If regular tickets are $40, and playoff games can't sell out due to price, it sounds like Cincinnati may not have the prosperity needed to support an NFL team in 2013. In other cities, tickets were gone practically before they went on sale, at prices higher than anything you're mentioning.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm left to wonder what the anxiety levels are surrounding Bengals fans for this game.

I mean, the Bengals are prohibitive favorites, they're playing a team they beat on the road this year, now coming to their place, and the Bengals cleaned up in their home games this year.

Yet, of course, there's the simple fact that the Bengals have not won a playoff game since 1990, and that includes dropping home games in both 2005 and 2009 (hey, neat little four year cycle thing that I just as I was writing this).

Should make for some good intrigue.

spacer.png

It's because the NFL is pricing out the people who usually sit in those seats. In Paul Brown Stadium upper deck sections are like $40 for a regular game, but in the playoffs you have to

pay mandated prices. So the worst seats are $95 and up, which is a lot of money for a really bad seat.

Doesn't help the opponent is from far away and is not really sexy. Pittsburgh wouldve ate up the seats had they made it.

Also on ESPN.com it said there were 13K left to be sold in Green Bay. That's weird.

They'll sell those I'm sure. It all comes down to pricing though, they're probably just stupidly expensive.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I'm left to wonder what the anxiety levels are surrounding Bengals fans for this game.

I mean, the Bengals are prohibitive favorites, they're playing a team they beat on the road this year, now coming to their place, and the Bengals cleaned up in their home games this year.

Yet, of course, there's the simple fact that the Bengals have not won a playoff game since 1990, and that includes dropping home games in both 2005 and 2009 (hey, neat little four year cycle thing that I just as I was writing this).

San Diego's defense is weak. (K.C.'s JV team showed us that) The Bengals scored over 40 in what, 4 of their last 5 home games or something like that this season? Not to mention they're 8-0 at home. They gotta put one in the playoff win column this time, right? Then again, this is the Chargers we're talking about here. They have on occasion won a game no one thought they'd win.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

I find the whole Aaron Rodgers being gay story kinda funny. It's odd that it comes out (yeah no pun intended) right after they beat the Bears and clinch a playoffs spot.

Anyone ever think that this might have been started by a disgruntled Bears fan who is just pissed that their team didn't make it?

Even if he is, who really cares? He's a good football player and that is what he is paid to do.

I find the whole Aaron Rodgers being gay story kinda funny.

Even if he is, who really cares? He's a good football player and that is what he is paid to do.

Exactly. Honestly, I hope it's true and that he does come out. A player of his stature coming out would do wonders for the cause...issue...whatever we're calling it.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Anyone ever think that this might have been started by a disgruntled Bears fan who is just pissed that their team didn't make it?

That was my first thought myself, honestly.

Exactly. It shouldn't matter, and no one should care. If this turns out to be true, though, you'll have people trying to cover up their bigotry with "why are we even talking about this?" Which always struck me as code for "why can't those people just stay in the closet?"

Maybe it's apathy setting in for Bengals fans. At this point in time, a playoff appearance under Marvin Lewis is expected, but then again, Cincinnati people expect the predictable 1st game playoff flameout. I think for some people, advancing past the Wildcard round will be somewhat of a surprise, but if they do, expect a standing-room crown for the AFC title game (the only other home game they can get, since they go either to Denver or Foxboro for the Divisional round).

I find the whole Aaron Rodgers being gay story kinda funny. It's odd that it comes out (yeah no pun intended) right after they beat the Bears and clinch a playoffs spot.

Chris Culliver. Who Rodgers happens to be playing next week.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Even if their season ends a week later in Seattle, would love for the Saints to get two monkeys off their backs in Philly (can't win on the road in the playoffs/in cold weather). I hope, but don't believe, that N.O. will run the ball a lot. IMO they should design formations with Ingram and either Sproles or Thomas on the field at the same time. Make the Eagles defend the pounding run, Sproles outside or Thomas on screens, and play-action all at the same time.

One key to the game will be TOP. Saints were top-3 in the league in time of possession this season. Dead last? None other than the Philadelphia Eagles. I hope the Saints can 1) keep the Eagles' offense on the sidelines for much of this game and 2) make them work hard for every score.

On Murray's pancaking of the Eagle DT, has that penalty even been called once this year? BTW I disagree that he should have been penalized, looked like he lowered his shoulder to me.

