2013/14 International Football Thread

Just ah... leaving this here:

10006256_715680288490889_701220787_n.jpg

Ah yet again Spuds are speaking out of their assets. I know we Gunners have had a hard run of late but the Spuds are just getting rubbed over and through by every club in the top half of the table. How can a club be still in fifth place with a -4 GD ? Questionable defense, no goal scoring prowess up front, and a manager who has lost the plot...I believe he has lost the locker room after his comments on Sunday

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huge wins today by the Gunners and Reds today moving them up the table and closer to Chelsea. But what a strike by Rosicky today. That definitely has to be goal of the round!

Liverpool winning isn't the most exciting thing in the world, but it keet our tedious Europa League spot in hand.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Europa League qualification from the Premier League finishing places this season will be for the teams who finish 5th and 6th as the FA Cup winner or runner up will take a Europa League place and Man City won the League Cup. It is looking like a 95+% chance of being 2 out of Tottenham, Manchester United and Everton who will take 5th and 6th. You could say Saints and Toon are in the fold too but they are less likely.

Of course, both United and Spurs can qualify for Europe by winning the competitions they are in this year but both teams have to overturn 2 goal defecits in the second leg matches this week.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Europa League qualification from the Premier League finishing places this season will be for the teams who finish 5th and 6th as the FA Cup winner or runner up will take a Europa League place and Man City won the League Cup. It is looking like a 95+% chance of being 2 out of Tottenham, Manchester United and Everton who will take 5th and 6th. You could say Saints and Toon are in the fold too but they are less likely.

Of course, both United and Spurs can qualify for Europe by winning the competitions they are in this year but both teams have to overturn 2 goal defecits in the second leg matches this week.

I don't see Spurs over turning that two goal deficit at Benfica. Estadio da Luz is such a hard place to play at, for even clubs to get their footing in the first place. Benfica has been a dominant force in European football over the many years. As for United, they have a chance to over turn their two goal deficit at Old Trafford but even if they do progress past Olympiacos, there are too many stronger clubs ahead of them. I don't see United winning the Champions League.

I don't see Spurs over turning that two goal deficit at Benfica. Estadio da Luz is such a hard place to play at, for even clubs to get their footing in the first place.

Especially considering we have to score at least 3 since a 2-0 win would put us out on away goals. Monumentous task but you just have to hope for something special in these circumstances.

I realize this article is about a month old, but I hadn't heard any of the rumours about Vince McMahon possibly buying Newcastle United until today. Any CCSLCers across the pond heard if any progress has been made on this?

Not heard anything on this since the original story broke. One of my friends is a Newcastle fan so I keep fairly up to date with them through him.

As far as I am aware it was nothing more than a rumour/had no real evidence to suggest it was a true story - sadly.

I realize this article is about a month old, but I hadn't heard any of the rumours about Vince McMahon possibly buying Newcastle United until today. Any CCSLCers across the pond heard if any progress has been made on this?

Not heard anything on this since the original story broke. One of my friends is a Newcastle fan so I keep fairly up to date with them through him.

As far as I am aware it was nothing more than a rumour/had no real evidence to suggest it was a true story - sadly.

Well if someone with deep pockets would come in to buy Newcastle off Mike Ashley, Vince McMahon would be the one. His deep pockets would help lift the Toon back up, not per say Man City but a nice healthy influx of funds for players and staff. And maybe finally be able to buy out Pardew's contract :P

We ain't beating Olympiakos. Good news is, Moyes is close to being gone, now we need a world-class manager instead of an Everton hack!

Notes is not going anywhere. He is safe for at least another full season. And I want to welcome all United supporters to the true world of being a supporter. Not everything is handed to you on a silver platter. It's earned not bought. ;) I love hearing all the United supporters complaining about their club on 606. It makes me laugh....

Notes is not going anywhere. He is safe for at least another full season

Not after United gets embarrassed by Olympiakos and Manchester City!

