Clearwater Tornadoes Baseball Concept

seangilman

Here is my concept for my old high school baseball team, the Clearwater High School Tornadoes, I'm planning on a whole school re-design and these are the three primary logos.

Tell me what you guys think about the logos and uniform combos.

RYiimaB.jpg?1

4lDRVte.jpg

Nice! I went to Palm harbor. I'm thinking a red cap on the grey would be better. Maybe a matching word mark with the cap logo. Still cool seeing a concept that's close to home.

Yeah, I was toying with that but all through high school we had a grey/red cap and I didn't want to erase it entirely. Would be a great look though, I agree.

4lDRVte.jpg

Nice! I went to Palm harbor. I'm thinking a red cap on the grey would be better. Maybe a matching word mark with the cap logo. Still cool seeing a concept that's close to home.

How long ago wast hat? One of my friends played on the Football team there a while back.

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

How long ago wast hat? One of my friends played on the Football team there a while back.
I graduated in 2012

Always wondered why they aren't the Waterspouts. Just sayin'...

What's funny too is that in many fonts, the 'r' and 'n' in "Tornadoes" runs together and at first glance looks like "tomatoes."

I used to live in Tarpon Springs but that was long before any of you were born. Go Spongers!

tarponspringsff-slider.png

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Always wondered why they aren't the Waterspouts. Just sayin'...

What's funny too is that in many fonts, the 'r' and 'n' in "Tornadoes" runs together and at first glance looks like "tomatoes."

I used to live in Tarpon Springs but that was long before any of you were born. Go Spongers!

tarponspringsff-slider.png

Yeah Tornadoes has nothing to do with Clearwater, kind of just a generic HS name. It's funny though a tornado actually did come through Clearwater in the 1990s and tore the gym & auditorium apart. So ironically, now the name kind of fits.

Maybe I'll have to do a Tarpon Springs concept next, I've always liked the Spongers name & logo.

4lDRVte.jpg

With such a cool name, Spongers never really have had a good logo that represents the sponging community down there. I'd love to see somebody take on the sponger name with a modernize logo.

I like the logo with the sponger head, it just looks a little dated. maybe ill try to modernize that a little bit next. Spongers is one of the best high school names, one of the few that actually represnets an area like a college or pro team

4lDRVte.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

love these concepts, but how do you create them? just getting into this so I'm new to how you design concept logos.

I'm a poor college student so I do everything with GIMP. It's a free image manipulation program on the web and its very easy to learn and use. Most of these guys use Illustrator or Photoshop, they are a lot better for logo creation. Check out some of the other threads for more information. It's fun to do once you get good at it

I think the whole thing looks great, save the primary logo. It is very hard to draw/render tornadoes, so I can live with it.

Thanks, I appreciate it! The primary is actually my favorite part. clearwater high has had a cartoon tornado man for a long time now, and I like it a lot better than some of the more realistic tornado logos I've seen. But to each his own

4lDRVte.jpg

Archived