2014 NHL Offseason

ninersdd

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bet my Red Wings are going to suck yet again this season, but they'd better at least make the playoffs, or this season's a complete failure.

I'm starting to follow them as my team in the East and needless to say, Wings fans can just chill when it comes to anything.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Clarke MacArthur resigns for 5 years, $23.25M. I'm definitely happy with this signing. MacArthur is a 20-25 goal scorer who would've easily fetched at least $5M a year in free agency. Hopefully now that his two linemates are locked in for the foreseeable future, Ryan will be the next to re-up.

If I were an Isles fan, I would not be happy with the fact that Wang is still in charge for two more years. Would anyone really be shocked if he pulled a Sterling and tried to screw the new owners over in two years?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

If I were an Isles fan, I would not be happy with the fact that Wang is still in charge for two more years. Would anyone really be shocked if he pulled a Sterling and tried to screw the new owners over in two years?
He already did screw them... soon, the team will be stuck in a long-term lease in a small arena that was never designed for hockey.

He already did screw them... soon, the team will be stuck in a long-term lease in a small arena that was never designed for hockey.

But they'll be making more money than on Long Island...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Thornton stripped of the "C". San José will enter training camp with nobody wearing letters of any kind.

Too heavy?

Well, certainly no one can accuse this place of passing up a dead horse.

Won't matter though. The team will still play top 5 offense during the year, and in the playoffs turn into the Greek soccer team with their complete inability to score. This has to be the year where I am least excited for it to start.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Draft lottery changes are official. The odds are more evened out immediately, and the lottery will be used for the top three picks starting in 2016. For 2015, the worst team will get at least the second pick; in 2016, they could potentially fall to fourth.

draft-chart.jpg

In a completely unrelated story, the Sabres will be hosting a Connor McDavid Erie Otters game at the First Niagara Center in Buffalo sometime during the upcoming season. That's actually gonna be a ton of fun; I'm totally going.

Thornton stripped of the "C". San José will enter training camp with nobody wearing letters of any kind.

I like how TMac says Thornton wasn't "stripped" of the C, that the team is just starting with a clean slate. The organization itself is in a funk.

I haven't heard much on the Ice Team/Girls controversy lately - heard it was supposed to replace the Tank Patrol, yet the Sharks are hiring for the Tank Patrol, so did they actually scrap the Ice Team idea?

At least Thornton will be that much faster without the burden of that extra fabric "C."

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

But they'll be making more money than on Long Island...

...if and only if those hipsters from Brooklyn don't treat the Islanders as a socially-trending fad to tweet and Instagram about for only the 1st season. Otherwise, they will be screwed into a long-term lease in a parched area with a sub-standard hockey arena.

Too heavy?
Well, certainly no one can accuse this place of passing up a dead horse.

No, "x team of y" is a dead horse. But the Sharks claiming that stripes are too heavy is a horse that can take a lickin' and keep on tickin'.

But usually can't keep tickin' in the second round!! =D

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The team has no clue what they're doing overall. I guess they aren't rebuilding, like getting the best possible value for Thornton and Marleau this summer. But is keeping Mike Brown and signing John Scott helping the teams chances to go deep? I don't think so. Getting rid of Brad Stuart at least is a positive. The Hawks had sense and dumped Handzus and Bollig. In 2009, the team said repeatedly that changes were to be made, and after a quiet summer, the Heatley trade was made in September. Maybe there is a blockbuster that hasn't happened yet.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

What's it like being a fan of a competent hockey team? Is it nice?

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Archived