Adirondack Frostbite Unveils Name, Logo

TruColor

I think this might be the first time ever in the history of the SSUR, but I actually have a story up on my site THE SAME DAY THE STORY CAME OUT. Whoo-hoo...yay me. Uh, whatever. Anywho, the UHL's Adirondack franchise finally came up with a name, and it's not the Mulleteers...

AdirondackFrostbite.gif

Here's the story:

Frostbitten

It looks like every other logo Flynnagain has done. :sleeping: Their people/animals are very distinctive(and not in a real good way), they have that crazy hockey stick in every design(look at their site and you will see), and they seem to be wedded to the Batman Forever font. Having a certain style is fine, but this is ridiculous. I was hoping for Mulleteers or Spelunkers. :D

Anyone else notice the 5-o'clock shadow ON THAT POLAR BEAR???

I thought he just had abnormally large lips. :P

At least they have him holding his hockey stick the right way...all polar bears, as mentioned somewhere else also, are left handed.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

yeah there was a previous thread on this.... though they modfied the logo... and the batman forever font was married to this project on all the names... and yes mulleteers was considered... but insearching for that thread it has fallen off the list... but if you want to see something interesting... type in www.adirondackicehawks.com.... hmmmmmm wonder what their first choice was...

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

looks just like the USHL's Indianapolis Ice

header.jpg

No, no.. it doesn't look just like the Ice's logo...

...they are holding the stick the other way. THATS the difference.

:wacko:

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I have to say that the rendering of the polar bear's face/head in this logo is amongst the worst examples of graphic design skill - or lack thereof - that I have ever seen. It looks like it's been cleaved down the middle with an axe. If this is is Mr. Flynn's attempt at providing depth and shading to to the bear's facial area... well, let's just say that it is time to head back to the proverbial drawing board.

Brian in Boston

Archived