NFL Refresh by Derschwigg - Bengals Added : 32/32 (COMPLETE!)

derschwigg

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a little bit of time, so I put together this new look for the 49ers. I also had an idea for a fauxback, but I don't have time to do that just yet. So here's San Fran!

Dy0UuD1.jpg

YES!! This right here is your best logo yet. I'm in love with how you designed the SF together. Keep up the good work!

Thanks, everyone! I'm so happy everyone seems to like this thread!

SF has the best logo out of these. How did you make them?

It varies on the concept, but I usually start with picking the color family. Then, the font for the wordmark, editing it if need be. Then, I try to carry the feel from the wordmark into the primary.

With San Fran, though, it was almost the complete opposite. I had the colors, but got the idea for the primary in the middle of working on a design with a COMPLETELY different look and feel (I'm calling that the fauxback look for now)

Awesome, awesome work Dersch. Question, what software are you using to create your wordmarks? I want to recreate the wordmarks for the teams in my fantasy league and what I have to work with is limited.

Thanks and great work.

I like it, but my only nitpick is that it should be a 5 point star.

It is kind of big deal to Dallas and Texas. Nice look for sure.

Thanks! But your comment on the star was kind of my reasoning behind going 6 over 5. Texas almost always uses the 5 pointed star, but the badge itself is more ambiguous on 5, 6, or even 7 points. I just thought it'd be a fun shift is all :)

Awesome, awesome work Dersch. Question, what software are you using to create your wordmarks? I want to recreate the wordmarks for the teams in my fantasy league and what I have to work with is limited.

Thanks and great work.

Thanks! I use Illustrator for nearly all of my logo work, icon and wordmarks alike. There's so much power that you can use in the stroke and envelope distort features alone there. I think Adobe still allows for free 30-day demos of the program, but (I could be wrong here) I also heard Creative Cloud is down to $20/month if you get just Illustrator, and it's something like $30/month for the entire suite. If you've got the scratch, it's worth investing in. If you're a student or educator (valid id), you could get a pretty sizable discount as well through JourneyEd or your school. I splurged and got the master collection and saved $1500 by doing it that way.

Sorry... but a 6-point star's biggest use is a David's Star one of the flagship symbols of Jewish faith... which I doubt would ever fly in Texas. As GP said, 5-point star is the way to go, change for change's sake usually doesn't end up very well.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Sorry... but a 6-point star's biggest use is a David's Star one of the flagship symbols of Jewish faith... which I doubt would ever fly in Texas. As GP said, 5-point star is the way to go, change for change's sake usually doesn't end up very well.

Agreed the cowboys are a 5 point star not a 6.

Love the Cowboys, especially the wordmark. As a cowboys fan I do have to say I would prefer a 5-point, but this is your NFL, and it looks really good, so absolutely no complaints there. Great job.

As for the new Dolphins logo, the wordmark is spot-on, and the logo is definitely an improvement over the previous dolphin, but the snout really looks like a beak and makes it look like a swordfish or something. I think shortening the snout and rounding it off would make the Dolphins update perfect.

Agreed the cowboys are a 5 point star not a 6.
The 6 point star is fine. Google "sheriff badge" and you'll see that most of them are the 6 point star variety. Just because a 6 point star is associated with Israel and the Jewish faith, it doesn't mean that it's exclusive to those things. And the 6 point star used in those instances is pretty specific.

I dig the change and like the variety. Every time someone does a Cowboys concept, people can't seem to let go of the basic 5 point star. Sure, it's iconic. But it's also pretty boring. I applaud this effort and thinks it works well. My only critique would be that I think the "D" on the badge should be thicker and stronger. Perhaps use the "D" from the same typeface which "Cowboys" is written.

For Miami, I like the look but the head looks wayyyyyy too long. And the snout is almost like a beak. It's a bit too pointy IMO.

gYH2mW9.png

Archived