2013/14 International Football Thread

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am just reveling in the fact all the plastic glory hunting Man Utd supporters are crying that their 7th in BPL, knocked out of the FA Cup and League Cup plus 90 minutes away from being knocked out of Europe. They are wanting Moyes out now (only seven months in charge...took Ferguson six years to win his first trophy)...now United supporters know what a real supporter goes year in, year out. Even funnier listening to BBC 5 Live and 606. Keep it going Moyes and the newly overpaid Rooney!

I'm actually gutted with that 1 nil loss by the Gunners to Stoke City yesterday. Yet again, the boys barely put a boot in the entire match. They got bullied the entire match by Shawcross, Walters and the Mean Machine gang (movie reference). Rosicky and Cazorla the only two with real passion out there on the pitch. Wenger should have bought a few players in the January transfer window, not just a broken back player on loan...

I'm no expert here, but if it was the guy in yellow that had his leg broken, then it's pretty remarkable that he actually got right back up after that.

And while the guy that did tackle him stayed down.

It's actually the guy in yellow who made the bad tackle. I know the guy in red is sliding on the ground, however the guy in yellow comes in and makes a similar but worse challenge to the one the guy in black is making here:

anichebe_1839879c.jpg

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

There are too many players coming in with over rash tackles of late. Yes I know football is a contact sport and that's one reason why I love the beautiful game. But players aren't using their heads when they decide to tackle someone due to poor timing and overzealous momentum. Unfortunately there have been a rise in leg breaks in the last 4-5 years. Of course the worse leg break I've ever seen in a football match was Aaron Ramsey's ..

There was an Everton player in a recent FA Cup match against Stevenage (name slips my mind, but he is a Costa Rican national) who suffered a compound fracture. Apparently the injury is so gruesome that I haven't even considered watching it; at some point in recent years, my ability to watch grotesque stuff withered away, not that I'm about to complain about that.

Of course, in the case of Aaron Ramsey, it's only been this season where he seems to have finally returned to form since the broken leg, but now he's been out because of another leg injury instead, and been out for a few months now. Jeez.

spacer.png

Archived