If Football was in the Olympics(series conclusion)

JTswag187

I've always wondered what it would be like if football was in the Olympics. So the way I have it set up is a 16 team bracket.

here's the qualified teams:

USA

Canada

Great Britian

Germany

Austria

Mexico

France

China

Japan

Russia

Netherlands

Argentina

Australia

Brazil

Czech Republic

Poland

Starting with the USA

12063953915_f80e78e2bc_o.png

away will be posted soon. C&C is appreciated and questions are welcome.

Edit: Now is 18 team bracket with Italy and Spain replacing the Czech Republic and Poland, plus the addition of Denmark and Sweden

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a big fan of this and Love the US concept you've got going but I would hope they wouldn't play in 2014 in Sochi seeing as they are the winter Olympics but 2016... I'm all for that!

It would make for a better preseason than what the NFL has now. However, it would make for a much better Pro Bowl if it were in the winter games.

As for the concept, no complaints. I love it. Can't wait to see what's next!

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

This is the kind of thing Nike would do.

I really like the concept except for the sleeves. I agree that the colors on the stars should not be reversed, and I think the other sleeve might look better with horizontal rather than vertical stripes.

This is cool, but the USA would destroy everyone else in football. Not to take away from these concepts, I'm just saying.

Yes, but that's what happened at first in basketball. And then other countries caught up.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.'" - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

That's because other nations actually play basketball.

Yao Ming, Pau Gasol and others represented their home nations, even though they play in the "American" league. And with the CFL, I'd predict the US and Canada sweeping gold and silver every single time.

Doesn't make it any less fun to watch. I could watch the US smash other nations in basketball any day and I'm not even a big fan of the sport. Football, though? Count me in.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I'm not sure we would see top football stars play. As it is now, we only have Japan and Canada as threats

Actually Poland ain't too bad either. And IIRC Sweden is decent as well. And if allowed, I think American Samoa could be a contender.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Love the jerseys, but personally, I'm not digging the helmets. I think the sleeves ape the flag enough that you could take some creative liberties with the helmet a little more. Maybe a shooting star to get a center helmet stripe look? Just my two cents. That said, this is a great concept, and I can't wait to see the whole set!

correction on my series, jersey's will be a primary and secondary since color v. color is allowed.

This is cool, but the USA would destroy everyone else in football. Not to take away from these concepts, I'm just saying.

Well it's hypothetical, so imagine if football was a global sport.

also should the secondary be red or white?

This is the kind of thing Nike would do.

I really like the concept except for the sleeves. I agree that the colors on the stars should not be reversed, and I think the other sleeve might look better with horizontal rather than vertical stripes.

Yes, but that's what happened at first in basketball. And then other countries caught up.

But in basketball, when America started sending NBA players (late 80s) there were multiple euro stars. Drazen Petrovic, Sarunas Marciulioni, Detlef Shrepmpf, Arydas Sabonis, etc. The NFL doesn't have those guys right now. There are practically no foreign players.

I really like these. A good concept that I can fell the patriot inside of. Sound too poetic? Well anyway, I'll follow this thread, love the us uniforms. Just keep the stripe and star split on the helmet. Nice keeping it simple, while putting a jazzy taste.

Archived