And I want to welcome all United supporters to the true world of being a supporter. Not everything is handed to you on a silver platter. It's earned not bought. ;) I love hearing all the United supporters complaining about their club on 606. It makes me laugh....

1 season and everybody freaks out, after dominating in the 20 seasons before, and when Manchester United rebounds, this 1 season will be forgotten, I'm not worried.. but if Moyes sticks around, then I'll worry (kinda)

The hatred for United by Chelsea/Arsenal/City/Liverpool etc. fans is because everyone is jealous of our success and that we're one of if not THE most lovable club in football/soccer! Just sayin'

There is no actual hatred just the normal banter between supporters. But I just find it funny that United supporters are finally experiencing what we normal supporters experience every season. It wasn't even two months into the season and United supporters are already calling for Moyes head. How long did it take for Ferguson to win his first piece of silverware, the League Cup, at United? 5 or 6 years.

There is no actual hatred just the normal banter between supporters. But I just find it funny that United supporters are finally experiencing what we normal supporters experience every season. It wasn't even two months into the season and United supporters are already calling for Moyes head. How long did it take for Ferguson to win his first piece of silverware, the League Cup, at United? 5 or 6 years.

You cannot be making that connection, Ferguson took a team that was almost at the stage of relegation after its previous manager had been sacked; Moyes took a team that had just won the League and turned into a 7th place team that has trouble showing any consistency at all. And not to mention that Fergie only left because he retired on a high.

Also, Moyes is clearly not capable of handling this team with the skill it has, he's destroyed and misused a couple of players, like Kagawa, and has brought in more that have been one hits or flashes in the pan like Fellaini. Not to mention he refuses to drop all the dead weight from his team.

Yes RVP and Rooney were injured at one point, but they've still had many poor showings with them both fit and in the lineup.

That's probably the third time I've seen you make that "6 years without a trophy connection." Stop it.

You cannot be making that connection, Ferguson took a team that was almost at the stage of relegation after its previous manager had been sacked; Moyes took a team that had just won the League and turned into a 7th place team that has trouble showing any consistency at all. And not to mention that Fergie only left because he retired on a high.

Also, Moyes is clearly not capable of handling this team with the skill it has, he's destroyed and misused a couple of players, like Kagawa, and has brought in more that have been one hits or flashes in the pan like Fellaini. Not to mention he refuses to drop all the dead weight from his team.

Yes RVP and Rooney were injured at one point, but they've still had many poor showings with them both fit and in the lineup.

That's probably the third time I've seen you make that "6 years without a trophy connection." Stop it.

Yes Moyes has been fielding a lot of useless players in his First Team this past season. I agree with you that the lack of playing a talent like Kagawa has hurt United. He is a proven good midfielder and deserves to showcase his talent which was evident when he played for Dortmund. Fellani and Nani have not performed close to any expectations of that of a United player. Don't know why Nani got a new 5 year deal. Cleverly and Smalling are two individuals that needs to be sent on loan to hone their skills. And with that, Moyes has never looked at replacing any CBs for the injury prone Vidic and aging Ferdinand.

Sorry if I hit a nerve with these comments. All I was looking for was some good football conversation. As an Arsenal supporter, I take a lot on chin with what my club has gone through over the years. Yes we haven't won a trophy in 8 years. But in time my club will bounce back. It's evitable that all clubs make rebounds. If you are a true Man United supporter, then a little criticism and some banter shouldn't make you totally fly off the handle.

Don't worry, he's just trash talking knowing that their suckage won't last long and Manchester United will eventually go back to dominance as usual when next season comes!

And no I am not trash talking. I agree with you. Man United will eventually be back in a position of dominance. But they will have to contend with clubs like Man City, Chelsea (both are getting stronger and stronger with each transfer window passing), Liverpool and Arsenal.

Don't worry, he's just trash talking knowing that their suckage won't last long and Manchester United will eventually go back to dominance as usual when next season comes!

What the hell is fun about being a Manchester United supporter? I don't get it. You lot expect a championship every year and when you're finishing outside the top six, it's like the end of the world.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived