If every city Unified their team colors

quietdealings

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so (for the most fart) the more popular NY teams wear Red/Blue and (for the most part) secondary teams wear Orange/Blue. The Jets and Nets don't fit in.

Not any more but the Nets were red/white/blue or (red/silver/navy) for their entire existence before moving to Brooklyn - probably because they started as the Americans.

However, i think you have to say the NY colors are Blue and Orange. Rangers Giants Jets and Yankees just don't wear the NY colors. It would be as if a team played in Pittsburgh that wore Green and Red. You would still have to say Pittsburgh colors are Black and Gold.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Boston/New England is impossible to do this too. I think best case scenario you go Red/Kelly/Navy and try to keep the Pats, Sox, and Cs looking similar yet ruin the Bruins. That sacrifices only one team, what you chose completely changes 2.

Chicago should definitely include red.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I definitely like the idea. It's been done before, but without as much conviction as you seem to have for it. Here's my opinion on a few of the choices:

Boston: Should drop silver and include green. I think Red/Navy/Green pretty much encapsulates the city of Boston. Red and Navy represent the Red Sox, Patriots, and the city's Revolutionary history, while green pays homage to the Celtics, Fenway Park, and the city's Irish heritage. The Bruins are indeed the odd man out, but one could add either black or gold if you want to include a fourth color.

Chicago: Needs Red or Blue. Can't take the Sox scheme and ignore the Cubbies. That would be equal to leaving out the Yankees.

Cleveland: While the Browns are a franchise with an iconic look, I think red should be brought in to represent the Cavs and Indians.

Denver: Maroon is a good choice to represent the Avs and Rapids, but Navy is the lesser color of the Broncos and the Rockies and Nuggets just fade into nothingness.

Detroit: Poor Tigers.

New York: There's enough teams to have two different schemes. One has to be Blue/Orange/White which is the colors of the city's flag and pays homage to the city's strong Dutch roots. This is really the color scheme that is purely New York. The other is Blue/Red/White, which is the iconic color scheme of New York's sports scene, representing the Yankees/Rangers/Giants, three of the city's oldest and most venerated franchises. As must as I love the Jets look, they are the odd man out. They're the Bruins.

Oakland: This city is always the stopping point whenever I think of this idea. The Oakland Raiders and the Oakland Athletics each have one of the most beautiful and iconic looks in their respective sports. How the heck do you choose between them?

San Diego: Perhaps a little brown or orange for the Pads?

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived