2013/14 International Football Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next up in the 4th round of the Capital One Cup is Tottenham vs Hull.

aka marble21 vs Jaffa.

Full draw for anybody interested:

Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City

Newcastle United v Manchester City

Burnley v West Ham United

Arsenal v Chelsea

Birmingham City v Stoke City

Manchester United v Norwich City

Sunderland v Southampton

Leicester City v Fulham

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Next up in the 4th round of the Capital One Cup is Tottenham vs Hull.

aka marble21 vs Jaffa.

Mere days after the exact same fixture takes place in the league - gotta love Cup draws.

It's worth noting that this is the first time in 36 years we've made the Fourth Round - normally by this point we've long been knocked out after an inept display against a League Two side, so we're well and truly into the realms of the unknown here.

Well at this stage, there's one game until the quarters, then two in the semi. So every team is now 4 games away from the final. Not quite touching distance.

Spurs' fixture list is heavily congested around that time, so don't expect a strong team to be put out. Saying that, we made 8 changes for the Villa game and still cruised to a 4-0 victory.

We've put out teams of kids and stiffs in the last couple of rounds, but now we've progressed a bit and the calibre of opposition has increased we might field a better side. Who knows, Tom Huddlestone and his tremendous afro may even make an appearance.

We've put out teams of kids and stiffs in the last couple of rounds, but now we've progressed a bit and the calibre of opposition has increased we might field a better side. Who knows, Tom Huddlestone and his tremendous afro may even make an appearance.

Any idea if Livermore is eligible or even likely to feature if he is?

Any idea if Livermore is eligible or even likely to feature if he is?

He certainly can't play in the league fixture, but I don't know about the Cup - even if the rules allow it there may be a clause in the loan deal preventing him from playing.

He's been playing though, so if we field something resembling a first team he may well feature if permitted.

Well at this stage, there's one game until the quarters, then two in the semi. So every team is now 4 games away from the final. Not quite touching distance.

Spurs' fixture list is heavily congested around that time, so don't expect a strong team to be put out. Saying that, we made 8 changes for the Villa game and still cruised to a 4-0 victory.

Then again, it might've been a different game if pulling down a player's shorts in the penalty area was a foul... ^_^

6fQjS3M.png

I adopted Arsenal as my favorite English side seven years ago. Unless I'm mistaken, they've never been on top of the BPL table for two straight weeks in that entire span.

Until now.

Pretty sure the "young guns" lead from September to February in 07-08...which would have been your second season with the team

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

Archived