2013/14 International Football Thread

Really looking forward to the Champions League final. I really hope Atletico win it. After winning La Liga they must be full of confidence they can top Real.

Unfortunately, Costa will be missing the Final due to injury he picked up on the weekend v Barcelona. That will be a big loss for Atletico.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't really decide who I'm cheering for. I'm watching with my sister who just got back from a semester in Madrid where she lived in a house full of huge Real fans. But I've found myself pulling for Atletico at times throughout the game. Hopefully it ends before PKs.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Oh, poor Atleitco Madrid. Allowing the tying goal in the UEFA Champions League Final during stoppage time. Such a soul-sucking moment...for the moment.

Extra-time awaits from Lisbon...

They were under siege for almost the entirety of the second half. I was going to be surprised if it had stayed 1-0. It was almost inevitable. Real could have had three or four goals.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

And one more for Real, and this one is done.

And a PK for Ronaldo, and now we're realllllyyyyyy done.

Champions League goes to Real Madrid.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Oh, poor Atleitco Madrid. Allowing the tying goal in the UEFA Champions League Final during stoppage time. Such a soul-sucking moment...for the moment.

Extra-time awaits from Lisbon...

Any other team would've given up 4-5 goals then, they were going to break eventually, I'm surprised they lasted as long as they did. Juanfran's injury killed Atletico in the end, that Bale goal doesn't happen if he makes that tackle, they were playing practically with 10 men.

I was really pulling for Atletico just to see a fresh face at the top, but congratulations to Real anyway.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

So pleased for Bale. It was a pleasure watching him when he was at Tottenham. He perhaps did not have his best game but popped up when it mattered.

A part of me feels sorry for Atletico as they finally knocked the big two off thier perch in La Liga but in the end Real show their class in the big one.

glory10.png

Money well spent...

And Gus Johnson still needs to polish up his soccer-announcing skills before FOX broadcasts Russia 2018.

Gus Johnson should have never gotten involved in football commentary. He should have stayed in American football. It was atrocious to listen to him commentate the first 5 minutes of the match, I had to switch to Sportsnet where Martin Tyler and Gary Neville were the commentating team. Now those two are more informative and have a stronger chemistry/commentating skill set that those two idiots on Fox....

In the Scottish play off Hibernian lose on penalties to Hamilton Academical. This means both Edinburgh clubs are relegated from the Scottish Premier League to the Scottish Championship after Heart of Midlothian were deducted points at the start of the season for going into recievership. This means the Scottish capital will have a derby game next season in a lower tier for the first time in Scottish history.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/27569437

glory10.png

In the Scottish play off Hibernian lose on penalties to Hamilton Academical. This means both Edinburgh clubs are relegated from the Scottish Premier League to the Scottish Championship after Heart of Midlothian were deducted points at the start of the season for going into recievership. This means the Scottish capital will have a derby game next season in a lower tier for the first time in Scottish history.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/27569437

But just wait til 2014/15 season of the SPFL Championship Division with Rangers, Hearts and Hibs playing. Two of those three clubs battling for two promotion spots to the Scottish Premiership. One through a direct promotion based on winning the division and the other berth through the Play-Off Final...I think the Scottish Championship will be more interesting to watch than the Scottish Premiership. Top match in Premiership next season will be Celtic v Aberdeen. I have my money on Rangers and Hearts.

Happy that Ronaldo got another European Cup.

Gus Johnson is way too over the top for a sport like soccer/football. He needs to stick to American football and basketball. Could you imagine this guy calling baseball games?

LOL You obviously never heard Latin American/Spanish announcers then. Oh wait, I forgot it's only good when they do it. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

Happy that Ronaldo got another European Cup.

Gus Johnson is way too over the top for a sport like soccer/football. He needs to stick to American football and basketball. Could you imagine this guy calling baseball games?

LOL You obviously never heard Latin American/Spanish announcers then. Oh wait, I forgot it's only good when they do it. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

They just make me laugh.

Archived