2013/14 International Football Thread

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope, wrong answer.

Pot 1 has the host and the other seven top teams. After that, it's based on geography.

The prevailing theory is that the CONCACAF (4) and AFC (4) teams will be put into a pot together; the best eight non-seeded UEFA teams will be in another pot; and the non-seeded CONMEBOL (2: Chile and Ecuador) and CAF (5) teams will be together along with the lowest-ranked remaining UEFA team: France. France can't be drawn into a group with a UEFA seed; Chile and Ecuador can't be drawn into a group with a seed from CONMEBOL.

This simulator echoes that theory. The chances of a terrible draw for the US are pretty high. My ultimate nightmare scenario would be Brazil, Ghana, and Italy.

And to the surprise of no-one, FIFA decides to make life easier for France. The team that will be in the CONMEBOL+CAF pot will be drawn randomly from the Europeans. We could have a group like Brazil/Argentina, Italy, Netherlands, USA.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Yeah, I see almost no realistic scenario where we aren't :censored: ed.

Well, at least all the games will be on at a reasonable hour?

Considering eastern Brazil is two hours ahead of our Eastern time zone, I'm guessing most day games will be around 11:00 EST and most night games will be around 5:30 EST.

25yzwqg.png

Newcastle takes down ManU, first win there in 41 years.

As a Liverpool supporter, I'm loving Manchester United's position on the table right now.

As a Chelsea supporter, I'm hating Stoke's position on the table right now.

Newcastle takes down ManU, first win there in 41 years.

As a Liverpool supporter, I'm loving Manchester United's position on the table right now.

As a Chelsea supporter, I'm hating Stoke's position on the table right now.

As an Arsenal supporter, it's been nice to look down upon all of you for much of the season.

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

Archived