MLB Ballparks that need more stalls in their bathrooms

In 2011 my wife and I attended the World Series in Arlington and it was Bizarro World. For the first time in my life at an event, the men's restroom had a long line stretching out the door while there were no lines for the women's room.

noutep2-med.gifnmst2-med.gifnmst1-med.gifnonmex-med.gif

Go Aggies!

I have no opposition to improving the bathrooms and much of the grandstand. I just don't think it's hard or as jumbotron-necessitating as the Cubs are making it out to be.

As for the piss troughs, I've been to plenty of live events, sporting and otherwise, without needing to use the bathrooms. I don't know if I'm particularly disciplined, congenitally big-bladdered, or what, but I've never devoted considerable thought to bathroom quality. Making large-scale public bathrooms that are above "acceptable in case of emergency" is kind of a fool's errand, given the likelihood that they'll get fouled up anyway, so just make the bathrooms acceptable in case of emergency. It honestly can't be that hard. To hear it from the people who go on and on about the Wrigley bathrooms, it's like they buy tickets to ballgames just to take a leak. Every Cubs fan has become George Costanza.

I remembered posting this and then goddammit Kramerica Industries you stole my bit from the past in the future

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The SkyDome has pretty big washrooms, though they're usually pretty full.

So I once went in the middle of play to avoid the rush.

I did, but it wasn't completely empty.

In a row of like 20 urinals where only like 3 were in use, this one guy comes up and pisses in the one right next to me.

:mellow:

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

In 2011 my wife and I attended the World Series in Arlington and it was Bizarro World. For the first time in my life at an event, the men's restroom had a long line stretching out the door while there were no lines for the women's room.

That's every NFL game.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Well, at least you were pissed off instead of pissed on.

Well, with so many urinals, they're pretty close together, which leads to a bit of "cross-contamination", so to speak.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Can we also extend the stall doors all the way down to the floor?

I would gladly leave the "foot-tapping" space at the bottom of the walls if someone could make a f#%&ing door that did not leave a giant vertical space between itself and the wall piece that the lock goes into. Eye contact between someone standing outside a stall and the guy taking a dump inside is completely unnecessary and slightly awkward.

I would gladly leave the "foot-tapping" space at the bottom of the walls if someone could make a f#%&ing door that did not leave a giant vertical space between itself and the wall piece that the lock goes into. Eye contact between someone standing outside a stall and the guy taking a dump inside is completely unnecessary and slightly awkward.

I've found "Hiney Hiders" stalls to be the worst at this.

Hiney Hiders my ass.

6fQjS3M.png

Well, you know, the bathroom stalls at Yankee Stadium don't offer much by way of privacy.

Hence extending the stall doors all the way down to the floor.

Your idea is fine, but I'm not gonna ruin what I'm doing in the black text.

spacer.png

Well, you know, the bathroom stalls at Yankee Stadium don't offer much by way of privacy.

Hence extending the stall doors all the way down to the floor.

Your idea is fine, but I'm not gonna ruin what I'm doing in the black text.

I had the same exact thought about bathroom doors/walls in the last few days (never been to Yankee Stadium, though), but it seems like it would make the bathrooms too hard to clean. Think about how dirty bathrooms are now, then think about all of the little corners on the floor that this would create.

Archived