Atrocious officiating all over Sunday. For the Chiefs (and by extension the Steelers) to get hosed twice in the same game (FG penalty, fake punt fumble) is unbelievable and the whole play clock mess in Dallas...good grief.

Here's how I hope things go in the playoffs (i.e. through my black-and-gold-colored glasses):

Saints over Philly

GB/SF - don't care (in a vacuum, would rather Saints play Packers if necessary but potential weather makes it just about a wash vs. playing 49ers)

Saints over Seattle << riiiiight (but hey, it could happen)

Panthers over Niners or Packers (Saints have better chance at Carolina than at SF or GB)

Saints over Panthers

AFC: Don't really care at the moment.

If the Saints are eliminated - even by Seattle - I'll likely be rooting for the Seahawks to go all the way. I love the city (almost moved there in '98),. really like Russell Wilson, admire what Pete Carroll has put together up there, and their fans have waited a long, long time (and kinda got jobbed in the SB last time).

For those of you who like weird stuff in NFL games, the Bucs started the 2nd half last by taking 13 plays and 8 minutes, 25 seconds to go 44 yards and kick a FG.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Not in most NFL cities. If regular tickets are $40, and playoff games can't sell out due to price, it sounds like Cincinnati may not have the prosperity needed to support an NFL team in 2013. In other cities, tickets were gone practically before they went on sale, at prices higher than anything you're mentioning.

Partially. This problem is not exclusive to Cincinnati. Green Bay and Indianapolis have unsold tickets as well. But If a 32 team nfl started today there's no way Cincinnati would get a team, but Ticket prices are just one small factor. There's also:

- some people (people with money) flat out refuse to buy Bengals season tickets because Mike Brown is a Scrooge of an owner and provides almost no incentive to purchasing season tickets. Meanwhile the Reds treat their season tickets holders like gold. After 2010 a ton of bengals season ticket holders jumped ship and haven't come back. Baseball gets you far more bang for your buck as well so if a family has to choose between reds tickets or bengals tickets overwhelmingly they're taking reds tickets.

- the great season ticket exodus of 2010 came after the team went 4-12 and at one point lost 10 straight games. Carson Palmer was feuding with the team, TO and Ochocinco were cancers, and there was no hope for the franchise moving forward. That they've made the playoffs the three years coming out of that is remarkable. That season was very damaging though in that people realized you can get individual game tickets for cheaper off third party suppliers, and you don't have to pay for games you don't want. That also means though that the bengals have to sell a :censored:load of individual seats for every game which is why they sometimes flirt with blackouts. Important note: They've sold out very game this season.

- the city still doesn't trust the Bengals. This is only our third home playoff game since 1990 and the other two weren't fun at all. People still don't believe this team is for real. The bengals have been so bad for so long that they're not viewed as a good investment when it comes to entertainment dollars. A playoff win would go a long way to getting people back in the stadium. I don't want to think about how things will be next season if they lose again. This one game is far more important for the city than it appears on the surface from an outsider's perspective.

There's a few other reasons I wanted to get to but I'm in phone and I don't want to keep typing.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'm sure you know why the Eagles would rank towards the bottom in TOP. I absolutely love the efficiency of that Eagles offense. Chip Kelly is such a good fit as a head coach with his system because (funny how this works, Dallas) that is a team that has the players through which his system can thrive. Of course, it was thought Michael Vick would be the QB for that, but Foles is more mobile than anyone ever thought and he's also a very smart guy; 27:2 TD:INT ratios are unsustainable but the ability to limit turnovers in general is not.

I know Riley Cooper likely would not have emerged if this were the case, but I can't help but wonder how much more dynamic the Eagles offense would be if Maclin weren't out for the season.

spacer.png

@ Kramerica, yes, that's why I said the Saints will have to make them work for every score. I'm pretty worried because as well as the Saints' D has played, they have a lot of injuries. It's pretty rare that I see a guy in a Saints uni in a regular season game and go, "Who the hell is that?" but I did against Carolina when some guy named Trevin Wade came in to play DB.

Meant to comment on the Aaron Rodgers rumor. I couldn't care less what his or anyone else's orientation is. People cannot be judged on superficial things like gender, skin color, etc., only by who they are as individuals.

About the rumor itself, the "more seasoned" members of the board will surely remember that this same insinuation followed another very prominent NFC quarterback for a good chunk of his career in the '90s.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived