MLB 2016 Changes

FiddySicks

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Cujo said:

This I can guarantee: The Yanks will break out navy jerseys wayyy before they'll ever slap on NOBs -- not that their "fans" would notice.

fans.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=664&h=44

Since most replica jerseys do have NOB , i think this guy in grey is excused

6 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

It seems like those hybrid alternates are the only thing Milwaukee has worn this season.

I dont think ive ever seen someone hate on that MB glove logo (except for the webbing)

so im not surprised the players keep picking it (im assuming they pick)

9 hours ago, HighCheese said:

I dont think ive ever seen someone hate on that MB glove logo (except for the webbing)

so im not surprised the players keep picking it (im assuming they pick)

I hate it. There, I said it.

spacer.png

I don't hate the ball-in-glove by any means, but I do think it's a bit overrated. 

A good logo? Yes. Clever? Yes. But one of the greatest logos in baseball history and thus needs to come back right absolutely now? Eh, not really to me. I've just never really been swept by it like others have.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

5 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I don't hate the ball-in-glove by any means, but I do think it's a bit overrated. 

A good logo? Yes. Clever? Yes. But one of the greatest logos in baseball history and thus needs to come back right absolutely now? Eh, not really to me. I've just never really been swept by it like others have.

Exactly my thoughts as I think what the Brewers have now is better.

The m and the b in the logo are cool but all it forms is just a piece of equipment.

IbjBaeE.png

I think the BiG is cool and all, but the Brewers have had many better logos in their past. Beer Barrelman and his incarnations (American Association and 1970's), Motre Bame, and even bits of the current look all reflect a stronger identity than a logo that says "baseball team with the initials M.B." It's the royal blue/yellow-gold color scheme that I like from the BiG era, not the logo.

16 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

It seems like those hybrid alternates are the only thing Milwaukee has worn this season.

Yup.  They've played about 25 games and I swear they've worn the hybrids for 20 of them.  I guess I don't really care.  I hate their entire set anyway.  I will not be happy until royal/yellow are brought back full time, with or without the BiG logo.

On 5/2/2016 at 6:22 AM, Cujo said:

This I can guarantee: The Yanks will break out navy jerseys wayyy before they'll ever slap on NOBs -- not that their "fans" would notice.

fans.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=664&h=44

I hate when people hate on the fans for wearing Yankee shirts/jerseys with NOB. The t-shirts (left) ONLY come with NOBs - They're A LOT cheaper than any version of the jersey, and the replica jersey (right) are only $100 instead of $200. Why should a fan have to get ONLY an authentic? It's not their fault that MLB doesn't sell the replicas with NNOB. 

Anubis.png

15 minutes ago, Anubis2051 said:

I hate when people hate on the fans for wearing Yankee shirts/jerseys with NOB. The t-shirts (left) ONLY come with NOBs - They're A LOT cheaper than any version of the jersey, and the replica jersey (right) are only $100 instead of $200. Why should a fan have to get ONLY an authentic? It's not their fault that MLB doesn't sell the replicas with NNOB. 

I see blank Yankee jerseys for sale whenever I go to Modell's or Sports Authority.  Any sporting goods shop can put a number on one of these jerseys.  (Not being in the market for these things, I haven't checked the price point.)

And blank blue Yankee t-shirts are widely available.  Again, it's a simple matter to get a white block number screen printed onto such a t-shirt.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

i have no issue with a yankees fan wearing a tshirt with a name on it... it's a tshirt. tshirts aren't jerseys. and even if it's a "shirsey," that is in such a different realm as jerseys that it doesn't even come close to counting.

buying a replica jersey with a name on it though seems iffy. if i were a yankees fan (god forbid) i'd either buy a blank, and get it customized, buy a blank and leave it blank, or have the name removed.

it just seems so wrong to have a name on the back of a yankees jersey, or an incorrect font on just about any jersey. 

18 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I see blank Yankee jerseys for sale whenever I go to Modell's or Sports Authority.  Any sporting goods shop can put a number on one of these jerseys.  (Not being in the market for these things, I haven't checked the price point.)

And blank blue Yankee t-shirts are widely available.  Again, it's a simple matter to get a white block number screen printed onto such a t-shirt.

No, it's not. Those blank shirts are just as expensive as the ones with names and numbers. Then you add the (rather expensive) cost of adding a number. The replicas are available named/numbered right away, for less of a cost. 

Anubis.png

I'm gonna go to New York and buy a navy blue t-shirt with "JETER 2" in Machine font on the back. Then I'm gonna walk around everywhere and be like "AAAAAAY, I'M WALKIN' HEE-UH!" and "YOU CALL THAT PIZZA? OHHHHH!"

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

I'm gonna go to New York and buy a navy blue t-shirt with "JETER 2" in Machine font on the back. Then I'm gonna walk around everywhere and be like "AAAAAAY, I'M WALKIN' HEE-UH!" and "YOU CALL THAT PIZZA? OHHHHH!"

Were you trying to make it sound like Andrew Dice Clay here?

bSLCtu2.png

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

A composite of Dice and various low-level Sopranos characters.

Progressive Boink wrote about every bridge-and-tunnel scumbag in this GOAT-gif contender:

baseballyankeefans.gif

It's glorious. A real work of art. Everyone must read it.

Haha! That article is gold. Pure poetry.

I remember watching that game and thinking, "I never thought anything could possibly add to my hatred for the Yankees, but...that kid's got a real gift." Texas eventually winning that series was ultra-sweet. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

18 hours ago, Anubis2051 said:

No, it's not. Those blank shirts are just as expensive as the ones with names and numbers. Then you add the (rather expensive) cost of adding a number. The replicas are available named/numbered right away, for less of a cost. 

Buying a replica jersey with a NOB for either the Red Sox (home whites) or Yankees in inexcusable. They sell replicas for both teams with NOB and without, for the same price. 

Archived