North American Pro Soccer 2015

Sodboy13

That's still a lot of assumptions. I'm not aware of any league rules preventing a team from putting its secondary logo on the shirt.

Never meant to imply it was against the rules. It's just not the norm in this league for a club to use anything but it's primary logo as its primary jersey crest.

I'm not saying it isn't going to happen, but the Timbers secondary logo has — up until this year — only been used on retro-inspired third jerseys. And with this year's kit being part of a historical retrospective, it makes just as much sense to me that this would signal a special circumstance more than it does a new normal.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Photographers have managed to catch Beckham throughout his Miami trip, starting with his arrival Sunday at Miami International Airport. Monday night he was sitting next to Miami Beach Mayor Philip Levine at a birthday party for fashion magnate Tommy Hilfiger. The two chatted about soccer, and Levine said Beckham gave a tacit thumbs-up to the idea of building a professional soccer stadium next to Marlins Park.
Where?
image.jpg

Because that's what MLS needed. Another team in varying shades of blue.

Yeah another powder blue team no less. At least a team like the Earthquakes were blue from the beginning in MLS. (after that ill advised Nike Clash misadventure).

Because that's what MLS needed. Another team in varying shades of blue.

They were already blue before coming to MLS and they have a pretty cool brand so I am happy they are sticking to it.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

With all the expansion, I hope to find myself a MLS follower one of these days. The big thing though is finding a team to root for first. All my other loyalties are with the NYC teams, except for football where I admit to being a rover of sorts (I've got transient rooting interests that depend a lot on the individual match ups with a few exceptions). MLS came just a little bit too late to really imprint on my childhood sports memories so that's why I never followed it although I've always been aware of it. Too bad I live in a region now without much of an organized sports presence, much less a soccer one, so my exposure is likely to remain minimal until I move again someday.

With all the expansion, I hope to find myself a MLS follower one of these days. The big thing though is finding a team to root for first. All my other loyalties are with the NYC teams, except for football where I admit to being a rover of sorts (I've got transient rooting interests that depend a lot on the individual match ups with a few exceptions). MLS came just a little bit too late to really imprint on my childhood sports memories so that's why I never followed it although I've always been aware of it. Too bad I live in a region now without much of an organized sports presence, much less a soccer one, so my exposure is likely to remain minimal until I move again someday.

Where do you reside? I can tell ppl I know without TFC, I probably wouldn't even care.

I guess that's kinda like the NHL in America without local teams.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

How much would it cost to takes those homes adjacent to the Marlins field? What was on the Marlins site prior to it being a baseball field?

That area doesn't look intractable to me.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

How much would it cost to takes those homes adjacent to the Marlins field? What was on the Marlins site prior to it being a baseball field?

That area doesn't look intractable to me.

The buildings on the "middle" parcel is still on Miami-Dade property.

Also, as far back as 2008, the two stadium plan was floated by Miami-Dade before the Beckham group started waffling.

1gv5o2.So.56_zpskmv5mhqo.jpeg

Archived