Oldschoolvikings' NFL concepts - Weird Vikings idea added

oldschoolvikings

1 hour ago, HailGoldPants said:

I don't know if I like the bronze/silver color at first glance, but I could see it growing on me. I really love the red pants though. I wish the Texans would utilize their reds more.

Good work as always!

Thanks!

Weird about the bronze look, though.  It's supposed to be just plain old silver-gray, which is how it looks on my screen.  Maybe I should adjust?  What's everybody else seeing?

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

It's supposed to be just plain old silver-gray, which is how it looks on my screen.  Maybe I should adjust?  What's everybody else seeing?

Huh, that’s odd.

From what I’m seeing on my phone, I wouldn’t call it bronze, but it’s definitely not silver-gray. It’s sort of a warm gray, kind of a mix between a standard gray and a tan. 

Have you tried checking on a phone/different computer?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jn8 said:

Huh, that’s odd.

From what I’m seeing on my phone, I wouldn’t call it bronze, but it’s definitely not silver-gray. It’s sort of a warm gray, kind of a mix between a standard gray and a tan. 

Have you tried checking on a phone/different computer?

Hmm... ya, on my phone it's got a vaguely putty look to it.  Not what I had in mind... I'll rework it.

13 hours ago, HRC4 said:

Curious why the different stripes from the gray pants compared to the red pants

I think my thought process might be hard to explain but I'll try... The stripes on the gray pants, as well as both jerseys, is thick blue and red, separated by thin white... Like the color pattern from the logo. On the red pants, that didn't translate directly, so I went with thick white and thick blue, and separated the blue of the stripe and the red of the pants with the same thin white.

• Like 2

Please keep posting these, I really love all of your experiments and unique takes. 

17 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

I too saw an odd bronze-y color on my work computer, but now at home, both editions look equally grey.

I think that an old-bronze type color could actually suit this concept even better than silver. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...

So, over in the "2019 NFL Changes" thread, there was a short discussion of where the Carolina Panthers should go with their uniforms... seems there's some rumors of changes on the horizon.  I'm of the opinion that they really made a mess of things this past year in terms of their combinations. They dropped what is easily their best uniform combo (Silver/black/silver/black) for a monochrome look (always a poor choice for any NFL team) and somehow managed to pull off 9 different looks, according to gridiron-uniforms.com, none of them especially good. Apparently, there is some push from at least some fans to drop the silver entirely... go with a black/blue combination with, presumably, a black helmet.  IMO, this would be a pretty crappy idea, this past year has proved they really can't be trusted with that many black uniform options. Anyway, the always reasonable @Gothamite mentioned that, in his opinion, not only shouldn't they drop the silver, they probably need to drop the white, with the exception of the necessary white road jersey.  That sounded interesting to me... as a less is more experiment.

Anyway, here is my attempt at a (relatively) white-less Carolina Panthers' uniform.  I dusted off an older concept of mine and reworked it to remove the white elements. With the exception of the white road jersey and white sock halves, the only white is in the logo details and the swooshes.  I honestly think they only need the one pair of silver pants, but I reluctantly added a black pants option, although I'd put them in what I'd call "Saints probation", meaning they should have the black pants yanked off them if they (like New Orleans) continue to abuse the privilege.    

spacer.png

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

This might be my 50th Cleveland Browns concept.  And they're all very similar.

Here i'm pulling from multiple existing Browns' uniforms.  Home sleeve stripe is from the current color rush uniform... road sleeve stripe is from the classic. Helmet, white socks, and white pants are classic, orange pants from the 80's, browns pants from the color rush.  The only thing I pulled from the current (non-color rush) uniform is the "Cleveland" jersey mark, although I shrunk it a bit.

I'm pretty happy with it.

spacer.png

• Like 11