MLB: Project 30 (Complete) - San Francisco Giants update

SFGiants58

For the White Sox one it's just weird seeing red on their current identity. But that's just me...

I really like your Indians concept. I like the feather, though it looks weird on the home alt. And the road alt, just way too much red in my opinion.

The Tigers concept is awesome. I especially like the orange-on-blue alt jersey.

Good job!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Milwaukee Brewers

You read that right. This concept not only has redesigns, but also realignment! My logic here is that because Milwaukee was the founding city of the AL, and the Brewers spent the first twenty-seven years of their existence in the American League. I've facilitated this by placing the Royals in the AL West (historical presence in said division, and is not that far longitudinally from Arlington and Houston), and bringing the Astros back to the NL Central (50 years in NL, plus Cardinal minor league team before that). In honor of their return to the American League, I've updated their classic color scheme by replacing the blue and yellow with royal blue and athletic gold. I brought back the ball-in-glove logo, used the "YOUniform" sleeve patch as a secondary/sleeve patch, and updated the 1990-1993 scripts. The socks also use the classic Packers stripes, because I felt they worked for the Brewers and their layered piping. I also replaced the number font with a slab-serif font, with the Packers-style "5" number. The alternates feature an update of the old front-panel hat, and a recreation of an old BP jersey.

11329331914_394b57e792_c.jpg

Home and Road

11329231375_aae994e8b5_b.jpg

Alternates

11329332414_d40ee37c95_b.jpg

Minnesota Twins

Now this one may be a little controversial (I hope it goes over better than the "Stingrays"). I replaced the Twins' red with kelly green. This is not only because I felt the green looked better for the Twins, but also because they would be the only team wearing kelly green anywhere in their set (my A's set uses forest green, as does my Rays). I also took it upon myself to complete the Target Field-ization of the set with the removal of the Metrodrome scripts and cap logo, and the re-emphasis of navy. I also used a sock stripe design from the 1st Senators to complete the set. The alternates are recolored versions of what they wear now, with the home and road script logos.

11329297816_9184bd24c2_c.jpg

Home and Roads

11329384693_da7bba2683_b.jpg

Alternates

11329384733_785422df07_b.jpg

Up next, Kansas City!

I'm just in love with your Brewers concept. It's just perfect! Maybe an all-yellow cap with a blue brim could work with the blue alt and the yellow alt could work with the blue hat. Just a suggestion...

Not too sure about the Twins concept. Just reminds me a bit too much of the Mariners. Keep the red, I think your jerseys would look much better.

As a Brewers fan, the only thing I dislike about your concept is moving them to the AL (but that's your choice). Really, really sharp looking set there.

For the Twins, I would remove the green and keep red. The Twins have been blue and red for decades, why change now?

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

AL West

Kansas City Royals

My main complaint with the Royals' current set is that it looks too much like the Dodgers. Both use the same royal blue, a single-color cap logo, and the script + front number format. I thought about adding metallic gold or powder blue, but all it did was muddle the look. So, I made the plunge and went to a purple and gold color scheme! Of course, the purple signifies royalty like royal blue (because Roman Emperors and Senators were the only people who could afford purple dye made from Phoenician Snails), and the gold works as an accent (like for the Vikings and Lakers). Also, I just wanted to bring the purple and gold color scheme into the MLB and the Royals seemed to be perfect for those colors. I cleaned up the primary logo to remove the drop shadow and reinstated the old sleeve patch and script logo. On the uniforms, I returned the number font to a block-with-serifs design, re-sized the Kansas City script logo, color balanced the purple alt like the Lakers road uniform, and added a Negro League-style alternate to the set(because the A's already have a gold alt).

11333566363_dd71f95d6d_c.jpg

Home and Road

11333519394_bae154465a_b.jpg

Alternates

11333425225_6e2e1f9bff_b.jpg

That color combo looks very Minnesota-ish and would've been a great choice for the Twins for their start, but we're just too associated with their current color scheme to let go of it. Also just a personal opinion, but I've always hated the 'TC' logo. They're Minnesota, they should just use an M. But very nice work with them.

I love your Brewers. They're a team that really lacks an identity. They're currently very bland and you've changed that by simply going back to a previous set. Nice work.

sig.png

Los Angeles Angels

While I do think the Angels have a solid set now, I find myself really liking their early-70's look, with the navy crowned hats, navy undershirts and socks, and the Red Sox number font (while still looking distinguishable from the Red Sox). So, I replaced the red cap with a navy cap (with red bill), removed the red undershirts and belt, restored the Red Sox number font (making sure NOB's and color balance made them separate enough from Boston), removed the excessive use of the "A" logo, used the 70's-early 90's piping, and removed all of the beveling in the logos and script. The red alternate has a recolored red hat and scripts (to avoid the "outline" look), and I updated this navy alt to go with my set. I also simplified the name to just "Los Angeles" as "Anaheim" doesn't sound as good as "Los Angeles", and "California" would simply be inaccurate (because there are four other teams in the state).

11333565933_07e3ee2173_c.jpg

Home and Road

11333519074_1c9caaa743_b.jpg

Alternates

11333566173_f62443de46_b.jpg

Oakland Athletics

I honestly didn't feel like I had to do much here. The A's pretty much have a perfect set already, but I feel I needed to make a few tweaks. I replaced these "A's" logos with one "A's" insignia from the 80's. I placed the home cap on every uniform, as I felt the A's really didn't need any hat beyond the excellent home hat. Piping was added to the pants and the standard home and road uniforms to maintain consistency, and I made updated versions of the old striped socks. The green alt was turned into a color swap of the gold alt, and modernized versions of the old vests were added as alternates (I even made sure to keep the gold pants).

11333497886_50cb352765_c.jpg

Home and Road

11333424355_b4fb159de9_b.jpg

Alternates

11333519044_4635247680_b.jpg

Vest Alternates

11333498016_c5b1c11af4_b.jpg

Up next, Seattle and Texas!

Archived