NASL Jax Placeholder Logo

Island_Style

It's a good scheme and might be a reference to the Tea Men. The only thing I don't really like is that the Strikers and Rowdies also use yellow.

My first thought too. I like the colors but wouldn't mind if it ended up something different for that reason.

EDIT: I guess you could argue it is orange more than yellow.

The flag makes sense once one understands that the silhouette is that of Andrew Jackson, for whom Jacksonville is named...there's also a bronze statue of him somewhere in downtown, I believe (I think it's still there anyway, but I ain't been through there in years). The orange and yellow? Well, orange is Florida's state color, and I'd presume the yellow is indicative of sunrays...something about about a bright future if I remember right.

(Not that this matters at all, but I always found it funny how there were two parts of the city named Orange Park and Mandarin. Also, again, not that this has anything at all to do with the point of this thread, but since we're discussing this equestrian-esque thing here, for a little bit of sidebar education I recommend y'all read up on the history of the Florida Crackers [and no, not THAT kind, either]; all I'll say is some folks out in Texas may be a wee bit disappointed to find out one of their state's most well-known icons didn't exactly originate there. ;) )

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

For a placeholder, not bad at all. Can't wait for this team to start playing. Speaking of, does anybody know what stadium they'll be playing in?

Hodges Stadium at UNF makes the most sense. The Jags stadium would just be too large for NASL levels.

HodgesStadium_0.jpg

The flag makes sense once one understands...

Nope. Still a silly flag. Too many symbols, too haphazardly placed.

I agree. Look at Washington D.C. and Chicago for examples of how to do a city flag properly.

z9e0rqit393ojiizsemd0t1hx.gif74937881997.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)North Carolina Tar Heels (2015 - Pres)

For a placeholder, not bad at all. Can't wait for this team to start playing. Speaking of, does anybody know what stadium they'll be playing in?

Hodges Stadium at UNF makes the most sense. The Jags stadium would just be too large for NASL levels.

HodgesStadium_0.jpg

I'd think they'd want a stadium where they can separate fans. Orlando's fans have a nasty reputation in NASL.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

HodgesStadium_0.jpg

I'd think they'd want a stadium where they can separate fans. Orlando's fans have a nasty reputation in NASL.

Except Orlando isn't in the NASL. They'd only meet in friendlies or US Open Cup games, both possibilities but not guarantees.

Archived