Super Bowl VII Giant Mini Helmets!

jc...

I was snooping around on the USA Today image site and came across these interesting photos that I had never seen before. Each AFC & NFC team was represented at the Super Bowl. I wonder what ever happened to them.

2156621_zpsdcc435da.jpg

2156620_zps669f19e8.jpg

iq5b7nF.png

Are those Cheerleaders sitting in them? My God they should do that for the Pro Bowl.

@ the OP - great find! Thanks for sharing this.

Found this. It may be cheerleaders but it looks like they're all dressed the same so it might just be local lovelies.

helmet%20cart.jpg

A lot of teams (maybe all) had these in their home stadiums years ago. In this case I assume they trucked them all to the SB site because it's unlikely they would have made a special set of them for one game. I ran across the Saints' cart a few years ago. It's been long retired and was chained to a post outside some kind of auto shop (on Manhattan Blvd. for anyone familiar with the Westbank). I took a pic and will see if I can find it.

I loved those carts and miss them at games. They even made toy versions once upon a time.

mbgA9GZ7U3pyQv-8V9jyHAw.jpg

Finally, an off-topic footnote for the "Google search is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get" file. These came up in my search for "Saints helmet cart."

Saints-helmet-bonfire1.jpg

Saints-helmet-bonfire-2.jpg

Huge bonfires are a holiday tradition in Louisiana. I understand tributes but in terms of mojo, the wisdom of burning your team's helmet and/or logo escapes me.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

2156620_zps669f19e8.jpg

Who else is bugged that they alphabetized "St. Louis" after "San Francisco"? Should be "Saint Louis" before "San Francisco".

^_^

Seriously though...I remember those as well...loved those things.

2156620_zps669f19e8.jpg

Who else is bugged that they alphabetized "St. Louis" after "San Francisco"? Should be "Saint Louis" before "San Francisco".

^_^

I remember when I was in high school the school used a computer system that categorized last names with " O' " (as in O'Neill) before "Oa". Wouldn't have been a problem, except the company that did the yearbook photos used a system that ignored the apostrophe, so you couldn't flow the photos. Annoying as hell. Is there an official way to do that?

Anubis.png

2156620_zps669f19e8.jpg

^_^

I didn't notice that, but now that you mention it....

Also, these thoughts went through my head: 1.) Someone would complain about the grey facemasks. And 2.) Someone would say that one team should go back to this style helmet because its classic. :-)

iq5b7nF.png

Also, these thoughts went through my head: 1.) Someone would complain about the grey facemasks. And 2.) Someone would say that one team should go back to this style helmet because its classic. :-)

Well...every team in those photos DID have Gray facemasks at that time, so they're accurate (!).

I loved those carts and miss them at games. They even made toy versions once upon a time.

I had a full AFC East set of the toy carts once upon a time. I wish they were still around.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

2156620_zps669f19e8.jpg

^_^

I'm more curious as to why "Miami" is alphabetized after 'San Diego" on the AFC side? Did the driver show up late?

2156621_zpsdcc435da.jpg

I'm more curious as to why "Miami" is alphabetized after 'San Diego" on the AFC side? Did the driver show up late?

2156621_zpsdcc435da.jpg

My guess is that the conference champions are both last in line. It just happens that Washington, which would have been last otherwise, was the NFC champion that year.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I had a full AFC East set of the toy carts once upon a time. I wish they were still around.

I had a few of those buggies myself. They were available through the Tudor electric football catalogue which offered not only the custom-painted player figurines for all 28 NFL teams (at the time), but also the aforementioned helmet buggies, team-specific endzones (with magnets to keep them in place in the event you didn't want to use the adhesive backing) and foam-fitted locker room boxes that you could put your players in to keep their directional wheels in place.

On another note, the University of Missouri still uses its helmet buggy. It will be in its 35th year of service this coming Autumn.

A couple photos from the other thread. Like most of the NFL stuff from the 1970s Sears Christmas catalogs, the toy buggies go for big money on ebay, especially if unopened. If time travel is ever developed, I'm going to go back to the 70s and buy up all the Sears NFL stuff I can stuff into a time machine and bring it back. :)

all_carts_crop.jpg

SearsC1975_Page050%2B-%2BNFL%2BBuggies.j

I had the Chiefs, Browns, and Cardinals jackets from that ad. Guess I was a uniform geek even way back then. I also had the Browns and Chiefs stocking caps.

I had the Cardinals jacket and stocking cap.

Shocker, I know.

I just ran across the cap in storage not long ago...the jacket's long gone.

I have a Bills hat very similar to that Steelers one from my in-laws, could even be the same one. Never thought I would see an ad scan of my (kids') hand-me-down hat from the 70's. This board never ceases to amaze me... this time in a good way!

2156620_zps669f19e8.jpg

^_^

You know, I sat and looked at that photo, and wondered what the heck you were talking about, and thinking "St. Louis is next to Minnesota and SF is next to Arizona, this isn't alphabetical at all." I went full derp mode. I'm good now.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

A couple photos from the other thread. Like most of the NFL stuff from the 1970s Sears Christmas catalogs, the toy buggies go for big money on ebay, especially if unopened. If time travel is ever developed, I'm going to go back to the 70s and buy up all the Sears NFL stuff I can stuff into a time machine and bring it back. :)

all_carts_crop.jpg

SearsC1975_Page050%2B-%2BNFL%2BBuggies.j

20140104_12334_edit_1388857814578.jpg

Archived