North American Pro Soccer 2015

Sodboy13

Deadspin's issues with the MLS are annoying and weird.

http://deadspin.com/fc-dallas-coach-offers-portland-coach-a-tissue-instead-1695819339

Who could read that as anything than Porter chumping Pareja? And given that FC Dallas is routinely among the most annoying team in the league, it's nice to see someone yell "scoreboard, bitch" and be in the right.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, Deadspin can be tiring at times. Endless snark is fun but no substitute for a well-considered position, boys.

You took it wrong. I came in peace. Just wanted to share a point of view.it's a message board. I'm here for discussion. I like talking to people with different points of view. It's a lot less boring. You can let your guard down a little.

My guard is fine. I'm glad yours is as well. ;)

The Impact qualified for the Champions League final last night. Hopefully they can do what RSL couldn't do a few years ago and actually win it.

In other news this might be the first year that we have no Mexican teams in the final with Club America trailing a Costa Rican team by 3 goals. It's nice not having Liga MX teams dominate everyone else.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

The Impact qualified for the Champions League final last night. Hopefully they can do what RSL couldn't do a few years ago and actually win it.

In other news this might be the first year that we have no Mexican teams in the final with Club America trailing a Costa Rican team by 3 goals. It's nice not having Liga MX teams dominate everyone else.

This is really good for MLS. I'm going to try my damnedest to go to the game in Montreal on the 29th. There's nothing I'd love more than to see them win it.

Club America scored early and often tonight. Tied the aggregate in 19 minutes, took the lead by the 25th.

Won 6-0 (6-3 aggregate)

Club America scored early and often tonight. Tied the aggregate in 19 minutes, took the lead by the 25th.

Won 6-0 (6-3 aggregate)

Yeah...

I'm still rooting for Montreal but that first leg in Azteca is not going to be easy.

Yeah sorry to bring up the whole Yankee Stadium dimension issue again but I just saw it on TV for the first time and I couldn't stop myself from posting that. I hope that they find a new temporary home fast.

Rowdies in New York for the Cosmos home opener tonight, Beckenbauer and Pele will be in attendance.

The rowdies drew Minnesota 0-0 in their home opener in St Pete last weekend. The rowdies unveiled 3 million dollars in renovations to Al Lang to a sell out crowd, and it looks so so nice. It finally feels like a home field where soccer belongs. They sold out the next game against Jacksonville, and I'm hoping to go to the 3rd game against the Strikers.

They're talking about plans with the city to expand Al Lang to around 18k if the support is good enough, and to anchor the renovated waterfront district.

I'm not familiar with the specific plans, but I love the idea of turning Al Lang into a proper SSS. Good for them.

There's no actual plans, but the owner keeps saying that there are plans. In a town meeting for the waterfront there was a picture of the Philly stadium shown, and on the PDF of the improved waterfront had Al Lang with a big stands where RF was. Bill Edwards keeps saying that architects have said it's doable so I guess it's just a matter of time. I'm really excited because Al Lang was the consensus worst place to play in the NASL, but it seems like they've everything they could possibly do to make it one of the best.

I'm impressed with the Cosmos breaking their attendance record against the Rowdies.

I know this was Raul's first home game but considering all the NYCFC hype and the Red Bulls recent good form I have to give them credit.

Archived