infrared41's Best and Worst - NFL Week 8

infrared41

Week 8 gave us some pretty good match ups for the best list. The battle for the top spot was the toughest of the season so far - and it's a bit of a shocker. There were only a couple candidates for the worst list but a perennial best list contender did take the top spot. It took 8 weeks to get here, but I finally have something nice to say about the Cleveland Browns. So put 60 seconds on the clock and let's play our game. As always, your mileage may vary.

Best:

1. Lions - Chiefs: My guess is I'm going to catch some flack for this one. "The Lions in the top spot!?!?!" Yes. This game is the one I thought looked the best this week. Simple as that. The colors just work in this one. Anyway, I think we have a couple of firsts here. I'm pretty sure this is the first time a London game has taken the top spot and I think this is the first time the Lions have been number one on the best list.

Chiefs.jpg

2. Jets - Raiders: The green pants are the only thing keeping this game out of the top spot. The white over green look is starting to grow on me, but I still think all white looks a lot better - especially against a top 5 look like the Raiders. A really good looking game that could have looked great.

Jets.jpg

3. Vikings - Bears: It's hard to keep the Bears home uniform (the best in the NFL) off the best list - throw in the Vikings road uniform and it's impossible. The colors look just a little weird together, but the sunshine makes up for it. I like the Vikings white over purple look, but I think all white would have worked even better in this one. Still a really good looking game.

Bears.jpg

4. Giants - Saints: Last week New Orleans won a road game wearing the gold pants. This week, they win a home game wearing the gold pants. Hopefully, that means the end of the black pants for the rest of this season - and more appearances on the best list. I know a lot of people dislike the red numbers and sleeve stripes but I think the Giants have one of the best road looks in the league. Who cares that the road look doesn't match the home look? All that matters to me is that it looks good. And it does. Play this game outdoors in the sun and it moves up a few spots.

Saints.jpg

5. 49ers - Rams: I'm not as big a fan of the Rams throwbacks as a lot of people are but it's still a pretty good look. Anyone who knows me here knows that I prefer the Rams old blue and white look. I'll even go as far as to say I prefer the Rams current look to these throwbacks. That said, this was still a good looking game that will look even better when it's being played outdoors in Los Angeles next season.

Rams.jpg

Honorable Mention: Colts - Panthers: I really thought the rain would kill the look of this game. It didn't. Both looks held up really well in less than ideal conditions. A fine looking game.

Colts.jpg

Thanks for ruining a potentially great match up:

This week's winners - your Houston Texans. The TItans finally wear one of their best looks and the Texans go and ruin it with that monochrome blue disaster. What a waste.

Texans.jpg

Worst:

1. Bengals - Steelers: When the Bengals are the best looking team on the field, you know we're in trouble. When the Bengals are by far and away the best looking team on the field, it must be a train wreck of epic proportions. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you a bunch of guy in cat suits being attacked by bunch of guys in bumble bee suits. Seriously, those Steelers throwbacks are so ugly they make the Bengals look pretty good by comparison. Holy hell, that is one ugly game.

Steelers.jpg

2. Buccaneers - Falcons: The ugliest uniform in the league faces off against the most outdated ugly look in the league. What else needs to be said?

Bucs.jpg

And finally, it's time to say something nice about the Cleveland Browns. Other than the silly word mark on the pants, this is a pretty good look.

Browns%201.jpg

That's it for this week. Thanks for dropping by.

BB52Big.jpg

Bengals-Steelers was legitimately difficult to watch.

Between the Bengals tiger stripes, the Steelers bee stripes, and the officials that is the most stripes you'll ever see on a football field at one time. That's a record that will never be broken.

PvO6ZWJ.png

ANYTHING is better than the bumblebee unis

.steelers_alltime041003.jpg

That's what the game should have looked like - right down to the Steelers block number font.

I'd even take the old Kenny Anderson Bengals unis.

Ever consider doing an all-time best/worst list?

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

i'll take Raiders v Jets this week. and i'm not a fan of the Panthers uniforms at all, but that game in primetime, on natural grass, in the rain . . thats football baby! solid 2 for me.

The Panthers helmet stripe seems out of place to me. Remove it and I think you go from a good look to a really good look.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

ANYTHING is better than the bumblebee unis

.steelers_alltime041003.jpg

That's what the game should have looked like - right down to the Steelers block number font.

I'd even take the old Kenny Anderson Bengals unis.

Ever consider doing an all-time best/worst list?

No, but I'm considering it now. Do you mean all time best/worst looking games?

BB52Big.jpg

i'll take Raiders v Jets this week. and i'm not a fan of the Panthers uniforms at all, but that game in primetime, on natural grass, in the rain . . thats football baby! solid 2 for me.

The Panthers helmet stripe seems out of place to me. Remove it and I think you go from a good look to a really good look.

Yeah, I hate the Panthers's helmet stripe. It looks goofy as hell, and matches nothing. Put the pants stripe on there, and it would be a massive upgrade.

Archived