College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

Has anyone posted pics of the uniforms in the game?usa-today-9032716.0.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Just one small tweak here and there, and TCU has a perfect "classic" uniform...

- No helmet stripe

- Frog Skin on the sleeves ONLY

- Shrink the collar...

That's all they had to do.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maxresdefault.jpg

- No helmet stripe

- Shrink the collar...

Disagree. The whole sleeve cap thing is a terrible look, especially if the color change between jersey and sleeve isn't "grounded" by a stripe or some other design element (think NY Jets). Randomly coloring your sleeves a different shade -- like, um... oh- Oregon in the same photo! -- looks beyond stupid.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Houston looked worse than FSU did by a long margin. There's no room in major college football for cookie-cutter uniforms.

Hopefully Houston goes back and fixes these next season. I know they just went to these but they aren't the best look for them. They should go with Kansas State sleeve stripes. Pants need fixed as well.

It is my understanding that there will be new uni's next season. Having said that I prefer the all white uni's to our current home set. At the very least we need to keep the white helmets in our rotation.

I always thought the Ware/Klingler run-and-shoot-era uniforms were good. Simple red and white, nothing superfluous. They should return to something like that.
Something like this? (Shameless plug) I don't think any other FBS team uses a triple stripe right now.

HTGsSUm.png?1

It's nice, but I think Nike will want to avoid anything involving three stripes.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Houston looked worse than FSU did by a long margin. There's no room in major college football for cookie-cutter uniforms.

Hopefully Houston goes back and fixes these next season. I know they just went to these but they aren't the best look for them. They should go with Kansas State sleeve stripes. Pants need fixed as well.

It is my understanding that there will be new uni's next season. Having said that I prefer the all white uni's to our current home set. At the very least we need to keep the white helmets in our rotation.

I always thought the Ware/Klingler run-and-shoot-era uniforms were good. Simple red and white, nothing superfluous. They should return to something like that.

Something like this? (Shameless plug) I don't think any other FBS team uses a triple stripe right now.

HTGsSUm.png?1

Looks good!

HTGsSUm.png?1

It's nice, but I think Nike will want to avoid anything involving three stripes.

Well, yeah, there's that...

HTGsSUm.png?1

1rtzlzf_zpsjfxcfzvc.gif

Ducks too. Seems like lots of schools have started going stripe-less. Good way to extend the pants life as practice pants I guess. I'd prefer some stripes to nothing. However, I'd take no stripes to :censored: team or mascot names written on the pants.

TCU needed some kind of pants stripe. I think the really thick single stripe would be good.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

HTGsSUm.png?1

I had a similar concept years back! Yours looks more complete however. It's hard to avoid the temptation of incorporating the bevel everywhere.

UofHUniforms.png

HTGsSUm.png?1

Perhaps - I don't think Nike would come to Houston with a design like this. But if Houston explicitly said they want a 3-stripe look inspired by the Andre Ware era, I'm sure Nike would concede. And they did wear throwbacks of those jerseys just last year.

I like Houston's current uniform as I believe all the jerseys need are TV numbers on the arms. For instance, on the white part of the jersey I would add red numbers and for the red part on the white jersey I would add white numbers.

houston-cougars_1ich5i86985od1bc6ba9l27u

54a717a83efc0.image.jpg?resize=300%2C428

spacer.png

I like Houston's current uniform as I believe all the jerseys need are TV numbers on the arms. For instance, on the white part of the jersey I would add red numbers and for the red part on the white jersey I would add white numbers.

houston-cougars_1ich5i86985od1bc6ba9l27u

54a717a83efc0.image.jpg?resize=300%2C428

But what's the theme? What is uniform about the uniform?

They have sleeve caps for no other reason except to have them... they need a logo, TV numbers, something. Then they have 2 pointed stripes going down their pants. I guess you can say its cougar claws? Then you have a stripe-less helmet, with a 2-stroke outline, with no-stroke numbers on the jersey.

There is no direction. There is no style to the uniforms. If Tom Herman is going to potentially lead the Cougars into somewhat of a golden era or have a nice few years run... they should upgrade those uniforms immediately.

Houston, to me, just looks like a Nike Catalog high school team. Not a terrible uniform, but it looks so "stock" to me that it's hard to give it a lot of points. There's probably 20 high schools in any given state that wear the same thing, just in different colors.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

maxresdefault.jpg

- No helmet stripe

- Shrink the collar...

Disagree. The whole sleeve cap thing is a terrible look, especially if the color change between jersey and sleeve isn't "grounded" by a stripe or some other design element (think NY Jets). Randomly coloring your sleeves a different shade -- like, um... oh- Oregon in the same photo! -- looks beyond stupid.

yea im not a fan of just filling in a sleeve with a color, it looks lazy. doing a pattern like Texan suggested is better though. but Oregon's jersey is a good example of the sleeve cap fill hurting the design. you want the number to be the dominant element (no problem there) and then the wings pattern to follow. but the sleeve fill (and maybe the collar) is taking away from that. the wings dont even look like they're there.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Anyone know what the uniform matchup for the CFP Championship game will be?

I'd guess Clemson goes all Orange everything, while Bama does Bama

then looks like we're in store for a classic looking matchup, just like every other Bama-Championship Game look.

It's probably nostalgia, but I've always been fond of Houston's skinny UH and think they should use that full time. While the current mark is perhaps more balanced and.. "bold?", it has always seemed squished to me. They also switched to a variation of that mark shortly after the SWC dissolved and I tend to associate it with that period where they were having identity issues as an athletic department. A modern version of the skinny mark would help link current teams with the Andre Ware/Phi Slamma Jamma days.

These arched wordmark throwbacks from homecoming a coil,e years back were sweet, but too vintage for full time. The helmet was really nice, though.

http://uniformcritics.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/hou-11-12-redwhitethrow-thomascampbell-3-620x423.jpg

Archived