NFL Refresh by Derschwigg - Bengals Added : 32/32 (COMPLETE!)

derschwigg

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This may be a "duh" question, but what's the purpose of the "E"? To be just that or to look like the stripes of the American flag? That's what I get from the version without the bevel.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

As a Bears fan, I'd say the G and the B are extraneous. As are the words Green, Bay and Packers. :)

As a fellow Bears fan, it took every ounce of willpower I had not to jokingly post a solid green square with "Green Bay Packers" in Myriad font. Haha!

However, I did put together another time lapse video for the Broncos. I'm not entirely sold on the typeface, but you all loved the last video I made, so I thought I'd try something a little different. In the video, I mess up/start over a few times. But I think it's good for people, especially those who are just starting out, to see people make mistakes. Sometimes, the best option is to scrap and start over. :)

It's crazy watching how you do this because so many of the techniques you use I use but then their were things I would have never thought of in there.

💻linktr.ee/McElroy19 // ✍️ Graphic Design — Vegas Golden Knights. //✏️ Sports Logos and Uniforms
✨✨Let’s work together!! ✨✨

I like the belevel. Surprised I didn't se this thread till now, but I did like your MLB stuff. If you can get around to it, can you perhaps release some of your fonts as packages? I like they way they look and would be great to have because I am trying to get a NBA project done, and custom fonts look great on basketball uniforms.

:wub:(dance):boogie:(bow):jawdrop::censored:(sleepz):puke::woot::sleeping::hockeysmiley::therock::oops:

I think I like smilies too much!

I suggested the bevel, but now after seeing both, the bevel just doesn't look right. Like others have said, it disrupts the flow of the NE and the idea that the E doubles as stripes is lost, in my opinion. The bevels looked good in my bead but in application they just don't work.

One question, though. How would the logo be displayed on a white, transparent or red background? Just curious. Anyway I think the original logo is the best of the three, but the new wordmark is better. I am loving your work and I can't wait to see your New England primary and whatever else you have in store.

First, a roughed up wordmark for the Vikings!

Then, a new look for the Browns!

And, as promised, a complete timelapse. The only thing you don't see is that I did sketch out my idea on paper first and used it as off-screen reference.

[time-lapse of Cleveland Browns]

Enjoy!

Kid you not, the best time-lapse video I've seen. Exactly the type of video I've been looking for. :notworthy: ... :winner:

I don't have your skills, but it also helps validate some of the methods I've been using. Now, if only I could make mine look as refined...

Nice work on the video. One thing I'd recommend to you is to learn the pathfinder tools in Illy -- it'll save you a lot of time and will also help prep the final file a little better.

Awesome work, and love the videos.

I wanna punch my screen in disgust over how freaking awesome these videos are.

If that didn't make sense, I'll just say these are fantastic :D

Thanks! I appreciate the kind words! Doug, I do use the Pathfinder quite a bit - it might not come across in the high-speed. But thanks for the help!

As for the comments on the collar, I've made it a bit more his size.

q8GyMuw.jpg

This is not the browns at all. Too cartoonish. Go with a more realistic bulldog.

image.png

This may be a "duh" question, but what's the purpose of the "E"? To be just that or to look like the stripes of the American flag? That's what I get from the version without the bevel.

The intention was both of what you mentioned - Flag Stripes AND an E.

Fair enough. Still prefer the bevel, though.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

This is not the browns at all. Too cartoonish. Go with a more realistic bulldog.

On the contrary - I wanted their look to be what I perceive this team to be: a scrappy little team with a bit of a chip on it's shoulder.
Fair enough. Just make sure to give the broncos justice.

image.png

7mgWZcG.jpg

Here's a minimalist take on the Steelers!

I was looking through the thread. I really like this one but I think the text conflicts with the logo. The logo is made of hard, sharp edges while the text is smooth and curved. I think a blockier font would go better.

Grey works perfectly for New England for whatever reason. I like it. The N looks a bit flat without the beveling. Wonder what could be done...

Something that just hit me would be add stars to the N. Not sure how it would look, just a suggestion.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Looking at the wordmark again, one tiny thing that looks a little off is that serif thing on the A. It creates a little space between the P and A. I think if the A has a top like the O, it might go together smoother.

I like the flat NE logo as well.

Archived