Jags 20th season patch

Island_Style

BrunellMark98.jpg

100913-NFL-Jaguars-Mark-Brunell-PI-AA_20

That away jersey is beautiful and all the more so with that helmet, although Brunell caused a Jags logos overkill with the one on his wristband. I don't really like those pants stripes though with that home jersey. I may be wrong, but is the teal a different shade on each? And why did the black turn to full, thick stripes on the pants, instead of being trim, along with the gold, like on the jersey?

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

BrunellMark98.jpg

That away jersey is beautiful and all the more so with that helmet, although Brunell caused a Jags logos overkill with the one on his wristband. I don't really like those pants stripes though with that home jersey. I may be wrong, but is the teal a different shade on each? And why did the black turn to full, thick stripes on the pants, instead of being trim, along with the gold, like on the jersey?

The teal seems to change from a predominate green to a predominate blue shade of teal. The old Reebok jerseys looked blue, then Nike had them a bit greener. It's a fine line that flip-flops all the time. Check out some of the apparel online some time. It's obvious there.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

BrunellMark98.jpg

The teal seems to change from a predominate green to a predominate blue shade of teal. The old Reebok jerseys looked blue, then Nike had them a bit greener. It's a fine line that flip-flops all the time. Check out some of the apparel online some time. It's obvious there.

Teal and blue-green hybrids in general can often appear to change in front of the naked eye depending on a variety of conditions. It could also be the lighting in photos and time of day that is throwing things off. Using apparel as a guide is not a great method as the licensees often do not use rigorous quality control for color matching and will often go with the closest eyeball match that their textile vendors can provide at a given time.

Regardless, I miss those uniforms.... :cry:

They were definitely a modern classic. I may be in the minority but I actually liked the addition of the black striped pants as well. All else it needed was the teal flake helmet (if that). It provided a nice modern alt look. When they went to black road numbers and solid pants it was the beginning of the end.

I also happen to think that the old logo is vastly superior as it seems to blend into the helmet much better than the chester the cheetah cartoon logo that they now have. The new one is not a bad drawing per se, it just doesn't fit well on the helmet.

Regardless, I miss those uniforms.... :cry:

They were definitely a modern classic. I may be in the minority but I actually liked the addition of the black striped pants as well. All else it needed was the teal flake helmet (if that). It provided a nice modern alt look. When they went to black road numbers and solid pants it was the beginning of the end.

I also happen to think that the old logo is vastly superior as it seems to blend into the helmet much better than the chester the cheetah cartoon logo that they now have. The new one is not a bad drawing per se, it just doesn't fit well on the helmet.

I think everything Jacksonville has done lately (except the helmet) would be really great for a newer team. If the Jags didn't have such a great original uniform, these current ones would be pretty decent. I despised the last set with the stupid piping. I felt like it was just a change for the sake of change. The addition of the candy flake helmet was wonderful.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Teal and blue-green hybrids in general can often appear to change in front of the naked eye depending on a variety of conditions. It could also be the lighting in photos and time of day that is throwing things off. Using apparel as a guide is not a great method as the licensees often do not use rigorous quality control for color matching and will often go with the closest eyeball match that their textile vendors can provide at a given time.

This.

It's supposed to match this, but may not in reality:

PTX_19-4535_TCX_SRGB.png

This color has been specified for textile/fabrics since 1997. Although the print color has changed a couple of times.

The Buffalo guy is talking about moving other teams to LA? haha! Sure thing pal. I can think of a few teams off the top of my head that have a better chance of moving than Jacksonville,your team is close to the top of that list.

Just trying BUFF-jack this convo, because, well, Jacksonville doesn't support their team. So who cares about 20 years of awful uniforms and terrible attendance.

Whoa whoa whoa. They may have had some bad attendance and they may be wearing garbage right now, but for 14 years they had great uniforms (excuse that one year they inexplicably had black side panels and the minor changes along the way). Dare I say they used to wear some of the best uniforms in sports.

BrunellMark98.jpg

"I willllllll remember yoooooouuuu....."

Why can't Nike still make uniforms like this?
Because people will say stuff like "there so boring" "the just slapped a team logo on the sleve and used some crappy font" "nike are getting so lazy" just like everyone does whenever Adidas release a uniform like this. Eg. Louisiana raging Cajuns latest uniform release

The Buffalo guy is talking about moving other teams to LA? haha! Sure thing pal. I can think of a few teams off the top of my head that have a better chance of moving than Jacksonville,your team is close to the top of that list.

Just trying BUFF-jack this convo, because, well, Jacksonville doesn't support their team. So who cares about 20 years of awful uniforms and terrible attendance.
Whoa whoa whoa. They may have had some bad attendance and they may be wearing garbage right now, but for 14 years they had great uniforms (excuse that one year they inexplicably had black side panels and the minor changes along the way). Dare I say they used to wear some of the best uniforms in sports.

BrunellMark98.jpg

Because Nike is committed to the latest cutting edge pile of puke it can think of.

IMHO, the NCAA and NFL look like jokes under most of their "treatment".

BrunellMark98.jpg

Because people will say stuff like "there so boring" "the just slapped a team logo on the sleve and used some crappy font" "nike are getting so lazy" just like everyone does whenever Adidas release a uniform like this. Eg. Louisiana raging Cajuns latest uniform release

Actually its because uniforms like this are basically about the team, and Nike can make considerably more long term advancement as a corporation if they can make all the new uniform debuts into extended discussions about Nike.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived