2014 NHL Offseason

ninersdd

or just eliminate the shoot out all together.

What was so bad about ties?

I say play Five minute overtime 4 on 4 than 3 on 3 if it is still tied, that game ends in a tie.

Get rid of overtime. 60 minutes, and then shootout. No loser point. Keep track of regulation wins for the first tiebreaker.

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the shootout was introduced to add excitement for the fans (or so they said) but they take out a possibly exciting move?

I say, just scrap the shootout--I too don't mind tie games.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

The shootout is pretty boring without those WOW NEW TRICKZ #SWAG moves like the spin-o-rama.

It wasn't that easy to succeed at doing it, you could either hit the post, lose the puck or the goalie creates some sort of "anti spinorama" strats.

Why doesn't the league just scrap overtime, all together? Just play regular season games in regulation, then award 3 points for wins, 1 point for ties and 0 for losses. Stop it with the whole, "team-X gets 2 points because they scored before the 2-minute mark in OT" mumble-jumble.

I don't hate the shootout, but it makes wins feel cheap. Those 2 points weren't earned.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Interesting news, the Senators are introducing a new "european soccer" experiment in section 319 for 10 game this year. Instead of being calm and behaved during play, the section will be encouraged to chant, cheer, and discourage the opposition throughout the entire game. Sens fans are loud when the stadium people let them be loud, maybe this will show the league that we aren't all 'fickle' fans. It's aimed to emulate the acts of soccer matches and the group called Nordique's Nation. And it won't be too open to opposing fans as well, so I hope there's a couple during Leafs/Habs games.

Most Habs fans want PK Subban as the next Habs captain. He's the only choice that makes sense at this point (the team's best player, handles the Montreal pressure well, a bit more mature than in 2011). Pacioretty would be better with just an A.

Subban was getting benched for sloppy defense and got banned from high-fiving Carey Price as recently as last season and you think they'll give him the captaincy?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Subban was getting benched for sloppy defense and got banned from high-fiving Carey Price as recently as last season and you think they'll give him the captaincy?

Pointing out flaws of a good player shouldn't affect that decision. He's done much more good than bad for the Habs, and has become pretty much the current face of the franchise.

Yeah, but they gave that guy that was getting benched for sloppy defense $72M.

Plekanec has the tenure, Pacioretty has the personality profile, but it should be Subban. I just don't think it will be given his constant tension with coaches and management. That makes it hard for a player to be a liaison to coaches and management, one would have to think.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

If Salvador is captain when he hasn't done anything good for the team, why can't Subban be one and actually be productive?

Salvador was chosen as Captain because he plays with guts and heart.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived