College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

I saw on Facebook that Clemson is going all orange and Bama is in white. Should be a pretty good looking game.

As if there was any doubt that Clemson would wear all orange.

The field tomorrow night will also following the same blueprint as last year with the black end zones:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ClemsonFB/status/686320225457803264/photo/1

I think the Black end zones look horrible. Why don't they do it like in the bowl games? Clemson with orange end zone, and I would change Bama to Crimson.

Its pretty clear the black is part of the branding for the National Championship.

It looks fine and helps make the NCG stand out.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a fan of it for that reason alone.. It's the schools' identity in their own colors and fonts - on top of the CFP NCG brand identity.. Almost like the black endzones were just sitting there, blank, waiting for the team names to be added

It will be interesting if a team with a darkblue or green wordmark makes the game. That being said, the purple outline for Clemson makes their wordmark stand out a little more.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I'm a fan of it for that reason alone.. It's the schools' identity in their own colors and fonts - on top of the CFP NCG brand identity.. Almost like the black endzones were just sitting there, blank, waiting for the team names to be added

It will be interesting if a team with a darkblue or green wordmark makes the game. That being said, the purple outline for Clemson makes their wordmark stand out a little more.
I agree.. The purple is tough to see, but like you said, with that white outline, the purple is just enough to really help the wordmark stand out nicely.. If a dark blue or dark green team makes it, I'd imagine they would do something similar, or at least like Alabama (dark red, white outline)

I agree.. The purple is tough to see, but like you said, with that white outline, the purple is just enough to really help the wordmark stand out nicely.. If a dark blue or dark green team makes it, I'd imagine they would do something similar, or at least like Alabama (dark red, white outline)

I'd be interested to see what they would do if Michigan made the big game. The best option would probably be MICHIGAN in navy with a maize outline. The text in just plain maize would be pretty good, but a navy outline would get lost in the black and make Michigan look like a black and yellow school. I don't see white being included in the endzone color scheme because it would result in the marginalization of one of Michigan's main colors for a color barely used.

I'd be interested to see what they would do if Michigan made the big game. The best option would probably be MICHIGAN in navy with a maize outline. The text in just plain maize would be pretty good, but a navy outline would get lost in the black and make Michigan look like a black and yellow school. I don't see white being included in the endzone color scheme because it would result in the marginalization of one of Michigan's main colors for a color barely used.
Its a possibility we'll find out in the next few years.....

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

Usually I dont like the all orange combo, but I think it works well for this game to provide the most contrast.

Also do we have a "Things that worry me" thread?

PostTotal.png

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

It's always tilted "to 1:00".. I think it's closer to 2:00 personally, but I've heard it was for 2 main reasons. 1-to separate it visually from other paw logos, and 2: to help remind fans that all home games were played at 1:00. I heard this from a Clemson alumnus who coached football here at Newberry. Not sure how true it is, but pretty interesting nonetheless.. Also, if I recall correctly, the current logo was created using a mold of an actual tiger paw, which helps explain the not-so-clean edges and "dew claw" as I've heard it described (the little oddly shaped notch in the lower right-hand corner of the paw).. It used to drive me crazy that it was essentially opposite on each side of the helmet by never being mirrored, but now I'm a big fan of it.. One of the best marks in sports imo

I think the black end zones and the logos look pretty good.

Although the end zones look pretty washed out already. See quite a bit of green in there. Too much pre-game traffic in there, I wonder.

I don't know if it's the type of paint they use now or they just don't want to take the time to do 2 or 3 coats, but all teams that paint their endzones a dark color has this problem. It's been a problem with Carolina's endzones for years. They have lots of green showing. I wish they would go back to using paint brushes and rollers to paint the endzones. I think it looks much better than the sprayers they use now.

I think the black end zones and the logos look pretty good.

Although the end zones look pretty washed out already. See quite a bit of green in there. Too much pre-game traffic in there, I wonder.

I don't know if it's the type of paint they use now or they just don't want to take the time to do 2 or 3 coats, but all teams that paint their endzones a dark color has this problem. It's been a problem with Carolina's endzones for years. They have lots of green showing. I wish they would go back to using paint brushes and rollers to paint the endzones. I think it looks much better than the sprayers they use now.

Eagles are the worst offender of this. Even the Vikings' endzones looked terrible Sunday, but that may be attributed to the cold.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

Agreed, the Eagles are the worse with the painted end zones. But I'll give them a small - very small pass - because a couple of times their black end zone was painted over a red Temple one, or a gold Army/Navy one.

What was up with the Vikings end zones? I didn't see the game. Did they paint them purple or yellow?

I've even noticed the washed out end zone look in other games too. Packers/Steelers SB, Ravens/SF SB, are the two that come to mind right away, but I'm sure there's more. Actually the past few SB's have looked like crap, to me. Wonder if its the turf/grass, as well as the paint? Bad paint, LOL, or not enough coats?

Seems like a couple of the college games get it looking just right, i.e., Rose Bowl, Orange Bowl, etc..But yet, one semi-final game paints the end zone, the other semi-final doesn't.

Ok I'm rambling now.

Archived