Miami Hurricanes concept - adding chrome gold

oldschoolvikings

OK, as anyone who has seen any of my previous concepts knows, this is a bit of a departure for me, but I just had an idea and thought I'd chase it. As most of you probably know, years ago metallic gold was part of the U's color scheme. So I thought I'd try to bring it back with a bit of a twist. I'm picturing this as having a high chrome finish on all gold elements (if that's possible) but definitely a mirror chrome finish on the gold elements of both helmets, stripes, facemask, and all.

Again, this is not normally the kind of concept I traffic in, but I'm interested in seeing what anyone thinks.

theu_zpsdafcb715.png

The U trying to look like Notre Dame with gold helmets and kelly green shirts is a look that they probably ditched for a good reason. Miami is not Notre Dame. These two institutions are very different in every sense, including the colours and styles of uniforms. Stick to the orange and dark green, maybe a little black thrown in. The gold details in your design are quite nice and very interesting from a historical point of view (those old helmets are cool), but the U should never wear any gold again.

I understand you trying to bring back some of Miami's history by adding gold back to the scheme, but they've built too good of a reputation with the orange and the green, those white helmets and the U. Besides, as other people have mentioned there are too many other teams that are green and gold already. Orange and green however is fairly unique (FAMU is the only other school that uses those colors as far as I know). Miami has a color scheme that they pretty much own almost all to themselves and I wouldn't stray from it.

The gold of in my original post showed up a little more yellowish than I wanted. I think my intent was to give it a chrome like look by making it as bright as possible, but it didn't really look that way on screen. At any rate, here is a repost with the gold changed to a bit more vegas-gold like. I'm guessing anybody who disliked it the first time around will still dislike it now, but maybe it'll be closer to my original vision.

theu_zps00c9944d.png

The gold of in my original post showed up a little more yellowish than I wanted. I think my intent was to give it a chrome like look by making it as bright as possible, but it didn't really look that way on screen. At any rate, here is a repost with the gold changed to a bit more vegas-gold like. I'm guessing anybody who disliked it the first time around will still dislike it now, but maybe it'll be closer to my original vision.

theu_zps00c9944d.png

Even with the new shade of gold, the gold still ruins the uniform.

Archived