2013/14 International Football Thread

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first Cup Final in my club's 110 year history?

Aye, go on then.

I can't for the Final today...been so looking forward to it. When are you heading to London Jaffa? This is going to be such a good match!
On our way now. The M62 is full of cars and buses sporting our favours, it's a magnificent sight to behold.

The pressure on Wenger to get the loony goons a trophy will be immense today. If he fails then he knows the fans will turn massively against him. If any other club that pretends it is a big club had this long without a trophy he would of gone ages ago.

Here's wishing Hull all the best and to think this time last year no one gave Wigan a chance. Would like to see Huddlestone and Livermore get on the scoresheet today as well.

glory10.png

Hella game, hella win for the Gunners. Hull played themselves out too quickly and looked gassed after full time, while Wenger saved some of Arsenal's biggest guns for OT subs. Well played indeed.

CCSLC signature.png

What a FA Cup Final. The magic of the FA Cup is still alive. Amazing start by Hull but Arsenal's talent and fight back proved decisive. Cazorla had an amazing free kick goal, Koscielny put his body on the line for the second goal, and Ramsey was Mr clutch as always this season. Great day for my club. I would take an FA Cup Final win over a fourth place trophy any year.

One Nil to the Arsenal!

Hella game, hella win for the Gunners. Hull played themselves out too quickly and looked gassed after full time, while Wenger saved some of Arsenal's biggest guns for OT subs. Well played indeed.

A worry of mine pre-match was that as Arsenal would most likely have the lion's share of possession we'd spend a lot of time chasing, and fatigue could be a problem for us. So it came to pass. But the lads gave everything and can't be faulted one bit.

It was hot and stifling enough in the stands, I can't imagine having to try and play football for 120 minutes in those conditions.

Anyway, an abiding memory for me of the final will be being kissed by a random woman when Curtis scored our second. I've still got it, guys. ;)

A worry of mine pre-match was that as Arsenal would most likely have the lion's share of possession we'd spend a lot of time chasing, and fatigue could be a problem for us. So it came to pass. But the lads gave everything and can't be faulted one bit.

It was hot and stifling enough in the stands, I can't imagine having to try and play football for 120 minutes in those conditions.

Anyway, an abiding memory for me of the final will be being kissed by a random woman when Curtis scored our second. I've still got it, guys. ;)

So this random woman who kissed you...describe her: younger or older than you? looks? Lucky you mate! People do some amazing things when adrenaline is flowing :P

Really looking forward to the Champions League final. I really hope Atletico win it. After winning La Liga they must be full of confidence they can top Real.

glory10.png

Archived