Oldschoolvikings' NHL concepts - Ducks added, trying out more weird colors

oldschoolvikings

I've always loved the old duckbill goalie mask... I'm a sucker for cartoon mascots, in general. So I wanted to use it, but looking at the original it seems a little busy now... the mask was backed by a circle, and a triangle, and two crossed sticks... too much. So I simplified. As for the color scheme, I just went with the current, swapping out the black for a very dark green.

And here it is...

duck_zpsqjmfqb1w.png

• Like 3

Looks a little too busy, they look more like ugly Christmas sweaters than hockey sweaters. I don't mind the trees on the alt because it's an alt and the creativity is really cool. but the home and rode have way too many colors and stripes of all kinds of widths. I think getting rid of the colors at the end of the sleeves and making the tan around the stripes symetrical it would look a lot better

I like what you've done with the Wild. It's a look that doesn't malign what works with their current look, and tries to include all of their main colors effectively. I do agree with the other posters that the stripes on the green and white sweaters do need reduction, and I'll add that the font really doesn't work with the look (the Wild's old number font would be perfect) and that the red pants don't really work with the set (green breezers would look better). Other than that, I really like what you've done with the NHL, especially the simplified Ducks.

I like what you've done with the Wild. It's a look that doesn't malign what works with their current look, and tries to include all of their main colors effectively. I do agree with the other posters that the stripes on the green and white sweaters do need reduction, and I'll add that the font really doesn't work with the look (the Wild's old number font would be perfect) and that the red pants don't really work with the set (green breezers would look better). Other than that, I really like what you've done with the NHL, especially the simplified Ducks.

I was starting to think the same about switching the red breezers to green (especially since it would work so well with the alt) so your comment just pushed it over the top for me. Here you go...

wild_zpsjofl1lwf.png

As for all the stripes... I'm going to be stubborn a little while longer, I think. There's an internal logic to the stripe pattern that works with other elements on the uniform, although maybe I'm the only one who can see it and/or cares.

• Like 2

Dude stop using strips on all the jersey. Like same thing for every team. So simple anyone could cold come up with it. Just so boring see the same thing 50 thousand times

I haven't used even one strip. Stripes? Oh, hell, yeah, lots of stripes, but I've made it a point to avoid strips at all costs.

Also, is "could cold come up with" some new slang? I'd like to know for sure before I start dropping it into my conversations.

• Like 4