Jaguars, Dolphins, and Vikings... what do you say now?

oldschoolvikings

Dolphins: This is the only one that's really changed for me. I thought it was a big downgrade at first, but I definitely like them better now. The color looks really good when you're watching a game. I'd still call it a downgrade though. There needs to be more orange and I'd prefer an aqua facemask.

Vikings: Still think they're a huge upgrade. I think the helmet looks great on its own, but depending on the lighting, I don't like how it looks with the rest of the uniform. The black facemask looks out of place with the rest of the uniform too. The numbers aren't great, but they haven't bothered me at all.

Jaguars: Still haven't seen them in action besides pictures, but my opinion is still the same as when these were revealed. I like the jerseys, the pants are okay, and the helmets are absolutely awful.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dolphins- They looked amazing seeing them in action the other night. That aqua really defines the team. The old uniforms had more orange in it, but more orange on this design than it already has will ruin the look. Looking back at the old uniforms, the orange really clashed with the aqua. This design has the perfect amount.

Vikings- Very sharp looking. Nice upgrade from the old uniform.

Jags- Just move them to L.A. already.

Vikings: Pretty solid. I think the numbers are dumb. The helmet doesnt match the jersey but those are my only complaints.

Dolphins: Love the color tweaks. Whole set needs to feature orange more. Kinda plain but I like them. the logo is growing on me.

Jaguars: My favorite team. I was kinda iffy about the new logo at first but when seeing it side by side with the old one,its such an upgrade. Its now my favorite logo in the whole league. I like the uniforms alot. I think the font is great. There are a few little details that kinda bother me but those don't really matter or bother me too much because I'm so focused on why the hell the helmets are not all black. Im trying to warm up to the helmet but I just cant. The logo looks so good against a black background. I really still can't believe that they chose this design and that the NFL actually let them go with it. Id much rather them wear this set including the helmet then the 2009-2002 set thats for sure. Still holding out hope for some kinda change in the helmet for next season.

Dolphins- They looked amazing seeing them in action the other night. That aqua really defines the team. The old uniforms had more orange in it, but more orange on this design than it already has will ruin the look. Looking back at the old uniforms, the orange really clashed with the aqua. This design has the perfect amount.

Vikings- Very sharp looking. Nice upgrade from the old uniform.

Jags- Just move them to L.A. already.

They're not moving to L.A., people.

If anything, it will be out of the Rams, Chargers, and Raiders. THAT'S IT.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

The Vikings are still an upgrade, but the numbers bother me just as much now as they did then. The helmets I really liked when they were introduced but now... eh, they're alright.

I really like the Dolphins uniforms. Thought they were a huge downgrade at the time, but now, looking at the old uniforms and identity, they did seem kind of dated. Overall, it seems a little more fresher and a little more South Beachy to me.

Jacksonville I feel about the same. The logo I've grown to really like. But the helmet is awful. If it was a steady fade from black to gold then that would be one thing, but the current execution looks awful. I can't help but think the helmets they used with their last set would be perfect (with new logo of course).

IUe6Hvh.png

Vikes: still hate that goofy number font and matte helmet. The rest of the uniform is okay. Looks like a faux throwback with some modern twists. I'm also glad you can't really notice the facemask is black most times.

Fins: same complaint as most. Needs more orange. I don't love the logo, but it really fits the modern helmet well. I don't hate this as much as I should. Looking forward to them breaking out the aqua pants. Hopefully not for a monochrome look.

Jags: pant stripe is dumb. the solid colored sleeve is dumb. number font with the double outline is too bulky and dumb. that helmet is beyond dumb and has been eye raping me for months now. I don't like it!

Dolphins: make those orange stripes and outlines thicker and I have no complaints. Oh and less white on white. Don't they have aqua pants?

Vikings: I still believe they are now the rule on how to make a modern yet classic uniform without just updating the old unis. Looking at you Buffalo.

Jaguars: the helmet is, was, and forever will be terrible. However I think the Jags have a great modern uniform that gets brought down by the teams choice of jersey and pants combos. Stop the monochrome, wear the teal jersey more and I'm good. Well as good as I can be looking at that helmet.

Maaaan, but I love the Bills helmet stripe.... I really don't find it to be jarring in any way and it mimics the logo nicely. Hell I don't even have a problem with the navy accenting. A blue facemask and better road socks is all that set really needs.

Midway.png

Vikings:

At unveiling: Not crazy about it. Thought it was the best of a pretty weak group.

On field: Like it a lot better. Especially the home uniform.

Pros - no more clown suits. Love the asymmetrical pants stripes. The helmet finish works pretty well with the set.

Cons: Number font. The "sail" in the sleeve stripes seems unnecessary. Black face mask. Purple pants.

Overall: It's definitely an upgrade over their previous set and it has many more pros than cons. Could have been better but it's still pretty good.

Dolphins:

At unveiling: Thought it might have potential but immediately saw it as a downgrade.

On field: Totally sure about it - it sucks. Major downgrade.

Pros: The logo works great - for an amusement park, cruise-line, or travel agency.

Cons: It's boring. My GF summed it up pretty well. She said "it's a fine look for a powder puff team or the lingerie league." Just about any version of their prior set is better than the current look. Agree 100% with whoever it was that said it looks like a uniform that was created because someone couldn't get the rights to the actual Dolphins uniform.

Overall: The worst of the group. There is nothing about this set that is better than any of the uniforms that preceded it. It's boring.

Jaguars:

At unveiling: Thought it had potential but everything was riding on the helmet.

On field. Still think it has potential but the helmet ruins everything.

Pros: The jerseys and pants aren't bad as long as the black pants aren't used. They're a good helmet away from having a solid modern uniform.

Cons: It begins and ends with that disaster of a helmet.

Overall: I still think it has great potential but until they fix the helmet, there's no hope.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived