Hybrid Logos Series: Boston/New England

mmmonggg

I introduced the Hybrid Logos in a pervious post. Here's the Boston/New England Hybrid Logos

Boston Bruins (inspired by New England Patriots) Hybrid Logo.

BruinPatriotswallpaper_zps5451fddf.jpg

This logo uses the design elements of the current Patriots logo. The Patriots face is replaced by a black Bruin Bear and the red wave stripes are replace with yellow wave stripes.

Boston Red Sox (inspired by Boston Bruins) Hybrid Logo.

RedSoxBruinsWallpaper_zps3466f0b5.jpg

The Red Sox "B" replaces the Bruins "B" and the colours of the spokes and circles are replaced from the Bruins black and yellow to the Red Sox's red, white and blue.

Boston Celtics (inspired by Red Sox) Hybrid Logo.

Celticsredsoxwallpaper_zpsd63affce.jpg

This logo uses the simplicity of the Red Sox Logo to create the Celtics Hybrid Logo. Kept is the circles and font of the Red Sox logo. Replaced is the socks to a shamrock, baseball to a basketball the Red Sox colours to the Celtic green, white and black.

New England Patriots (inspired by Celtics) Hybrid Logo.

Patriotsceltics-wallpaper_zpscab9dd7c.jp

This was the most difficult of the bunch to create. The logo uses the winking Celtic man and the old Patriots logo as inspiration. The stance of the man are the same as the Celtics. The outfit is the same as the old Patriots logo (minus the cross chest straps). Instead of a wooded cane I used a sabre and instead of the baseball I used a football. The font of the name is change to the Patriots current jersey font.

View more on my website www.johnmong.com

--- www.johnmong.com ---

--@mmmonggg on instagram

--@johnmong on twitter

Could you do Wisconsin teams like this?

I'm sticking with Major North American sport cities with the exception to my home town, Toronto. We're missing a much needed NFL team.

--- www.johnmong.com ---

--@mmmonggg on instagram

--@johnmong on twitter

I'm sticking with Major North American sport cities with the exception to my home town, Toronto. We're missing a much needed NFL team.

Does Charlotte, NC count as a major North American sports city?

|CAROLINA PANTHERS|CHARLOTTE HORNETS|NC STATE WOLFPACK|CHARLOTTE KNIGHTS

UPRSD0f.png

WRZY3Z6.png

See this is what a hybrid logo should look like, I was hesitant to look because most times people are just overlapping actual logos and it just looks like a collage of sorts. What you have done was actually designed a new logo drawing inspiration from other teams in other leagues. Really great stuff here, my favourite is the last Patriots one.

Guest darkpiranha

Awesome. Can't wait to see this unfold. (agreed that I'd like to see you tweak the bear a little bit more, but otherwise, love it)

Does Charlotte, NC count as a major North American sports city?

North Carolina has everything but a Major League baseball team. Let me get to cities/states that have a NFL, NBA, NHL and MLB team. Then, we'll see what happens.

--- www.johnmong.com ---

--@mmmonggg on instagram

--@johnmong on twitter

cool except for just one tiny thing the bruin looks a little like a monkey. but great job on these other than that

cool except for just one tiny thing the bruin looks a little like a monkey. but great job on these other than that!

I didn't see that at first but I get that observation. I will tweak it for sure. There's a few I've done for Toronto and Chicago that need alittle re-work too.

--- www.johnmong.com ---

--@mmmonggg on instagram

--@johnmong on twitter

Are Oakland and San Jose going to be combined

Are Oakland and San Jose going to be combined

Cali is a tricky one because there are so many teams in different cities. This will be determined at a later day. Stay tuned via my social media pages.

--- www.johnmong.com ---

--@mmmonggg on instagram

--@johnmong on twitter

As a resident of the Boston area and an avid fan of the teams, I have to say well done! My favorite is the Sox/B's combo.

4mtgcgx7i7hfyvhu7w9r6ragd.gifp75rmm4jouqpahfsduxfgdhi4.gif5382522013.gif5344392013.gif

"The 2013 Red Sox are the world champions...and Boston strong!"

-Dave O'Brien

Calling the final out of game 6 of the 2013 WS

Archived