NFL Concepts (San Diego Added)

turbo72577

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As opposed to...what? The bland tricorn hat? The outdated football-playing dude? What do you suggest? This is rework of a logo they used in the past and, even though I'm not a very good logo maker, I'm quite happy with what I came up with. If you don't like mine, make your own.

Personally, I prefer the current logo. The one you made is fine and all, but I'm not sure what it is that's throwing me off that's keeping me from saying it's "great". I will say it does fit the font better than the current, as the current better fits the cursive script than the Western-esque font. The numbers are great and the pant stripes are too, but I think if you flip the shoulder striping so the red is facing out, it will look better. Good, clean design all around, nothing too flashy as some Pats concepts are, but like I said, there is something about the logo that's keeping it from going from good to great. Sorry I don't know what it is. Maybe if I stare at it long enough or someone else points out something I'll see it :P

This whole thread has been great. I've quietly been lurking as when I go t post something about your work, someone else has already posted it. Since this is "my team", I thought I'd comment :) Keep up the great work!

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

As opposed to...what? The bland tricorn hat? The outdated football-playing dude? What do you suggest? This is rework of a logo they used in the past and, even though I'm not a very good logo maker, I'm quite happy with what I came up with. If you don't like mine, make your own.

Like i said it was my opinion, i dont like your logo or when others try to do the same thing, to me it wasn't meant to ever be used that way, i personally prefer the current flying Elvis over it. I like your uniform as a whole, just because i dont like one aspect doesn't mean I think it sucks, mr.nascar agrees with me about the logo. You really need to learn to take criticism better dude.

No, you need to learn to give it better. "I hate when ever anyone tries to make that logo into a flying Elvis. It just looks so much worse IMO" is not constructive critism; it's negative and unhelpful. And that's all you do as far as I can see. Dude.

Like i said it was my opinion, i dont like your logo or when others try to do the same thing, to me it wasn't meant to ever be used that way, i personally prefer the current flying Elvis over it. I like your uniform as a whole, just because i dont like one aspect doesn't mean I think it sucks, mr.nascar agrees with me about the logo. You really need to learn to take criticism better dude.

wonderbread,

First of all, mr.nascar never said he agreed with you. He said the logo is "fine and all" and looked "good". You said the nothing positive about the logo and and said the logo is worse than their current logo.

Secondly, turbo72577 takes criticism fine. He just asked for you to give a suggestion on how you would fix it. Almost everyone making concepts on here want to know where they can improve on their concept. turbo72577 just asked for you to give a better explanation so he could possibly fix it.

JeKhnr9.png

I'm sorry, as a Patriots fan, I do not like that logo. Pat Patriot is a revered logo in New England and the Flying Elvis has been the logo of a franchise that has appeared in 6 Super Bowls. Beside the logo you used was a proposed logo from Jonathan Sullivan's son-in-law (the team's former owner), which was booed out of the stadium when they unveiled it.

Having said that, the rest of your concept is rock solid.

Ok, I think I understand what you mean, ATolly. I found a logo at the bottom of CC's Pats page in the "unused logo" section and tried to combine it with the Flying Elvis. I thought you meant everything was the same between the two. So, yes, I borrowed that logo and made it my own. Sorry for any confusion.

I actually like your original logo better than the Flying Elvis logo. The face could probably use a little bit of streamlining. If you do go with Flying Elvis, I'd get rid of the gray since gray doesn't appear anywhere else in their identity.

The uniforms are definitely a major upgrade. I agree that the number font is slightly off. (I'm not sure why the Patriots went to a Western font in the first place). However, the font you have doesn't necessarily need to be changed.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.'" - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

I actually like your original logo better than the Flying Elvis logo. The face could probably use a little bit of streamlining. If you do go with Flying Elvis, I'd get rid of the gray since gray doesn't appear anywhere else in their identity.

The uniforms are definitely a major upgrade. I agree that the number font is slightly off. (I'm not sure why the Patriots went to a Western font in the first place). However, the font you have doesn't necessarily need to be changed.

Edit - nevermind. I read it wrong.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Flying Elvis's face is gray/silver. Has been since 1993.

Agreed. Any other color just looks weird. Besides, lots of teams use colors in their logo/helmet found nowhere else in the set. Steelers, anyone?

Guest darkpiranha

turbo, your best plan of action is to just ignore people like wonderbread rather than get all riled up over their brand of criticism. I honestly don't think he's trying to be mean, he just has no real concept of how to CONSTRUCTIVELY criticize something. He also clearly doesn't totally understand the idea behind a concepts forum, in that this is the place to try out CONCEPTS of logos/jerseys/helmets, rather than just post the exact same thing that already exists. If someone just wants to talk about how much they love existing logos, there's other forums on this site specifically for that.

So for YOUR concepts, make them exactly what you want. If you want to make something that a current team would actually consider in the real world, using real-world league design mandates and strictly following a team's brand history, then do so. But if you want to just do something different, fun, crazy, forward-thinking, retro-thinking, throwback, futuristic, or whatever your idea is, then just DO it!

Your stuff has been great so far. I actually really liked your Patriots logo. Caving in and putting the current Patriots logo in there really disappointed me. When someone's main criticism of a design is because they like the current one and think that it should never be touched, that's not criticism. That's just stagnant personal preference.

So just listen to the people who have valuable constructive criticism. Let them help you make YOUR concepts be all they can be, not all that someone else wants them to be or more like what it already looks like.

Archived