NFL Refresh by Derschwigg - Bengals Added : 32/32 (COMPLETE!)

derschwigg

I like everything but the placement of the football. Looks like a skull is blowing a football-shaped bubble or has a football stuck in his mouth. What if the steering wheel is shaped like a football?

I think that that's a great idea. We'd be fine helping you along with the mouth.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The wordmark and color choice of brown, black and red for the Bucs is awesome. Keep toying with the main logo though. I think there is potential, but right now, it is too awkward. The placement of the ball looks suspicious, and overall it looks "cutesy" and Disney-like. It's also a lot of colors.

Perhaps place the ball in the middle of the hat (reducing the colors). Then make harder edges to better match the ruggedness of the wordmark? Keep working on the mouth, you'll get it right.

XqY3Yox.jpg

Here's what I've got so far on the Bucs Primary - I couldn't get a good mouth that I liked just yet, but I kinda like the Cap'n Skull leering over the ball like that.

What do you think?

I like this a lot. The skull leering over the ball is a nice touch. That said, I actually thought you were trying to make the seams of the ball the skull's teeth. Heck, if you're having trouble with the mouth, make the seams the teeth and get rid of the rest of the ball.

The more I think of it, that sounds crazy. But maybe it'll help get the creative juices flowing.

Perhaps get rid of the ball altogether and give the skull only a maxilla (upper jaw). Or, if you wish to keep the ball, perhaps it is much smaller and an emblem on the hat?

IMO, the wheel should remain round.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Perhaps place the ball in the middle of the hat (reducing the colors). Then make harder edges to better match the ruggedness of the wordmark? Keep working on the mouth, you'll get it right.

TK30XoF.jpg

Like so?

I'm FINALLY happy with the mouth. I hope you like it!

The teeth look great. The ball looks much better up there. I also like the larger skull size and the black fill within the wheel.

I have more suggestions. Hopefully they don't leave you irritated.

1. Get rid of the outer tan stroke. It's not needed, IMO and just adds another color.

2. Make the ball dark red with light red highlights? This would reduce the colors more.

3, Reduce the width of the cheek bones and make them a little more jagged.

4. Lower and reshape the nasal cavity. I think that might be the biggest thing that is making it look over the top cartoony (unless that is your goal).

5. Square off the bottom of the chin.

Sorry if I'm going overboard.

This is much better than the first Bucs IMO. He looks pretty happy, I think if you angled the eyes/eyebrows down more it will take away that expression. Also, the cheekbones are huge. I am reminded a little of a chipmunks face when I see them.

The word mark is perfect, no problems there.

spacer.png

As a Bears fan, I'd say the G and the B are extraneous. As are the words Green, Bay and Packers. :)

As a fellow Bears fan, it took every ounce of willpower I had not to jokingly post a solid green square with "Green Bay Packers" in Myriad font. Haha!

However, I did put together another time lapse video for the Broncos. I'm not entirely sold on the typeface, but you all loved the last video I made, so I thought I'd try something a little different. In the video, I mess up/start over a few times. But I think it's good for people, especially those who are just starting out, to see people make mistakes. Sometimes, the best option is to scrap and start over. :)

As a Bears fan, I'd say the G and the B are extraneous. As are the words Green, Bay and Packers. :)

As a fellow Bears fan, it took every ounce of willpower I had not to jokingly post a solid green square with "Green Bay Packers" in Myriad font. Haha!

With Peppers signing with the Packers, I'd say willpower be damned. Maybe even try Comic Sans. :)

As for a legitimate comment, the videos are top notch. Maybe slowed down just a touch. Otherwise, big fan. And I can't wait to see what comes of Denver.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

I would either get rid of the black drop shadow or build kind of a 3D shadow (using the outline and the drop shadow). Because right now it looks like as if something went wrong with your layers. As if they're two drop shadows instead of one, simply because the black outline around the font (BUCCANEERS) is so thick – which is okay. I would also reduce the spacing between TAMPA and BAY.

testss_zps252eb02e.jpg

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Archived