2013/14 International Football Thread

There was an Everton player in a recent FA Cup match against Stevenage (name slips my mind, but he is a Costa Rican national) who suffered a compound fracture. Apparently the injury is so gruesome that I haven't even considered watching it; at some point in recent years, my ability to watch grotesque stuff withered away, not that I'm about to complain about that.

Of course, in the case of Aaron Ramsey, it's only been this season where he seems to have finally returned to form since the broken leg, but now he's been out because of another leg injury instead, and been out for a few months now. Jeez.

Yeah, Brian Oviedo, he was supposed to be a great player for my fantasy team. But it was hard to watch that [or any] player to go down with an injury like that.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arsenal v Everton was actually an FA Cup game

Yes, I know that. But ManU's win ties us (Everton) in points, and builds on their previous GD advantage.

http://espnfc.com/tables/_/league/eng.1/english-premier-league?cc=5901

Yes, but Everton has a game in hand over Man U as well, and they really only fell that far because they didn't even have a striker for over a month. It'll flip back.

I just looked at the English Premier League table

1st Chelsea - 66 pts, GD +34

2nd Liverpool - 59 pts, +38

3rd Arsenal - 59 pts, +24

4th Manchester City - 57 pts, +42

and 5th there's Tottenham - 53pts GD, ZERO,

That's what happens when they lose

to Chelsea 4-0 (today)

to Manchester City 5-1 and 6-0

to Liverpool 5-0

I saw, I came, I left.

The last 25 games of Bayern Munich. This isn't fun anymore.

wunu6u.jpg

Bayern Munich is insane.

I thought the SPL was unfair with Celtic basically dominating everything but they have actually tasted defeat in league play and annually get exposed as a big fish in a small pond in Europe.

There is no doubt in my mind that Bayern is the best team in the world. This year's MLS All-Star Game is gonna be a doozy....

Oh boy...

I just hope MLS doesn't engage in the trash talk like they did last year against Roma.

BQYLh0tCIAEBP4U.jpg

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/mls-stars-pre-match-trash-talk-backfires-3-041636932.html

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

The last 25 games of Bayern Munich. This isn't fun anymore.

wunu6u.jpg

Bayern Munich is insane.

I thought the SPL was unfair with Celtic basically dominating everything but they have actually tasted defeat in league play and annually get exposed as a big fish in a small pond in Europe.

It will interesting to see how many points they end up at the end of the season, which is only 34 games. They might not lose at all.

I saw, I came, I left.

Amazed at how fast Fulham has fallen off the face of the earth. Fulham was a solid mid-table club 2-3 years ago when they had Dempsey in full form. After Dempsey left, the club just kinda fell apart. Jol changed his style of attack and got himself fired, the new manager has no idea what he's doing.

Watching the Cardiff City Fulham game was just shocking. I haven't been watching too many Fulham games but I am just amazed at how fast this club has gone into the :censored:ter.

I still remember a late winner that Fulham scored against Arsenal a few years back. Bobby Zamora I believe. I was a "on the fence" Fulham fan for a few years previously to that moment, but completely jumped on the bandwagon after that. Sad to see what has become of them.

With that loss today, Fulham is destined to be relegated. If they can't beat Cardiff, they don't have a hope or prayer. Fulham supporters are starting to reside in the fact that they will playing in The Championship next year. They will have the parachute payment but most clubs that get relegated won't be competitive for promotion (automatic or play-off spot) for two to three years.

Archived