NASCAR 2014: Cars

Davidellias

I read this thread and it reminded me of my youth watching Jeff Gordon and his cars. Then I got the urge to want to design a car, started thinking about how a long time ago I had a Nascar game on my ps2. Looked it up to see what all is out and Nascar the Game 2014 is going to be released in a couple weeks. Im excited again, Thank you Nascar Thread for bringing out the kid in me. I need to get back into Nascar....

If the new NASCAR game is anything like the most recent, it'll be frustratingly difficult to create a car -- it's do-able, though with patience. You have to use a bunch of basic shapes to create whatever logos and designs aren't in the game.

NASCAR the Game 2011 was the last game I had that you could create cars. It was more user-friendly then the create-a-car during the EA Sports series of NASCAR games at least.[/quote

If u can find a copy of NASCAR racing 2003 season for pc that's the best way to make a car!!

Yeah the PC ones were always good. One I had you could do it all in photoshop and import it back into the game. Those games are expensive now since they're obviously not made anymore -- if you find one on ebay, it's likely to cost quite a bit.

I was able to make some pretty nice cars in the last NASCAR game but all too often the time I put into it amounted to nothing. Also, you couldn't play with created cars in a season. It would've been nice if, as you got new sponsors, you could design your own cars, but they were predesigned. You could play with custom cars online, but they don't always load, so to your opponents it looks like you're racing a car that's just one color with a stock looking number.

Yea but the PC game( I'm lucky to have gotten back in the day for 10 bucks) don't have a career mode just a season. But MAN can u mod the living heck outta that! Even tracks!!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MODS: PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD. CAR RACING IS NOT A SPORT!

:shocked::angered::therock:

Bootie Barker (A crew chief in NASCAR) is more athletic than you'll ever be, and do you wanna see what he looks like...

barker_bootie.jpg

Also, back to the Kyle Busch-Oregon thing, Mars sponsoring a NASCAR car has always led to multiple alternate schemes

Yep, anyone who has ever witnessed or participated in pit crew training/practice knows that it has the elements of "sport". Instead of a ball, bat, discus, or javelin, there are tires and jacks and gas cans. I think when casual observers think of auto racing, their thoughts begin and end with a driver sitting in a seat holding a steering wheel.

1005816_672857062757064_57515138_n.jpg

No, this is not a joke. It looks like one of those Toyota Custom Cars from Toyota's Car Builder promotion a few years back.

this is at the top of the list of why i cant watch Nascar. i cant take this :censored: seriously.

Do you feel the same way about soccer, who also designs their team's,look around a corporate sponsor?

That's not exactly true. Most soccer teams have a sponsor front and center on their jerseys, but it's extremely rare for a club to change colors, logos, etc. to match a sponsor. With Manchester United, the important thing is the red shirt, white shorts, black socks. You know that's not going to change no matter who the sponsor is.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Does anyone happen to have just like a blank "template" of a car? The Chevy, Toyota, Dodge, Ford so if you wanted to make a concept car with same sponsers you could? or would that be in Concepts?

If you create a blank concept, I'd put it in Concepts along with any custom-made NASCAR race cars.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

It may take some time, but I can try and make a template. It would be in paint though.

However, I did find this:

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/74372-nascar-concept/?fromsearch=1

Remove the logos, designs, etc, til you get an outline of the car, make a few modifications to make it look like a Gen 6 car and there you go. I can try it, but it will have to wait until this evening.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Honestly your best bet is a NR2003 mod template, they have 2048x2048 Gen 6 car PSD templates

I think what they want is something more like this that I created in about August. It's an Illustrator file.

2013FordFusion.jpg

Honestly your best bet is a NR2003 mod template, they have 2048x2048 Gen 6 car PSD templates

I think what they want is something more like this that I created in about August. It's an Illustrator file.

2013FordFusion.jpg

Nice template. I've wanted to try and create my own car, I do remember playing with the old files from NASCAR 09 (that were able to be downloaded from the EA Sports site).

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, Hamlin (11) has had that scheme for... What is it? Three years now? I do agree though it is a good design.

I find it funny when people say that a basketball or football jersey with a sponsor patch looks too cluttered. In NASCAR, however, it is the opposite, where a blank car or one with just a company's script and one color looks bad while cluttered is (in some cases) good, like Kyle Busch's cars. Then again, NASCAR is the only sport I can think of that centers their designs around a brand full-time

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I read this thread and it reminded me of my youth watching Jeff Gordon and his cars. Then I got the urge to want to design a car, started thinking about how a long time ago I had a Nascar game on my ps2. Looked it up to see what all is out and Nascar the Game 2014 is going to be released in a couple weeks. Im excited again, Thank you Nascar Thread for bringing out the kid in me. I need to get back into Nascar....

If the new NASCAR game is anything like the most recent, it'll be frustratingly difficult to create a car -- it's do-able, though with patience. You have to use a bunch of basic shapes to create whatever logos and designs aren't in the game.

NASCAR the Game 2011 was the last game I had that you could create cars. It was more user-friendly then the create-a-car during the EA Sports series of NASCAR games at least.[/quote

If u can find a copy of NASCAR racing 2003 season for pc that's the best way to make a car!!

Yeah the PC ones were always good. One I had you could do it all in photoshop and import it back into the game. Those games are expensive now since they're obviously not made anymore -- if you find one on ebay, it's likely to cost quite a bit.

I was able to make some pretty nice cars in the last NASCAR game but all too often the time I put into it amounted to nothing. Also, you couldn't play with created cars in a season. It would've been nice if, as you got new sponsors, you could design your own cars, but they were predesigned. You could play with custom cars online, but they don't always load, so to your opponents it looks like you're racing a car that's just one color with a stock looking number.

Yea but the PC game( I'm lucky to have gotten back in the day for 10 bucks) don't have a career mode just a season. But MAN can u mod the living heck outta that! Even tracks!!

I have the 2004 version on PC. My son loves to play it.

I started modding cars back on the ORIGINAL NASCAR game for PC by Papyrus in 1994!

586245-papyrus_008.jpg

586247-papyrus_010.jpg

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/history-of-papyrus-racing-games/1100-6103365/

I had that original Indy 500 game on my Tandy Home Computer too. In fact, I had the first 4 games in that article..

This game was INCREDIBLE in the late 1980s! It took 4 floppy disks to install it!

586241-papyrus_004.jpg

87Redskins.png

Should be interesting to see how Earnhardt fans react. I guess it depends on how well the kid drives.

3austin_dillon_dow_922x300.png

Glad they didn't retire the number. It belongs to Childress Racing and Dale did run several other numbers too. If #43 is still running, the one number that would merit a retirement, surely #3 can too. We didn't retire #28 or #7 when those two very talented drivers died (aircraft rather than on track).

When 60 cars show up to qualify, we don't have enough numbers between 0-99 to start retiring them.

But, good luck kid, you better drive your butt off in that #3 car. There is added pressure whether it's fair or not.

87Redskins.png

Archived