2013/14 International Football Thread

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still think he is doing it to create publicity for the club and is not actually going to change the name. Infuriating for fans but hey ho.

If it wasn't for this, Hull would not have made the news once this season.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

I still think he is doing it to create publicity for the club and is not actually going to change the name. Infuriating for fans but hey ho.

If it is a stunt it's a very elaborate and expensive one - signage has been changed at the ground and club facilities to show the owner's preferred names and crests, the old crest is nowhere to be seen. Additionally, new stock arriving at the club shop in time for Christmas is also sporting the revised moniker.

If it wasn't for this, Hull would not have made the news once this season.

And that's generally how I prefer it...

Meanwhile, in other news - spot fixing is going on all over the shop, it seems. Ian Goodison, how you disappoint me.

Well, if it is a cunning bluff on the owners part I'm sure he'd stop short of formally applying to the FA to change the club's playing name. I mention this because that's exactly what has happened today.

It's down to the suits at Wembley now, which makes me feel decidedly queasy.

I'm a bit surprised to see Everton at #5, I was hoping for a top 10 finish this season, but 5th is a bit of a pleasure right now. Hopefully we can keep this up and get into Europa League this year, that would be a pleasure.

And beating ManU again wouldn't hurt...

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I'm a bit surprised to see Everton at #5, I was hoping for a top 10 finish this season, but 5th is a bit of a pleasure right now. Hopefully we can keep this up and get into Europa League this year, that would be a pleasure.

And beating ManU again wouldn't hurt...

Well, they did finish sixth last season, they have the beast Lukaku upfront for this season and Man U is piling crap right now, so 5th for Everton looks about right for their team.

Well Man City is by far the best team in the premiership. They just destroyed the Gunners. Meanwhile my Blues are a dumpster fire in the back and they were lucky to take 3 points from Crystal Palace at Stamford Bridge. They will not contend for the title. Hopefully they will finish in the top 4.

Uhh, mate, your team is 2 points adrift from the leaders and you haven't played your best football yet. I'd be shocked if Chelsea don't still have a shot at the title come April.

I understand that they are close to the top of the table but I'm still not confident that the defense will hold up.

Uhh, mate, your team is 2 points adrift from the leaders and you haven't played your best football yet. I'd be shocked if Chelsea don't still have a shot at the title come April.

I understand that they are close to the top of the table but I'm still not confident that the defense will hold up.

Just gotta keep players fresh and healthy at this point of the season and stay within touching distance of the top. Plenty of time to come into form and improve on defensive records before it gets down to the nitty gritty.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Seriously, a loss to Sunderland? The past four games have not been Chelsea's best.

We need an actual (not a 32 year old) striker and a suitable partner for Ramires.

Also, as much as I like him, Azpilicueta should not be starting every game.

Maybe we should have an HFBoards style dream transfer convo.

Hull fans, you do not have the worst owner in the league:

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/267715.html

Vincent Tan has already done the screwing the club's history thing, now he's trying to get his Jerry Jones on and run EVERYTHING about the team

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Hull fans, you do not have the worst owner in the league:

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/267715.html

Vincent Tan has already done the screwing the club's history thing, now he's trying to get his Jerry Jones on and run EVERYTHING about the team

A memorable final day of last season saw us celebrating automatic promotion with Cardiff fans. That all seems a very, very long time ago now.

So the first half of this Everton game [as it usually is] was crap, but the second, wow...

Two legitimate goal of the year contenders right there.

I'd also like to point out that the photos on Ross Barkley's wikipedia page have been replaced with pictures of trees.

Edit: Say hello to the Euro league Chelsea, I don't think Everton's gonna mess up at all this campaign.

It's Roberto Martinez. He'll find a way.

/The reason that clubs like Chelsea routinely finish ahead of Everton is that they have a deeper squad. See a couple of guys go down to injury for Everton and they struggle much more than Chelsea.

Also, Chelsea haven't played near their best football and still sit with a chance to win the title. I'd be shocked if they aren't in the Champions League.

6fQjS3M.png

/The reason that clubs like Chelsea routinely finish ahead of Everton is that they have a deeper squad. See a couple of guys go down to injury for Everton and they struggle much more than Chelsea

Like Baines, Kone, and Deulofeu? That team's good.

I watched the first few minutes of the Arsenal-Chelsea match and smartly switched it off after that. Not only do I despise both of those clubs, but the game promised to feature sloppiness and lack goals from the very beginning. I'm not at all surprised to see that it has ended 0-0.

25yzwqg.png

Archived