CONCACAF Redux - (27/35) Bermuda

raysox

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering that Aruba is more of a desert than tropical climate, the color scheme for the primary kits fit well, albeit a bit on the plain side. Love the incorporation of the flag into the roundel (their flag is an underrated design IMO). Great work!

Side note: my wife and I took our honeymoon in Aruba, so I have a soft spot for the country :)

QPR%20Sig.png

It's really hard to find things to criticize about the work here. Overall, very nice job, particularly adding little details (such as the mini pinstripes on Jamaica) that make each concept unique while still keeping things clean, simple, and classic.

My only nit to pick would be to have a little more differentiation in the primary and clash kits for some of the countries. I've always been attracted to sets where the two kits were entirely different in terms of base colors. For instance, if Jamaica is wearing that (beautiful) yellow-black-yellow kit as the primary, why not a solid green kit for the clash? It seems like it would provide a better option for them if they played another country with yellow as a base color of the shirt or shorts. Same thing for Aruba: I'd love a solid white clash kit, with touches of blue and yellow, or maybe even red.

But that entire complaint is admittedly based on my personal taste. Essentially, everything is great! Keep it up.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Canada: Really sharp all around. I like the red/white vs. black/white for the two kits. Though it's weird seeing a black maple leaf...I wonder what it would look like if it was red on the clash. There's red trim on the collar/cuffs, so the kit isn't exclusively black/white.

Jamaica: Love the update. Those pinstripes are killer.

Aruba: I really like the color scheme here.

The logo was weird with Canada. It pretty much only worked in one color. And believe me I tried to make it 2 color.

FIFA rankings changed, so the next 4 are Dominican Republic, Suriname, Guatemala, and St Vincent and the Grenadines. I have them done except Suriname.

Dominican Republic
I had this idea for the Dominican team for about a week before I got to actually create it.

The logo is pretty generic. I took Israel and Ireland as inspiration for this crest. The colored ring around the middle is in the pattern the flag is. I put a new ball design in the middle to give it something new.
The kit is the bread and butter of the concept. I did halves on the home shirt. I thought quarters like the flag would be over kill, but halves of two bold colors would make a nice distinct home jersey. The shorts and socks are both white to compliment the top. The clash is white with a sublimated cross like the flag. This whole set might be on of my favorites I've done.
DR.png

Love that home kit but can I make a suggestion? Flip the colours around so it mathes the flag better. At least for me the back matches more of the flags patterning than the front. I would maybe also carry the flag desing over the the sleeves on the clash kit for a bit of life and distinction to it, Everything else is perfect.

I mean the arms are like the top parts. right arm is blue (top left flag), left arm is red (top right flag), etc. I'm just saying it seems more like the flag on the back of the jersey. It's not a big deal, just a minor detail.

I don't like the font here it looks too cartoonish and the soccer ball in the number seems too generic, there is a great opportunity to make something original to the club. Other then that this is pretty good.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

I'm not sure what's generic about the soccer ball, it looks pretty original to me. I've never seen one like that before. I really like the crest, the red/blue panels are subtle but you definitely know it's the Dominican Republic. Same goes for the kits, I'm glad you didn't try to overdo it with 4 panels.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

That's actually right. I went to check what their federation was named and Wikipedia had it in English and I didn't think anything of it.

Suriname, Guatemala, St Vicent, St Lucia and Grenada are all done and they look really really nice.

EDIT: FDF Dominican Republic crest updated above

Every now and then I find a gem in the concepts board that is just so quirky, and yet so visually striking; something that just seemss to hit on all the right notes. That Jamaican home jersey is top notch work Raysox.

Midway.png

I really like the DR. The soccer ball in the crest is sharp, and the quartered border is a great touch. I like the kits a lot as well, though I agree that the colors on the home should be flipped. It makes sense to match the sleeves with the top half of the flag to me

Mike, Dominican Republic's concept you hit that out of the park:

1. The crest suits the FDF perfectly, loved the use of the Irish and Israeli FA's shields (Note: the old crest of still on the shirts and shorts, I don't know if you plan on changing those or not).

2. Love the split home shirts, no need to do quarters as that would be overkill and too busy.

3. The compliments of the white socks are a great tie in to overall concept.

4. The sublimated cross on the away shirt another nice touch.

5. The fonts that were used on the kit are a good choice, unlike what someone else suggested on here being cartoonish. The font that you used was used on Nike kits from this past World Cup.

Excellent job again Mike and looking forward to the next group of concepts.

So glad someone is doing this. Great idea.

I'm surprised no one has brought it up so far, but will we be seeing any Guadaloupe or Martinique concepts? Those two nations are actually some of the best teams in CONCACAF. And while they aren't FIFA (they should be since Tahiti and New Caledonia are FIFA members, but France wants to make sure they can steal the Caribbean's talent forever) they still are members of CONCACAF.

And Guadaloupe has a history of GORGEOUS kits. A lime green/red/golden color combo would really spice up this thread.
Also, it would be cool to see concepts for other CONCACAF Non-FIFA teams like Quebec and Cascadia (Quebec plays in a Non-FIFA tournament every year, and Cascadia is set to join them next year).

Suriname

This was the first concept I did after I told myself that this project was dipping in creativity. So for this little Dutch nation I went all out.

The logo was just kinda thrown together. I really wanted to use the flag in some way, so what I did was put the wine stripe with the yellow star on the top, then underneath the abbreviation I put green and wine stripes. The crest looks almost like a cleaned up USMNT crest currently being used.
The current uniforms are monochrome white and green, but I wanted to do something that stood out in the confederation. I went with all green on the home, with some Argentina World Cup clash hoops on it. The clash was spurred from an old EPL clash concept i did. I love yellow and a deep red together, so I just kinda went wild with it. Wine with yellow stripes on the top, then yellow shorts, and wine socks. I also went the next step and updated my template to match the World Cup template Adidas used.
Suriname.png

Archived