Buffalo Bills Helmets / Uniforms

rmackman

I like the 90s red helmets, but looking at the Andre Reed/CJ Spiller mashup, there's no way the old helmet would look good on the new unis. The stripes on the helmet don't go with anything on the uniforms.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'm all for uniqueness, but no way does any version of the red helmet look better than what they have now.

The current helmet could use a blue facemask, though.

Like this?

joe_ferguson1.jpg

Yup. To me, THAT'S the best the Bills have ever looked, although what they have now is pretty snazzy too.

Pats never had a red facemask on a white helmet, the Oilers on the other hand did.

And count me among those who always see the Bills as having a white helmet. The red ones from the 90's were OK but dont need to be brought back.

andre-tippett.jpg

That's a beautiful uniform matchup!

I just noticed the other day that the helmet and pants stripes don't match with the white jersey. It's not so painstakingly offensive visually, but just knowing that takes away from what I thought was the best set in the NFL.

Switching to royal blue facemasks would also help solidify this look.

Midway.png

Pats never had a red facemask on a white helmet, the Oilers on the other hand did.

And count me among those who always see the Bills as having a white helmet. The red ones from the 90's were OK but dont need to be brought back.

andre-tippett.jpg

New England should go back to this style with silver helmets, britches and flying Elvis.

That's a beautiful uniform matchup!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I'm all for uniqueness, but no way does any version of the red helmet look better than what they have now.

The current helmet could use a blue facemask, though.

Like this?

joe_ferguson1.jpg

That facemask or a red one would do wonders for their uniform.

spacer.png

I never liked any of the Bills' red helmet designs. The one with the blue facemask was the worst. It was to heavy on primary colours. To much royal blue, to much red, not enough white to balance it out. The white helmet designs with the current logo are the best the team's had, in my opinion.

And no it doesn't bother me that the Bills, Dolphins, and Jets all have white helmets. They each have a claim to white helmets, so I don't see the problem. It's not as if Bears, Packers, and Vikings suddenly switched to white helmets out of the blue.

andre-tippett.jpg

Completely forgot they wore that for 2 seasons in the early 90's, although I'll still argue there iconic look in this uniform is with the white facemask.

Minus a sock tweek to white tops and a possible royal blue facemask...the uniform and white helmets look terrific as is IMO. Thank you for fixing the collars Bills!

tempbufvsnyj-09-22-13012--nfl_mezz_1280_

Absolutely. I've harped on this for two years, but the way the Bills have bungled the socks is ridiculous. The white socks should match the striping of the white sleeves. Remove that blue area on the top of those socks, and that's one of the best road unis in the league, even with the awful navy accents mucking things up.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Like most others here, I agree: the red helmets were nice and a little more unique, but the white helmets are even better and complete a 99% perfect football uniform. (the 1% being the facemask should be blue). The logo simply looks better on white.

About the Bills continuing inclusion of navy in their identity: it is a little unnecessary, I agree. But I believe it has more to do with merchandising. This allows them to sell navy hats, hoodies, jackets etc. without looking out of place to the casual fan. Navy just sells better than royal blue or red would.

Archived