2014 NHL Offseason

ninersdd

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't care how picturesque AT&T Park is if the NHL keeps plopping the rink between first and third base instead of along a baseline. At least in a football stadium, the sightlines will only be bad and not preposterously bad.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I don't care how picturesque AT&T Park is if the NHL keeps plopping the rink between first and third base instead of along a baseline. At least in a football stadium, the sightlines will only be bad and not preposterously bad.

The seats I had at Dodger Stadium weren't too bad, but I felt for anyone at field level... Or the upper terrace... Or the outfield bleachers... Yeah.

But if that Ticketmaster snafu is correct, then you won't have to worry about the horrible sight lines. Plus I think having the game in Santa Clara is a better idea on the whole, as it is closer to San Jose than San Francisco is. The only issue is the larger capacity like the article points out. But the Ducks/Kings did sell out all 54,099 ( :rolleyes: ) seats in LA, so I think it'll be fine. (Except the Kings being in these in back to back years and all five LA/SJ games on national TV and etc. Don't mind us Ducks. We'll just be over here <_< )

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

So, I saw something where if Subban was given a 20yr contract, he would sign it

SUCCESSFULLY ESCAPED LUONGO-GATE

Well the maximum contract length as per the most recent CBA is 8 years.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I wonder in say 2008 if the Kings would be the most hated team on the West Coast since they were pretty bad. It would've probably been the Ducks since they were the villain team with Pronger.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

The Ducks are the most hated somewhere? How about that! Haha. I understand in Texas because Stars, and I guess I get Oklahoma as an extension of Texas, but Kansas? Are there Stars fans in Kansas? Or do the Blues/Blackhawks/Avs fans there hate the Ducks? Strange

Ottawa the most hated in Wyoming? Vancouver in Alabama? I wouldn't think that people in Wyoming/Alabama would know what an Ottawa/Vancouver is :lol:

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

E1sSlZH.png

I thought most of Canada (except Ontario and Quebec) had a thing against Vancouver, as did most of American NHL fans during their peak of hatred. And British Columbia hating on Boston? If anything, the Canucks were lucky as hell to even get to Game 7 the way they played throughout the Final. Chicago should have superplanted the Bruins as the most hated NHL team in BC in my book.

KIQI4sf.gif

Some observations from the American map:

-If this were 2008/2009, you bet your ass the Kings would be replaced by the Sharks as the hated team in the west coast.

-Are the Stars and Ducks that much of a deal to warrant Anaheim hatred throughout the Texas/Oklahoma panhandle? I doubt one six-game series for last year can produce a three-state ransom for some Ducks. For historical purposes, the Avalanche and Red Wings have more validation for Stars hate than Anaheim does.

-I'm surprised some states (Wyoming, Alabama) have enough knowledge to divest their hatred away from the traditionally-hated NHL teams (Red Wings, Bruins, Flyers, Penguins, etc.).

-What did the Flyers do to West Virginia to break the Penguins hatred stranglehold in the mid-Northeast?

-What did the Flyers do to West Virginia to break the Penguins hatred stranglehold in the mid-Northeast?

Lot of Pittsburgh sports fans in West Virginia.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

My curiosity comes from the fact that, surprisingly to me, the Penguins are more disliked than the Flyers. Always would've assumed it was the other way around, but I underestimate the Pittsburgh bandwagon backlash.

Surprised Illinois is against the Blues more than the Red Wings. Must be a St. Louis/Chicago sort of deal.

Is that Red Wings red or Blackhawks red for Tennessee and Kentucky? I think it's the latter but I'm not 100% certain.

Also, I really would've guessed Ontario would be more aligned against the Habs, and Quebec aligned against the Leafs. I guess the Francophones and Anglophones can agree on something! :lol:

spacer.png

Surprised Illinois is against the Blues more than the Red Wings. Must be a St. Louis/Chicago sort of deal.

Is that Red Wings red or Blackhawks red for Tennessee and Kentucky? I think it's the latter but I'm not 100% certain.

1. If you look closely, the tip of the Blackhawks feather touches Kentucky. So those states have Chicago hate.

2. I think Illinois' hate of the Blues is an extension of their Cubs-Cardinals rivalry. I really don't see another reason why the Red Wings aren't the most despised team in Chicago.

Archived