CFL 2014 Season

Evil Doctor

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Why would a nine club comp have Divisional Standings?

I wish the CFL would go to a single table entity. I know the divisions are traditional and maybe the East being bad this year is just cyclical but still I would enjoy a single table.

You could still have divisions where you play them more and have a divisional winner, but have a one league ladder.

See Super 15 set up

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

If they added a tenth team and went to a schedule where each team plays each other twice, I would have no problem with either a single table setup or divisions. Honestly, though, when the East plays the West a lot early in the season, standings are bound to get a little wonky.

If they added a tenth team and went to a schedule where each team plays each other twice, I would have no problem with either a single table setup or divisions. Honestly, though, when the East plays the West a lot early in the season, standings are bound to get a little wonky.

Which city would be the best for a 10th team?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Which city would be the best for a 10th team?

Halifax/Moncton. The league has openly stated they intend to get a tenth team there, the cities are exploding stadium options, and the league has staged exhibition games there in recent years. Plus, it would be cool to see the CFL span "from sea to sea".

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Van Island -- Victoria

Mississauga

Surrey

Agree with Nova Scotia

There's no way Mississauga is a viable market for a CFL team. Toronto is currently the worst market in the league so putting another team 20 minutes away would be a terrible idea. Two teams are enough for Southern Ontario. Atlantic Canada is the ideal spot for a tenth team, if not there then possibly Quebec City.

Van Island -- Victoria

Mississauga

Surrey

Agree with Nova Scotia

There's no way Mississauga is a viable market for a CFL team. Toronto is currently the worst market in the league so putting another team 20 minutes away would be a terrible idea. Two teams are enough for Southern Ontario. Atlantic Canada is the ideal spot for a tenth team, if not there then possibly Quebec City.

I still think it will end up being Quebec City.

I know the league has been upfront about wanting a team in the Atlantic provinces but Quebec is really into their college ball and the population is there.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Van Island -- Victoria

Mississauga

Surrey

Agree with Nova Scotia

I still think it will end up being Quebec City.

I know the league has been upfront about wanting a team in the Atlantic provinces but Quebec is really into their college ball and the population is there.

The Als have territorial rights to the whole province, so while I think Québec City would be a good place for an expansion team, that ain't happening.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

There are quite a few places that the league could accommodate though.

Toronto being the size it is could realistically have London, Guelph, Oshawa, Scarborough, Brampton or Miss.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Toronto being the size it is could realistically have London, Guelph, Oshawa, Scarborough, Brampton or Miss.

Yes but you apparently didn't read the part about the GTA being the worst market in the league.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Yes but you apparently didn't read the part about the GTA being the worst market in the league.

Nah i read it, but didn't think that those areas were a part of the Toronto net.

My bad.

Since the Lions are so bad why wouldn't the CFL try to get Windsor up?

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Archived